Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency

Anytime anything remotely critical of Ireland shows up this apologist militia immediately rolls out. This does not even need to be a critical opinion piece. Just post the list of FA signings. It looks like ****. Even these safe one year stop gap signings have managed to turn out disastrously and we're not even out of the preseason yet. Even if you use the qualifier that they weren't looking to make a big investment in FA. Or the unusual defense that somehow Ireland shouldn't be blamed since he has no cap space... because Ireland's mishandling of it has left a crappy playmakerless roster no cap space.

Does Ireland have the ability to compile a complete competitive roster? He's shown no evidence of that. That's a pretty big ****ing problem, since that's his job.
I wish I could thank this entire statement more than once.

NE really hasn't drafted that well as of late. If you look at the amount of picks they typically have plus their success rate, you'd be surprised.

They just have an amazing QB to hide a lot of their inefficiencies. They also drafted pretty well prior to this. Miami, however, can't hit a 2-5 round pick for the life of them. When they do, they let them walk (Langford) because they keep guys like TONY MCDANIEL on the team.

I still don't understand how you don't cut him, save $4 mil, and go after Eric Winston immediately. They could have replaced Mcdaniel with Kheeston Randall, who they drafted anyway.

And if this season is like the last few, will we finally be able to add your voice to the chorus of naysayers? Will you finally realize that the job of Ireland and Aponte is to find us talent and work out salary caps so that we can fill holes in the roster. I for one am tired of all the grass will be greener with one more year under our belt people, just give it time, we have very little game changing talent but we have a new coaching regime and if we stay the course it will all be better. Football being back with this team, if we go by the previous few years means rooting for a mediocre squad while other woe begone teams seem to get better. I hope I am wrong and I could be because as you say the season hasn't even begun yet but I see no evidence, other than Tanny having a Marino like year, that this team will compete for the playoffs in the near future.

I just want these threads to stop lol. That's all, wait until the season plays itself out before we jump to conclusions either way. That's all I'm saying. I understand your point though.

Back
Top Bottom