Saturday 7/31/04 TC Report-Morning Session | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saturday 7/31/04 TC Report-Morning Session

BlitPhinFan said:
Exactly! This is almost the same defense that didn't allow 1 100 yard back last season. No one and I mean no one, ran effectively against this D!
Now, I don't want to sound all negative here, but didn't the Eagles run that effective 3 back set against us? I know that neither of them individually reached 100, but, y'know, didn't they run effectively against us?

Looks like good news for the future of our linebackers. The line probably needs time to get in sync. Anyway, thanks a lot finsflurry.

Phinz4Life said:
Now, I don't want to sound all negative here, but didn't the Eagles run that effective 3 back set against us? I know that neither of them individually reached 100, but, y'know, didn't they run effectively against us?
True, I forgot about that game:smackhead. They did rack up 140 yards on the ground, but I wouldn't call that ground breaking(oh man.. no pun intended, haha). Though, their yards per carry, was kinda scary! :eek: So, I guess you could definitly say they were effective against us.

But, it still stands that it's extemely tough to run against us. :tongue:

BlitPhinFan said:
True, I forgot about that game:smackhead. They did rack up 140 yards on the ground, but I wouldn't call that ground breaking(oh man.. no pun intended, haha). Though, their yards per carry, was kinda scary! :eek: So, I guess you could definitly say they were effective against us.

But, it still stands that it's extemely tough to run against us. :tongue:
yeah for some reason the Eagles O-line is the only one in the NFL tht dominated our d-line. the Colts did a pretty good job too but not like the Eagles.

I think it sounds like a good first practice. Actually compared to years past the middle drill sounds like it went ok. Chester is a friggin monster, especially now that he's dropped all that weight and has been playing with that 750 lb tracter tire all off season. Believe me, that man can plug up a line. I'm glad that Sammy is getting some carries as i thought he played real good against us with the bills, and he is a good hard nosed smart football player and is a good reciever. With Russell and Minor in, did we spread out hte O more with either double TE or 3 WR minus the FB? Anyone get a good look at the right side of the line during contact stuff? Any updates on Poole and Yeremiah Bell? Thanks again for sharing this stuff. as I am here at Ramstein all the way across the pond and knowing more of went on than many folks in south fla...thanks again,,,4D

Snoops catch was the highlight. The crowd, which was huge, went nuts. I had a good look at it and I think it was a catch but I'm the homer of the year, what am I going to say? Feeley and Fiedler look pretty even but it will shake out during the exhibition games. After game three Dave will announce his starter, Jay. Just the way I see it, not what I'd like to see.

I haven't heard anything about JT abusing Wade Smith. Anybody notice anything there?

inFINSible said:
I haven't heard anything about JT abusing Wade Smith. Anybody notice anything there?

Smith only got beat a couple times, once was early on when they did a PA fake and Jay nearly got sacked, but overall he was much improved from the camps now that he has pads.

Finsflurry said:
Smith only got beat a couple times, once was early on when they did a PA fake and Jay nearly got sacked, but overall he was much improved from the camps now that he has pads.
Funny how that works huh? :lol:

good to hear though... :D

Hey at least one spot on our line looked good! That's a start.

Thanks for the report, finsflurry.

the problem with the o-line is, that we won´t find out how good they really are, because we have such a tough run defense to handle

Al13 said:
the problem with the o-line is, that we won´t find out how good they really are, because we have such a tough run defense to handle
But, and this is a big "but", if they can open up holes against our run defense... just think what they can do to other defenses. When they can do it against our defense, then we'll know they have made great progress. :D

BlitPhinFan said:
But, and this is a big "but", if they can open up holes against our run defense... just think what they can do to other defenses. When they can do it against our defense, then we'll know they have made great progress. :D
And heres one bright side. Week 1 vs. Titans, well b playing against a D-Line horribly depleted by tthe loss of the Freak and rising star Robarie Smith. Kevin Carter and haynesworth can ony do so much.

Back
Top Bottom