Sean Smith: needs to go | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith: needs to go

When does he have an opportunity to talk trash??? He constantly gets beat and never makes plays on the ball!!! Go somewhere else and play whatever technique you want while getting burned every play!!! I'm done with him. We can draft a CB that covers way better than he can anyway. P.S. I've never seen a 6'3 220lb corner that's afraid to tackle like him.

We can? The guy that would be in charge of doing that is the guy that drafted Vontae and Smith in the first place- what makes you think he'd do any better this time?

I'd like to see us use the money from Smiths contract and a possibly a lil more and use it on another SS CB, the one from GB. We should add Sam Shields, he has blossomed into a terrific cover corner, he plays the ball well is always in the receiver plays tight coverage, can actually catch, is from Florida, played WR at the U before bonehead realized he'd be a much better CB and special teams stud. This guy would blossom with Coyle, and maybe a few GB receivers come with him to create a major talent influx to the Dolphins.

I'd like to see us use the money from Smiths contract and a possibly a lil more and use it on another SS CB, the one from GB. We should add Sam Shields, he has blossomed into a terrific cover corner, he plays the ball well is always in the receiver plays tight coverage, can actually catch, is from Florida, played WR at the U before bonehead realized he'd be a much better CB and special teams stud. This guy would blossom with Coyle, and maybe a few GB receivers come with him to create a major talent influx to the Dolphins.
I completely agree, but I think he is a restricted FA, so we would probably lose a pick if we want to sign him. I am all for that, but I think we should go out and find our own guys through the draft. All my marbles are on Milliner. He looks like a really solid CB and he was well coached under Saban. You won't be getting some rookie CB who will look absolutely lost from day one, I think he has the ability to cover any receiver, hell, he covered Tyler Eifert very well in the BCS Championship. We need to trade some picks to get him though, so I don't think we will be doing that. Basically, we are stuck with Smith.

We can? The guy that would be in charge of doing that is the guy that drafted Vontae and Smith in the first place- what makes you think he'd do any better this time?

And that guy (Ireland) drafted a guy (Vontae Davis) that was consdidered the top cover CB in that draft and who was projected to be a top 15 pick on most draft sites. I recall many posters on this site speaking very highly of Sean Smith in the draft forum. The Phins drafted him where he was projected more or less. Many were very happy with those 2 picks at the time and most of us were very encouraged following their rookie seasons.
I personally don't spend a lot of time criticizing things in hindsight. That's the easiest thing in the world to do and its a waste of time and energy.

ya'll need to get off sean smith, just cause he doesnt get a ton of ints doesnt mean he isnt an effective Good Cover CB. Its obvious coyle is not letting him be as aggressive as he would like to play and its holding smith back a bit.

This is one of the reasons why we're stuck at 7-9, because we overpay sub-par to average players. Its why, despite our records these past couple of years, we never had a lot of cap space the following season. Now I'm not necessarily against resigning Smith, but only for 3-4 Million a year. On an average to good secondary, Smith would be a #3 corner. Only on our awful secondary is Smith considered a "#2, possible #1."

I disagree, we are 7-9 because we cant put up enough points on offense due to having limited low talent in our WR core. Our defense played well enough to where this team could have went 10-6 and made the playoffs.

For me, Keenan Allen would be the ideal FA get. I hope we go after him hard.

And that guy (Ireland) drafted a guy (Vontae Davis) that was consdidered the top cover CB in that draft and who was projected to be a top 15 pick on most draft sites. I recall many posters on this site speaking very highly of Sean Smith in the draft forum. The Phins drafted him where he was projected more or less. Many were very happy with those 2 picks at the time and most of us were very encouraged following their rookie seasons.
I personally don't spend a lot of time criticizing things in hindsight. That's the easiest thing in the world to do and its a waste of time and energy.

than proceeds to trade him for peanuts

In other words it's somebody else's fault he didn't have a great season. He had a new coach this past year, had a different coach last year, and yet a different coach his rookie season but it's not his fault he doesn't make plays...its all those other coaches he's had.

SSmith always has excuses for anything that doesn't go his way. He is as bad as BMarshall for pointing a finger elsewhere instead of ever accepting personal responsibility for his words or actions...

Sean is referencing to Miami moving to ZONE schemes the 2nd half of the season because Carroll can't play man.

Sean plays at a very high level in man to man schemes only. He is average at best in zone schemes.

His work against Larry and A.J. (8 rec, 64 yards and 9 rec, 65 yards respectively) shows he can lock on to opposing teams #1 WRs in man coverage.

Sean is referencing to Miami moving to ZONE schemes the 2nd half of the season because Carroll can't play man.

Sean plays at a very high level in man to man schemes only. He is average at best in zone schemes.

His work against Larry and A.J. (8 rec, 64 yards and 9 rec, 65 yards respectively) shows he can lock on to opposing teams #1 WRs in man coverage.

he probably wasnt too happy they traded Davis

"It's too hard to find a replacement" is and never will be a valid reason for not trying to actively improve your roster. Take on the challenge and draft better

:hclap:

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I Ireland could tag and trade; Sean Smith, I'd forgive him.

How hard is it to replace a CB that can't tackle, can never locate the ball, drops ints, and gets burned all the time? Miami can find that in a couple undrafted FAs....at half the price of Sean Smith.

Back
Top Bottom