Sean Smith: needs to go | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith: needs to go

Honest question that I can't figure out for the life of me. What happened to the Sean Smith that had monster games against AJ Green, Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson? Serious, what happened the rest of the season. Is it a match up thing he's just better against guys about his size and has a terrible time against smaller quicker receivers? or is it all just him being inconsistent?

Early in those games he looked and seemed to play with alot of confidence! A new man was born right before our very eyes, very much like his highlights against C.Johnson on Hard Knocks. After awhile something happened and he started reverting to his old self! Lack of confidence teemed etc

SSmith played well against them, yes, but but Carroll and Wilson also covered these guys when the coverage was rolled at times. Again, good at times, but far from Elite. The best thing he has going for himself is staying healthy. The guy takes a ton of snaps. He is still inconsistent though and does not make game changing - or winning, plays - even when they hit him in the hands... A decent #2 corner... much like Hartline, you can make a case to keep him or let him walk either way...

Disagree, Smith should never be a team #1 corner, but as your #2, he can be very effective. Millner is going to be a very good corner, as much as I dislike the evil HC of Alabama, his teams defenses are always good, and Saban always take personal time to make sure the secondary of his teams are up to snuff. I have no doubt Millner is talented, and was very well coached while at Alabama, but Miami should not go secondary with their 1st pick. Miami should use try to either use their #1 pick on Offense (WR or TE....yes TE, I like a certain TE from ND), or go with one of the premier pass-rushers (Way more special talent there).

I think Miami should get one of the premier receivers in FA, and should also try to get a good coverage corner in FA. If Miami can get an effective pass-rusher in the draft with one of their 1st 3 picks, the pass rush is going to automatically become much better, put the new corner on the opponent's best receiver, move Smith to the other side, and Miami pass defense will improve dramatically.

Honest question that I can't figure out for the life of me. What happened to the Sean Smith that had monster games against AJ Green, Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson? Serious, what happened the rest of the season. Is it a match up thing he's just better against guys about his size and has a terrible time against smaller quicker receivers? or is it all just him being inconsistent?

Early in those games he looked and seemed to play with alot of confidence! A new man was born right before our very eyes, very much like his highlights against C.Johnson on Hard Knocks. After awhile something happened and he started reverting to his old self! Lack of confidence teemed etc

When Richard Marshall got injured Sean Smith fell apart. The team was forced to play a lot more zone. Most of the TDs he gave up were in zone coverage. He doesn't play well in zone. He plays well in the press man to man. He even said it himself while we were in limbo last year searching for a coach. Carrol is garbage in man to man. Which is the reason the Dolphins played much more zone. I'm not trying to say hes a number 1 but hes a pretty decent number 2 corner to have on this team.

Back
Top Bottom