Schein thinks the Bills will be this year's Cinderella | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schein thinks the Bills will be this year's Cinderella

With Carson heading to Arizona, there are effectively no more possibilities for an instant upgrade. Short of Buffalo drafting Barkley, they are in trouble at QB...

Carson Palmer is not upgrading any team, Carson Palmer is a bad QB. A guy who will put up some decent #s on bad teams but you aren't winning w/ him. He has not been the same since his injury in the '05 playoffs.

Buffalo just needs competent QB play as long as they ride CJ Spiller who is a dynamic weapon that 90% of the teams in this league do not have.

Carson Palmer is not upgrading any team, Carson Palmer is a bad QB. A guy who will put up some decent #s on bad teams but you aren't winning w/ him. He has not been the same since his injury in the '05 playoffs.

Buffalo just needs competent QB play as long as they ride CJ Spiller who is a dynamic weapon that 90% of the teams in this league do not have.

Carson Palmer is easily better than Mark Sanchez, Tarvaris Jackson, Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and any number of scrubs who have played QB in the AFC East recently.

You want to know which team is shuffling the chairs on the deck of the Titanic right now, it's the Raiders. That team is just flat out screwed for at least a couple more years as they work their way out of the hole dug by the corpse of Al Davis and Hue "Why won't anyone give me a head coaching job now?" Jackson.

Carson Palmer is easily better than Mark Sanchez, Tarvaris Jackson, Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and any number of scrubs who have played QB in the AFC East recently.

You want to know which team is shuffling the chairs on the deck of the Titanic right now, it's the Raiders. That team is just flat out screwed for at least a couple more years as they work their way out of the hole dug by the corpse of Al Davis and Hue "Why won't anyone give me a head coaching job now?" Jackson.

No he is not, don't let last year fool you where Mark had no weapons. Overall he has a winning record in the reg and postseason including outplaying Palmer in their playoff matchup- mark's 1st ever playoff game(which was on the road).

carson palmer is a nice name who will put up good #s in mostly garbage time spots. No team is winning w/ him. The difference btw Sanchez and the others you mentioned is Sanchez has won in this league.

Sounds like Mark Sanchez without the "decent #s" part. ;)

and minus all the wins.

Junc if Sanchez is a good QB when he has weapons why do you feel they'll finish in last place in the division this year?

Junc if Sanchez is a good QB when he has weapons why do you feel they'll finish in last place in the division this year?

at the moment we don't have many weapons. Our top WR is coming off a serious injury, Kerley is a good slot guy, Hill is still raw, we lost his favorite receiver in keller. We'll see what happens w/ the draft but right now the weapons on O don't look great. Add to probably losing Revis, that's why I am thinking last but again anything can happen. I haven't given up on the year just trying to be realistic.

All you need to know here is that junc still thinks Sanchez is a good QB. Moving right along...

and minus all the wins.

Palmer has started 121 regular season games and has lost 15 more than he has won. Sanchez has only started 62 regular season games and has only won 4 more than he has lost. Palmer has thrown 59 more TDs to his interceptions. Sanchez has thrown more interceptions than he has thrown TDs.

Football is a team sport, so I don't put a whole lot into a QBs win/loss record. You need to watch them play. I've watched Palmer play, and I've watched Sanchez play. Palmer has had his days, but most of the time he was not the main reason why his team lost and was a big part of why they were even in a lot of games. Sanchez on the other hand, has been the main reason his team has lost many times and is usually not the main reason his team won. If Sanchez is even able to find a team to let him start another 59 games, I'd be willing to bet that his win / loss record will be much worse than what Palmer's is.

After four seasons, the win/loss record is practically identical.

playoff apps since he entered league:

Brady 4
Rodgers 4
Flacco 4
Peyton 3
Brees 3
Ryan 3
Sanchez 2
Ben 2
Dalton 2

7th in playoff apps

playoff wins:

Flacco 7
Rodgers 5
Sanchez 4
Eli 4
Brees 4
Brady 3
Kaepernick 3
Ben 2
Peyton 2

3rd in playoff wins

That's pretty good for a guy who can't play

Palmer has started 121 regular season games and has lost 15 more than he has won. Sanchez has only started 62 regular season games and has only won 4 more than he has lost. Palmer has thrown 59 more TDs to his interceptions. Sanchez has thrown more interceptions than he has thrown TDs.

Football is a team sport, so I don't put a whole lot into a QBs win/loss record. You need to watch them play. I've watched Palmer play, and I've watched Sanchez play. Palmer has had his days, but most of the time he was not the main reason why his team lost and was a big part of why they were even in a lot of games. Sanchez on the other hand, has been the main reason his team has lost many times and is usually not the main reason his team won. If Sanchez is even able to find a team to let him start another 59 games, I'd be willing to bet that his win / loss record will be much worse than what Palmer's is.

80% of Palmer's #s have come in garbage time. There's nothing more important than winning, I'll take a winning QB over a #s guy any day. The best have both.

Carson Palmer hasn't ben the same since his knee injury, Sanchez was awful last year but put Palmer on our team and he would have been worse. Carson Palmer is not a winning QB.

Brady 4
Rodgers 4
Flacco 4
Peyton 3
Brees 3
Ryan 3
Sanchez 2
Ben 2
Dalton 2

7th in playoff apps

playoff wins:

Flacco 7
Rodgers 5
Sanchez 4
Eli 4
Brees 4
Brady 3
Kaepernick 3
Ben 2
Peyton 2

3rd in playoff wins

Considering it's unlikely Sanchez will do that ever again do continue to hang on to those memories. I guess I would too if the Dolphins did the same thing 3 and 4 years ago.

Considering it's unlikely Sanchez will do that ever again do continue to hang on to those memories. I guess I would too if the Dolphins did the same thing 3 and 4 years ago.

Maybe he doesn't? but he did do it and we know a team can win big with him if surrounded w/ the right talent. We don't know that about half the QBs in the league- at least half.

Brady 4
Rodgers 4
Flacco 4
Peyton 3
Brees 3
Ryan 3
Sanchez 2
Ben 2
Dalton 2

7th in playoff apps

playoff wins:

Flacco 7
Rodgers 5
Sanchez 4
Eli 4
Brees 4
Brady 3
Kaepernick 3
Ben 2
Peyton 2

3rd in playoff wins

80% of Palmer's #s have come in garbage time. There's nothing more important than winning, I'll take a winning QB over a #s guy any day. The best have both.

Carson Palmer hasn't ben the same since his knee injury, Sanchez was awful last year but put Palmer on our team and he would have been worse. Carson Palmer is not a winning QB.

Good QBs on bad teams can only do so much. Bad QBs can win if the team around them is good enough.

In the majority of the wins you credit Sanchez for, he was not the main reason the Jets won. Yet, in the losses that Sanchez did play a major part in, you blame other parts of the team. If Sanchez gets the team back in a game, you call it bringing his team back (Even if he was major reason they were down in the first place), when other QBs do it, you call it garbage time numbers. Your evaluation of QBs is very biased.

If winning is all that matters to you, then you would probably prefer Tebow over Matt Ryan? I know you prefer Sanchez to Rivers, Romo and just about any QB not named Tom Brady. Vince Young has an excellent regular season record. He must be a better QB then Matthew Stafford.

Back
Top Bottom