Sean Smith: needs to go | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith: needs to go

The same Sean Smith that got owned by Steve Johnson in the first Buffalo game is crying? He plays like 100 yds off his receiver. The ball is on the 20 and Sean Smith is standing in the endzone covering his guy. He is on the (Jake) Long list of guys to let go.

How could so many Dolphin fans be so wrong? The reality is that Sean Smith just completed his best season in the NFL and improved in all aspects of his game. He personally demolished Larry Fitzgerald, (one of the top 3 WRs in the game) in the game against AZ. Smith should be #1 on Ireland's list of Dolphins to resign.

no doubt in my mind we quit on vontae too early...he started the season bad but picked up his play big time in the 2nd half of the season...pretty much the exact opposite of sean smith in that regard...although smiths play began to fall off after the first quarter of the season...

found out andre johnson had his knee scoped like 10 days prior to the opener which tells me he wasn't 100 percent against smith...as for smith for a guy that played wr in college before making the switch to db he has very little ball awareness...even when he's in good position he can't locate the football...

there was some improvements in his game overall though but still very inconsistent...

Larry fitzgerald had a bad year..wasn't as hungry that why smith stopped him..

Since ireland didn't get fired i say they bring richard marshall for one more year and he gets a pay cut..and they draft a corner in the first 3 picks,,with improved pass rush they can be good..but smith must go ..soft and clumsy..he's gonna get worst the stiffer he gets..tall corners only play 4 years at best..

you know nothing about larry fitzgerald or the arizona cardinals. fitz not hungry? lol what games have you been watching in all seriousness. the cardinals have the WORST qb situation in the entire league. and on top of that, fitz is the ultimate pro and will always give 100% regardless of how good or bad the team is.

sean smith can not be GONE soon enough!!

but, ireland is back and smith was one of his top selections so unless some trade happens [i would fly to fla, pack his stuff and drive to wherever he wants if we could get a 7th rounder] he isnt going.

i dont even want them to pay him an nfl minimum contract!!!

I'm so sick of hearing that Smith had a good year because he did his job for 2 games. He was rated one of the worst corners in the league.

Overall quarterbacks had a 85.1 rating when throwing against him which was 51st in the NFL, and barely better than teammate Nolan Carroll. Only four defenders allowed more touchdowns against them than Smith who allowed six, and he was flagged this season as often as his entire career combined.

Youre telling me this is the guy who had an improved year? Give me a break.

With mckelvin, cox, Rodgers cromartie, porter, grimes, and McClain on the market, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

I guess the standards are so low for Smith that "stopping" him is considered letting up the game winning TD to Fitz in the corner of the endzone

ya'll need to get off sean smith, just cause he doesnt get a ton of ints doesnt mean he isnt an effective Good Cover CB. Its obvious coyle is not letting him be as aggressive as he would like to play and its holding smith back a bit.

I disagree, we are 7-9 because we cant put up enough points on offense due to having limited low talent in our WR core. Our defense played well enough to where this team could have went 10-6 and made the playoffs.

Look at all the cb's Coyle has worked with though. And look at what Smith has actually done for us.
His career is cluttered with epic drops.
We ****ed up by trading away our best cb in Vontae.
Sean Smith? He has never shown me a goddamn thing.
I was down to re-sign him, only cause we got absolutely nothing there at the moment.
But after hearing this ****, let some other team overpay for his ass.

Sean Smith has been living off the one handed catch he made in the preseason of his rookie season. We've been waiting for THAT corner to show up ever since.

Shut up Sean and play.

Amen, nothing would make more happier than to see Smith in another uniform next season. He is awful.

Sean Smith is an elite cover corner. Poor instincts, which make him terrible in zone. But he IS an elite cover corner and would be coveted in free agency.

I think we should franchise him and give him 1 more year to earn an extension. Just my 2 cents.

Sean Smith is an elite cover corner. Poor instincts, which make him terrible in zone. But he IS an elite cover corner and would be coveted in free agency.

I think we should franchise him and give him 1 more year to earn an extension. Just my 2 cents.

Elite? This regular season alone, which has been his best, and among all NFL defensive backs, Sean Smith ranks #24 in passes defensed, #62 in tackles, #90 in INTs - and these include both our Safties, Clemons and RJones... removing safeties from the stats moves him only a mediocre few spots up these lists... at least he is in the top 100... If he spent as much time practicing catching the ball or otherwise honing his craft as he did "talking a lil trash" or twittering, he could come up with some INTs. He had 2 chances to close out the Colts game against Luck and muffed them both. One would have been probably the easiest INT of his mediocre career.

He is a decent #2 CB at best IMO...

Honest question that I can't figure out for the life of me. What happened to the Sean Smith that had monster games against AJ Green, Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson? Serious, what happened the rest of the season. Is it a match up thing he's just better against guys about his size and has a terrible time against smaller quicker receivers? or is it all just him being inconsistent?

Early in those games he looked and seemed to play with alot of confidence! A new man was born right before our very eyes, very much like his highlights against C.Johnson on Hard Knocks. After awhile something happened and he started reverting to his old self! Lack of confidence teemed etc

Back
Top Bottom