Scoop on color change | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Scoop on color change

Either way it goes its fresh. and new, its what miami needs.

Lighter then what we have now?? Our colors already look sissy, being even lighter will look worse!!!

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Great, now our colors can look sissy like the Chargers baby blue colored jersey

Thumbs down for lack of swag.

Gentlemen and Ladies I present the the new logo:

li5oh-1.jpg
It is retro and modern while keeping the same look as 1997 but, bringing back the old colors and the old sun ring.

Our helmet:

juwh79-1.jpg
I love the grey facemask the retro days so if we go retro we go all the way.

Our Uniforms:

23wthc4-1.jpg
These look very nice and I think I did a real good job with them.

If this this the way we go I am all for it! These are the colors schemes the OP said they might be (light neon orange, very deep aqua for outline, and dolphin blue aqua for the body. Yes, this is not the real logo it's my creation that I made gothcha :d-day:. Just thought I would share and get feedback. If this is the true way we go. Holy **** I think they nail it.

I dont get it. are you saying this IS our new logo, or what you want it to be?...please be more careful with your wording.

I like the unis except for the logo on the sleeve, it's redundant of what's on the helmet...the space should be used for sleeve striping.

that won't be the new logo. it still looks like a cartoon.

Pasquale, I hope and pray that isn't it!!!

No bro, I just made a mock up of what the OP said. Why don't you like it? It is very hard to do something with our logo in general because its a dolphin. Retro the colors will be lighter. Something completely new and it will look like this:
w2dit3-1.jpg

Dark Teal, Black, Deep Orange. Just a another mock up of FINFAN I made. There are so many of us who want to go retro but, there are so many of us that want darker. Like yourself. Either way truthfully it works!

I dont get it. are you saying this IS our new logo, or what you want it to be?...please be more careful with your wording.

I like the unis except for the logo on the sleeve, it's redundant of what's on the helmet...the space should be used for sleeve striping.

Will do bro. More stripes I can do that. I'll post that one later for you.

that won't be the new logo. it still looks like a cartoon.

Hmmmm let's see cartoon you say skape, most of the ******* league has cartoons bro. Let's take a look shall we:

347vimb-1.png

Seahawks: Cartoon
Jaguars: Cartoon
Patriots: Cartoon
Dolphins: Cartoon
Ravens: Cartoon
Vikings: Cartoon
Rams: Cartoon
Eagles: Cartoon
Falcons: Cartoon
Raiders : Cartoon
Panthers: Cartoon
Broncos: Cartoon
Cardinals: Cartoon
Bengals: Cartoon
Redskins: Cartoon

See half the league are cartoons. So to say it looks like a cartoon well the others 16 teams are as well. There is no other way bro. I just proved you wrong. It will be a Cartoon. Watch an see. Bank on it.

I'm not a fan of lighter faded colors. But if we can survive this changeover with an altered color scheme, and we lose the helmet on the dolphin, but the basic logo is not butchered, I'll consider it an escape.

The idea right now is to fade the Mike Dee era with as little damage as possible.

Gentlemen and Ladies I present the the new logo:

li5oh-1.jpg
It is retro and modern while keeping the same look as 1997 but, bringing back the old colors and the old sun ring.

Our helmet:

juwh79-1.jpg
I love the grey facemask the retro days so if we go retro we go all the way.

Our Uniforms:

23wthc4-1.jpg
These look very nice and I think I did a real good job with them.

If this this the way we go I am all for it! These are the colors schemes the OP said they might be (light neon orange, very deep aqua for outline, and dolphin blue aqua for the body. Yes, this is not the real logo it's my creation that I made gothcha :d-day:. Just thought I would share and get feedback. If this is the true way we go. Holy **** I think they nail it.

Thats not aqua, it's turquoise and ugly as sin. Try again.

Hmmmm let's see cartoon you say skape, most of the ******* league has cartoons bro. Let's take a look shall we:

347vimb-1.png

See half the league are cartoons. So to say it looks like a cartoon well the others 16 teams are as well. There is no other way bro. I just proved you wrong. It will be a Cartoon. Watch an see. Bank on it.

Pretty sure he's referring to the fact that it has been stated several times that the new logo would be less like a cartoon like our current logo.

347vimb-1.png

As Houtz mentioned, the Dolphins already stated the new logo would not look like a cartoon, so that one can't be it.

In any case, half the ones you mentioned are not cartoons. The ONLY one that honestly wouldn't look out of place in a Disney show is the Dolphins logo. The only other one that could possibly be considered a cartoon out of those is the Cardinals logo, and possibly the Bengals logo. The rest are done in a style consistent with logo design.

All I know is, when you see a team like the Ravens and look at their colors, it speaks tough and physical football. Then you look at our colors. It makes us look soft and weak.

I actually really dislike the Ravens logo... Too much stuff going on with it.

My favorites are the classics like Green Bay, SF, Dallas, Chicago and Colts. They are simple and timeless. As a result, they won't ever go out of style.

The more I see some of these classic logos, the more I wish we would just go back to the way we were. The old logo wasn't as cartoony as the newer one, and with the throwback colors it would look great and I think most of the fans would embrace it. Definitely not loving the Sea World Dolphins logo leak. I'm not going to hate it, but I really hope that there are some other logos that are being considered.

Back
Top Bottom