Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency

Who's they? Ross has stated more than once Ireland is his GM so unless he has a change of heart they will be sticking with JI.

Get off the Ireland lovefest. He sucks as a GM. The talent level on this team is terrible and he is to blame for it. He trades Marshall for peanuts and has no backup plan at receiver. He trades down and drafts Ordick when he could have drafted Earl Thomas. He could have drafted Jimmy Graham but didn't. The guy has to go.

Get off the Ireland lovefest. He sucks as a GM. The talent level on this team is terrible and he is to blame for it. He trades Marshall for peanuts and has no backup plan at receiver. He trades down and drafts Ordick when he could have drafted Earl Thomas. He could have drafted Jimmy Graham but didn't. The guy has to go.
Get off the Ireland hatefest, I'm still waiting for a copy of the "lreland contract" that says he had more power than bill parcel's his first two seasons here. Only florio has seen it apparently. Finally, Marshall would've been brutal to pair with our rookie starting QB. But I guess your hatred of Ireland blinds you to that. In fact, I hope ireland is GM for life just to piss people like you off.

Get off the Ireland hatefest, I'm still waiting for a copy of the "lreland contract" that says he had more power than bill parcel's his first two seasons here. Only florio has seen it apparently. Finally, Marshall would've been brutal to pair with our rookie starting QB. But I guess your hatred of Ireland blinds you to that. In fact, I hope ireland is GM for life just to piss people like you off.

He was part of those drafts along with Parcells and has had final say in the last two drafts that don't look to impressive at the moment. Get off your blinders and deal with reality!

He was part of those drafts along with Parcells and has had final say in the last two drafts that don't look to impressive at the moment. Get off your blinders and deal with reality!
right so it's ireland's fault that bill parcels drafted who he did his first two seasons. I guess it's lincolns fault for getting shot too. lets throw some more blame around, it's irelands fault that John jerry is fat. it's irelands fault that Tony sparano lost the locker room in 2010. it's irelands fault that ross swung and missed on harbaugh. Um lets see might as well blame ireland for drew brees being in orleans instead of with us.

right so it's ireland's fault that bill parcels drafted who he did his first two seasons. I guess it's lincolns fault for getting shot too. lets throw some more blame around, it's irelands fault that John jerry is fat. it's irelands fault that Tony sparano lost the locker room in 2010. it's irelands fault that ross swung and missed on harbaugh. Um lets see might as well blame ireland for drew brees being in orleans instead of with us.

Nothing is Ireland's fault. He's clearly proven to be superior at his job of talent acquisition, of which we have in spades. Let's give him an extension.

No Ireland wasn't around for the Brees screwup. That was Saban and the team doctor's fault. Lets get the straight, its Jeff Ireland's responsibilty to bring in the talent for this team through free agency and the draft. Now how much talent do you see on this roster? Enuff said!

I cant say that I am a huge Ireland fan, but going out and overpaying for players in Free agency was not the way to turn this team around. Miami is bascially starting from scratch on offense and defense. He is drafted a qb who maybe able to lead our franchise...Now its time to get him weapons...I think he ends up being aggressive again this year like he was with Dansby, Burnett and Marshall.

It really wouldnt be so bad, if he was able to bounce back with a stellar draft. We all know you dont need FA splashes to win. But his recent drafts have not yielded many if any sure fire starters. If these players dont pan out this year then im all for showing the man the door. I want to see where Philbins evaluatioins will get us, I trust him immensely for some reason already.

What excuse? The Dolphins drafted and brought in players to suit the Parcells/Sparano style of football......ground and pound which is the reason Tony has a job today in NY. Now we have a new coach with a new philosophy and it's up to the front office to get those players in.

following this logic what did Ireland do in those four years to retain his job let alone collect a paycheck during that time?

My exact sentiments. Way too much hate for Ireland on here.

Really could of used Winston...couldn't they have cut some scrubs to make room for him? It's not like Miami has a shortage of scrubs or anything...

Why is it that teams like New England and Green Bay are called genius for never signing those big free agents and filling out the bottom of the roster with low-priced ones, yet when we do it, Ireland is said to have failed free agency before it's even began? I don't get it. Which do you guys want? First you guys whined like babies because our cap was screwed thanks to signing the big name free agents. Now we don't do it, and are going to have an excess of cap room next year, and now everyone is whining anyways? It's exhausting trying to keep up...

You all better get used to ireland, he is going nowhere! The owner trusts him, the coach trusts him. And besides, even if he gets fired, Bryant's mommy is still a whore!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I like the idea of not overspending and just building through drafts (the Packers way), but come on, if you can get someone as solid as Winston, and Winston wanted to come here, you should have closed the deal. And then we could have used Martin's pick on something else, like a wide receiver??

Either way what's done is done, and I hope Martin becomes an all pro in this league and anchors the right side for us. But that was a major **** up not closing in on Winston by being cheap.

I am not doing the research but if you look at the low level FA signings made by the Steelers, Pats, Giants and Packers, I think you'll find the numbers of failures to be about the same.

Back
Top Bottom