Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency

W
Even the Packers pull in guys like Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Donald Lee, Ryan Grant, Ryan Pickett and Erik Walden from other teams. I think what Robi is saying is that the only guy we've been able to pull in this off season that is worth anything is Richard Marshall.

And personally I would caution against the assumption that he was a successful signing...until after we see him in action. I thought he should have been signed to play safety and that making him our starting corner is a mistake.

Donald Lee and Erik Walden were Miami Dolphin cast offs. Which proves the point I keep making that it is the coach that makes more of the difference than the players.. Ireland will be judged more on how Philbin performs than how the team performs as Ireland should beca use Ireland chose Philbin. Of course if things do turn out bad this year that means we have the wrong coach and it will be at least 2 more years of loosing again and then we get to rebuild yet again. Well at least Ireland will have wisely left that 50 million to spend for the next GM. Of course if that happens I am sure some fans here just will still not give Ireland credit for that. Interesting currently how easily the fan ant hill gets stirred so easily every time something goes wrong for the phins and the Ireland boo birds come out!

I dont care if we are the biggest losers in free agency, as long as we are the biggest winners in the draft. If Ryan Tannehill turns out better than the rest of the Qbs drafted, we could be in for some good years to come.

Philbin wants to build this team through the draft the way they did in Green Bay.

The problem with that theory is you actually have to be able to draft well for that to work. Ireland has proven he can't draft for crap. The Packers have a good GM in Thompson that knows how to draft talent unlike Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Donald Lee and Erik Walden were Miami Dolphin cast offs. Which proves the point I keep making that it is the coach that makes more of the difference than the players.. Ireland will be judged more on how Philbin performs than how the team performs as Ireland should beca use Ireland chose Philbin. Of course if things do turn out bad this year that means we have the wrong coach and it will be at least 2 more years of loosing again and then we get to rebuild yet again. Well at least Ireland will have wisely left that 50 million to spend for the next GM. Of course if that happens I am sure some fans here just will still not give Ireland credit for that. Interesting currently how easily the fan ant hill gets stirred so easily every time something goes wrong for the phins and the Ireland boo birds come out!

Didn't Ireland want McCoy and it was Ross who wanted Philbin? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.

Didn't Ireland want McCoy and it was Ross who wanted Philbin? I thought I remember reading that somewhere.
Did not remember reading anything about McCoy and even if there is something out there regarding Ireland wanting someone else I will stick by my guns and say that Philbins success or failure will determine Irelands future. Parcells chose Sporano not Ireland and as the head GM now so Ireland is responsible for Philbin.

Did not remember reading anything about McCoy and even if there is something out there regarding Ireland wanting someone else I will stick by my guns and say that Philbins success or failure will determine Irelands future. Parcells chose Sporano not Ireland and as the head GM now so Ireland is responsible for Philbin.

Ireland needs to go regardless of Philbin. His draft picks prove that. He has had more than enough time to show what he can do and he isn't getting it done. He needed to go last year when Sporano got fired. Ross needed to completely clean house and he didn't.

edit you know what the whole premise of this thread is idiotic and short sighted.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/mia/miami-dolphins

I guess we should forget the fact that ireland has locked up several of our promising free agents.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

May 6, 2012
Signed LB Cameron Wake to a contract extension through the 2016 season.

[/QUOTE several ??

Any GM can sign a guy to a contract extension. You just have to show them the money. I am judging Ireland on the talent he brings in through free agency and the draft and he has failed bigtime in that category. The right side of the offensive line is a mess, the secondary stinks, no playmakers at wide receiver, and no real pass rushing threat outside of Wake.

ohhh, hey, is this the bash jeff ireland he is the worst GM in football thread. I was just in the "Joe philbin is a god and the best HC since shula" thread. #SMH #FINHEAVEN

ehhh...if tannehills legit in the end we'll all be big winners...pretty much all i really care about this year anyways...finding a legit nfl qb...not average not a stop gap but a legit qb for the next decade...and if tannys legit dollars to donuts ireland gets a pass for this year record wise...

Basically if Tannehill does well and we still lose a lot of games, Ireland is in trouble. This team really lacks play makers.

He didn't miss a chance, they just didn't want him, what good do you have to say? Oh nothing I guess.

Where did that come from? isn't this supposed to be a rebuilding team? He's in trouble to you because that's what you desire to talk about. No one knows how this team will perform doing the year not even you, you guys sound like babies without their bottles, you all have the right to say whatever but please let the team play at least 1 regular season game before you take out the shredder.

Where did that come from? isn't this supposed to be a rebuilding team? He's in trouble to you because that's what you desire to talk about. No one knows how this team will perform doing the year not even you, you guys sound like babies without their bottles, you all have the right to say whatever but please let the team play at least 1 regular season game before you take out the shredder.

I don't think this is supposed to be a rebuilding team. One of the reasons Ireland kept his job is because he convinced Ross the talent was in place on this team, and the coaching staff was the main issue. So in theory we fixed the problem so this team should at least be competing for a wild card spot this season. The whole paradox of the situation is people defend Ireland and say he wasn't in charge of drafting before 2011. So did Parcells draft the talent Ireland used as one of the crutches to save his job? He's not going anywhere this season so it's all moot, but i'm still wary that this team has had losing seasons for 3 straight years. If we have a 4th straight losing season, i expect the purge of anything Parcells in the regime from the organization.

Back
Top Bottom