Sean Smith: needs to go | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith: needs to go

And that guy (Ireland) drafted a guy (Vontae Davis) that was consdidered the top cover CB in that draft and who was projected to be a top 15 pick on most draft sites. I recall many posters on this site speaking very highly of Sean Smith in the draft forum. The Phins drafted him where he was projected more or less. Many were very happy with those 2 picks at the time and most of us were very encouraged following their rookie seasons.
I personally don't spend a lot of time criticizing things in hindsight. That's the easiest thing in the world to do and its a waste of time and energy.

I disagree with this completely, there are only 32 NFL GMs on the planet and they are supposed to be the best of the best at evaluating and projecting talent, they are supposed to have the best foresight, basically, they get paid millions of dollars to read the tea leaves. Mere mortals can't judge the job they do on the day of the draft, we can only judge them through hindsight.

It doesn't matter if Ireland picks the guy 100% of us want or goes completely against the grain and picks somebody we've never heard of, all that matters is he picks the right guy. The funny thing is (and by funny, I mean pathetic), if you look at all of our picks from the first 3 rounds over the past 5 drafts, the times Ireland chooses a player that a decent percentage of fans want they turn out to be some of his better picks: Tannehill, Long, Pouncey, Davis, Smith and Vernon

If you look at the players where he picks against the grain, where people go 'we took who!?' he hasn't been as good: Donald Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Pat White, Jared Odrick, John Jerry, Micheal Egnew

Like I said, go against the grain all you want, just be right. I don't have time to go back to see who all the consensus picks were but I bet that we would have a much better team if Ireland just chose all the consensus picks from the finheaven draft forum. I think we deserve better than that.

Good thing we traded Vontae for a ham sandwich eh?

looks like Jeffy the Ball Boy bet on the wrong "horse"

laughable

:lol: :lol: What in the world are you talking about?

4cKaA-1.gif

No teamin their right mind will sign him, since it means yet another new coach

I agree. Sean Smith needs to walk. He won't tackle. He has awful ball awareness. He doesn't change direction well. He's weak minded. He can't catch. There's more, but, for purposes of showing he needs to be let go, that should suffice.

Good thing we traded Vontae for a ham sandwich eh?looks like Jeffy the Ball Boy bet on the wrong "horse"laughable
what's crazy about this is we didn't need another season to know which guy was better. Coming into the year Vontae had 9 picks and one back to the house + was a very strong tackler while Smith could never tackle and had 3 picks in the same number of games. Point is we knew Smith was not a playmaker and that Vontae showed flashes.

I'll just sit him down and make him watch his epic pick 6 drop in Balt last year or the year before.
Get him the **** out of here.
This is the final straw for me.
This guy will never be 1% of Vontae Davis.

Another kid who refuses to mature. I think he hit his peak anyway, he had a good chance to stay amd grt a decent contract, but I don't see Ireland overpaying for a player that comes off as ungrateful.

It is disheartening that the 2 CBs we drafted to lead the secondary will both be gone.

Yet, he gave up 8 rec for 119 yards, 1 TD against Andre Johnson in week 1. Don't just looks at the WRs that they are guarding, but the QBs and teams that they are playing against.

Smith didn't shadow Andre that whole game if memory serves. That's why I didn't include those numbers.

Smith lined up against Fitz and Green on almost every snap.

For all you guys that wanted the fins in the playoffs ..did you see what happen to champ bailey ..imagine what would happen to sean smith ..this bum needs to go.

That play against Indy, on their winning TD, is Sean Smith's legacy. He had all day to intercept or at least knock that ball down, and he was just totally lost. They guy can't track the ball in the air and he tackles even worse.
Buhbye!

Back
Top Bottom