sanchez named starter | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sanchez named starter

Don't bet on two wins that easy.

Pfffttt, between the Jets and Dolphins there's always that one game that turns the tide for one team against the other. Phins dominated the Jets for a good while until that god damned Monday Night Miracle.... after that it seemed like we couldn't get a win in NY. Until week 17, that division championship we won. We own the Jets now and they know it, not only that but we will own them for years to come. We spent our years getting beat on by them, those years are over.

The Jets have a way of beating us when they really shouldn't. Then again, that's usually been with Pennington at the helm, and Chad nearly worked his magic in reverse in Week 1 when we came basically a pass away from winning the game, even though I dare say the Dolphins had no business beating the Jets that early in the year before everything had gelled together.

Sanchez was TERRIBLE against the Ravens' first stringers. He didn't start to do anything that looked even remotely like a starting QB until the Ravens subbed out guys like Ray Lewis, Paul Kruger, Tavares Gooden and Ed Reed. And of course, Terrell Suggs never even played in the game. And that one touchdown pass, which represented basically the only good play he had in the game that was not a hand-off (and he screwed up one of those, too) came only after he scrambled out of the pocket, where that 6'2" frame and crouched delivery could see better and deliver the football without bodies flying around him. He still wasn't seeing the field properly, either. It was just a good play call. Afterwards in interview, he repeatedly said that it was a Defensive Lineman that was covering Leon Washington deep down the field on the wheel route, when it was #53 Jameel McClain, who is the backup ILB.

The Jets have a way of beating us when they really shouldn't. Then again, that's usually been with Pennington at the helm, and Chad nearly worked his magic in reverse in Week 1 when we came basically a pass away from winning the game, even though I dare say the Dolphins had no business beating the Jets that early in the year before everything had gelled together.

Sanchez was TERRIBLE against the Ravens' first stringers. He didn't start to do anything that looked even remotely like a starting QB until the Ravens subbed out guys like Ray Lewis, Paul Kruger, Tavares Gooden and Ed Reed. And of course, Terrell Suggs never even played in the game. And that one touchdown pass, which represented basically the only good play he had in the game that was not a hand-off (and he screwed up one of those, too) came only after he scrambled out of the pocket, where that 6'2" frame and crouched delivery could see better and deliver the football without bodies flying around him. He still wasn't seeing the field properly, either. It was just a good play call. Afterwards in interview, he repeatedly said that it was a Defensive Lineman that was covering Leon Washington deep down the field on the wheel route, when it was #53 Jameel McClain, who is the backup ILB.

You just broke down that play in a way that was non-beneficial to the Jests agenda....Junc is gonna slam you!!!:lol:

Alot of rookie starting qbs never had great pre-seasons. IE: Matt Ryan. Look how he turned out his first pass was a TD.... lets not get too excited yet.

I want to know if im alone in thinking that Clemens looked rather good in the ravens game. I know Lewis and co wasnt in there, but he looked very poised. He delivered the ball well but his guys dropped them. I hope they keep Sanchez in there cause that leaves only the patsies for us to worry about. IMO

The Patriots and Dolphins will be fighting for the top of the division.

And the Bills and Jets will be fighting for the bottom of the division.

That's what will happen.

The Patriots and Dolphins will be fighting for the top of the division.

And the Bills and Jets will be fighting for the bottom of the division.

That's what will happen.

Agreed...though thats a battle i think the Jets can win!

I think Sanchez and their meathead rookie HC stacks it a little more in our favor.. but as we proved against the Ravens in 07, there ain't nothing close to a sure thing in the NFL!

He did score a TD against the Ravens starters, the only 2 that were taken out were Lewis and Reed.
Any rookie QB at this point of the season would look bad against that defense, heck veterans llook bad against that defense. They were blitzing and attacking, it wasn't like they played a very vanilla defense that you would normally see in preseason games. People liked the way he didn''t back down and battled.
Hes not facing the Ravens defense the rest of the season, hes also going to get better.
Joe Flacco started the season with 1 TD 7 INTs last year, he looked bad early on.

i think suggs was out at that point too, and the ravens lost scott and some other starters so the ravens D without Lewis, Reed and Suggs is just average

I want to know if im alone in thinking that Clemens looked rather good in the ravens game. I know Lewis and co wasnt in there, but he looked very poised. He delivered the ball well but his guys dropped them. I hope they keep Sanchez in there cause that leaves only the patsies for us to worry about. IMO

IMO, Kellen Clemens looked better in both games. He looked better because he had the bullets and bodies flying at him and he did more with it.

He was absolutely sacrificed in that first game against the Rams. The Rams had their starters in, but the Jets were without D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Alan Faneca and Damien Woody. Their replacements played TERRIBLY and Clemens had people in his face the whole time. Remember that play against the Jags where Brandon Frye let DT Derek Landri in untouched to do a belly flop on Chad Henne? The same thing happened with Kellen Clemens, except amazingly he managed to duck the unchecked sacker, roll out and run for a couple of yards. Lots of pressure, but he still completed some passes, converted some drives, kicked a field goal...

By the time Sanchez came in against the Rams, the Rams took their first stringers off the field. The first string offense was still on the field, though. The offensive line had better matchups. He had plenty of time on that first long throw to Clowney that had everyone creaming themselves. From there all he had to do was read simplistic blitzes and dump the ball into the vacated zone. That 26 yard gain by Keller was not even a particularly good choice by Sanchez against the second stringers, because Keller was covered in man and he got the ball to him short of the first down marker on 3rd & 10. Keller just completely shook off the would-be tackler and delivered a BUFU'ing to the Rams defense. Very impressed with Keller, btw. So anyway after this incomplete showing, Rex Ryan pulls Sanchez, quitting while ahead.

He did the same thing against the Ravens. He left Sanchez out there until he could do SOMETHING good, and then yanked him so that everyone would remember the one good play and not the ten bad ones.

Did Kellen Clemens screw up when he threw that interception TD? Sure. But note that Sanchez did that twice. Clemens had the same DL pressuring him as Sanchez had before, and Tavares Gooden and Paul Kruger had come back on the field on defense which is something that Sanchez didn't have to deal with on that touchdown. When Clemens came back out in the second half, I thought he REALLY bounced back with a vengeance. Were it not for some penalties and other miscues, that dude was making it rain with touchdowns.

I think the Jets are making a mistake going with Sanchez. Guy hasn't been even close to tested.

Yeah and teams thought we were gonna be an easy win on their schedule last year, so bit your tongue. It's not a win until the clock reads 0:00. The Jets 'D' is no joke and that can keep you in any game.

By the way I hate you for making me defend the F-ing Jets!

On the other hand, the Jets D wasn't that bad, actually putting them up to the original in terms of Ryan bringing over the D he ran in Balt. and then watching the D he had in Balt. compared to the one he has in NY..speed was the difference.. Remember the Jets didn't have Revis and K.Jenkins in on D either..and didn't look that bad, Flacco got one TD on them, but that was it.. even thought I say he looked pretty good as a QB..his passing was pretty sharp, considering they didn't run the ball too much that first half.. But it was his choice of throws that led balt. down the field..I was trying to project that to us, and Penny can't make those kinds of throws, so we will have to be a little more patient.. but it does look like you can throw on the jets, since Baltimore didn't run too much, or too little..really didn't get a fix on the Jet's run D. But the jets ran the ball on balt. D, regardless who was in 1st -3rd D.. and that's without woody in the Jet's OL..

Back
Top Bottom