Sean Smith: needs to go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith: needs to go

slider732

Long time poster on ESPN Fins Board
Reaction score
@SeanSMITH24: Must be nice to play whatever technique u want, do a lil trash talkin, and be yourself out there!!! One day

This is a shot across Philbins bow as far as I'm concerned. This guy needs to go, he's not any good, and runs his mouth like a teenage girl.

Let him go in fa, sign Cox and draft Millner. Done and done.

Might not be a shot at Philbin and more like a shot at Coyle/secondary coach.

It's true though we need to let our guys be themselves but also disciplined.

In other words it's somebody else's fault he didn't have a great season. He had a new coach this past year, had a different coach last year, and yet a different coach his rookie season but it's not his fault he doesn't make plays...its all those other coaches he's had.

Two things: First of all, IF it is a shot against Coyle then it is a shot against Philbin. Second, to be fair he says right before that he wants to come back.

Hey Sean must be nice to have CBs that hold on to the ball! Must be nice to have CBs that don't piss their pants tackling a RB! Hey Sean it must be nice to have CBs that make a stop on third down to stop a game winning drive! Hey Sean you know what will be real nice? When I don't have to watch you embarrassing my team weekly!

@JustinGrimes15: @SeanSMITH24 if thats ur opinion, then leave mia as a fa. u are god awful + are scared to tkle. And you cldn't catch a cold. #goodriddence

I replied with that to him and he blocked me. Hahaha I must have struck a nerve.

Yeah, it would be a bad idea to pay this #3 corner $5-7 million a year.

Amen, nothing would make more happier than to see Smith in another uniform next season. He is awful.

Good thing we traded Vontae for a ham sandwich eh?

looks like Jeffy the Ball Boy bet on the wrong "horse"

laughable

When does he have an opportunity to talk trash??? He constantly gets beat and never makes plays on the ball!!! Go somewhere else and play whatever technique you want while getting burned every play!!! I'm done with him. We can draft a CB that covers way better than he can anyway. P.S. I've never seen a 6'3 220lb corner that's afraid to tackle like him.

As much as everyone hates him, we are going to have to re-sign him. I would rather us get a corner in FA and the draft but we are too stupid to do that. Cox and Milliner would be ideal, but we need to trade down to get to Milliner, and I doubt we will spend big money on a FA corner. If we let Smith walk, we don't have any corner backs, and we won't even be in position to get Milliner in the draft either way.

Well maybe you guys are right, I mean Jones has the same coaches and he had a pro bowl year in my opinion. Don't see what Smith's excuses or ranting is about if you look at it like that.

If we let Smith walk, we don't have any corner backs, and we won't even be in position to get Milliner in the draft either way.

This is one of the reasons why we're stuck at 7-9, because we overpay sub-par to average players. Its why, despite our records these past couple of years, we never had a lot of cap space the following season. Now I'm not necessarily against resigning Smith, but only for 3-4 million a year. On an average to good secondary, Smith would be a #3 corner. Only on our awful secondary is Smith considered a "#2, possible #1." He doesn't make plays against the good or better QBs and teams; his INTs and dropped INTs come against the Kevin Kolbs and Mark Sanchezs of the world. Against the Lucks, the Bradys, Smith gets burned and blows coverages all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the reasons why we're stuck at 7-9, because we overpay sub-par to average players. Its why, despite our records these past couple of years, we never had a lot of cap space the following season. Now I'm not necessarily against resigning Smith, but only for 3-4 Million a year. On an average to good secondary, Smith would be a #3 corner. Only on our awful secondary is Smith considered a "#2, possible #1."

"It's too hard to find a replacement" is and never will be a valid reason for not trying to actively improve your roster. Take on the challenge and draft better

This is one of the reasons why we're stuck at 7-9, because we overpay sub-par to average players. Its why, despite our records these past couple of years, we never had a lot of cap space the following season. Now I'm not necessarily against resigning Smith, but only for 3-4 Million a year. On an average to good secondary, Smith would be a #3 corner. Only on our awful secondary is Smith considered a "#2, possible #1."
You're right but some on this site seems to want to pay Long, pay Smith, pay Hartline, pay Starks, pay Fasano (lol), pay everyone, you know, the same group of guys who only amount to 7 wins the past 4 years.

Hartline and Bush are the only one who should get paid, and Jones deserves an extension. Starks perhaps at the right amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom