Sean Smith... "the most coveted" free agent? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith... "the most coveted" free agent?

I can solve this whole thing with one word......Averil. If you get the kind of pressure with Averil on the other side of Wake, and our middle is allready solid as long as we keep Starks......I have seen a great DLine make too many average CB's look elite. The longer a CB has to stay with a WR, the more there is a chance to get burned. Unfortunately if a QB is allowed to sit in the pocket for 7-10 seconds, I dont care how good your secondary is.....your going to get burned more often. Just my thoughts...

if he's got that big of a market competing for him in free agency he's not coming back to miami...barring a tag or a really bad contract

I always said he is much more highly thought of in the NFL than he is in our fanbase. If Smith walks Miami will live to regret it.

I wouldnt be at all surpised if Smith joins the Patriots.

Lol. Sure, name the last FA DB the Pats 'paid?' No chance.

smiths tape the last half of the season was just so damn bad...i find it hard to believe he would be coveted by so many teams unless the interest is only at a bargain rate...like $6 mil per or something...if anyone gives him $24 mil guaranteed miami should run away from that contract

teams betting on upside...well i've got 4 years now of inconsistent tape to say the least

He is not an abject failure he just hasn't ascended to his potential and I don't think he will. If he came back for a reasonable price, I would be happy to have him. However, I remember a lot more times being pissed at him for missing a big play or for giving one up than I ever was thankful that he made a big play or prevented one.

That is him in a nutshell. Very well said.

I always said he is much more highly thought of in the NFL than he is in our fanbase. If Smith walks Miami will live to regret it.

I wouldnt be at all surpised if Smith joins the Patriots.

Oh...you mean like we regretted Vontae Davis leaving??? RFLMAO...

Dont be surprised if the Tag is used on him, instead of Starks or Long.

noway would i use the TAG on Smith , theres going to be quite a few FA CBs that we can get for prob half th price that the TAG would command , smith cant tackle , he cant catch (int) , and for what it would cost us to TAG him, hes nowhere near worthy of the TAG , i would rather grab charles woodson even if he only has a couple more years left ,until we can get something better at the poss, imo Smith is a very very avg CB , WE CAN USE THE Franchise tag money to sign a CB that can atleast tackle and int the ball and not have to give up that kind of money . Smith isnt worth that kinda of money , and noway would i give it to him , just to be givin.

I covet re-signing Sean Smith like I covet getting a bad rash. I don't know what Rappaport sees in him, or what makes anyone want to spend $8 million a season on him....he cannot tackle, he drops picks....sorry, I have seen enough.

I guarantee whoever pays Smith the $24m guaranteed he's looking for will be a bad team for many years to come, I just pray to God its not us.

We had an opportunity to extend Smith for $3-4 million this time last year which would have been reasonable, Ireland didn't think it was a good decision then so wtf should we pay him double that now?

Back
Top Bottom