Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Season has yet to begin & already Ireland is looking like big loser in Free Agency

Braylon Edwards is so good he signed a one year deal with the Sea Chicken.

Jake Scott being hurt is speculation, not a confirmed fact. Others theorize that he's just pricing himself out of the market.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Bad assumption, IMO.

I get that, I mostly blame him being ahead of Davis as Davis' fault.

Just promote Brian Gaine from within and get rid of Ireland after our upcoming disastrous 2012 season.

Even the Packers pull in guys like Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Donald Lee, Ryan Grant, Ryan Pickett and Erik Walden from other teams. I think what Robi is saying is that the only guy we've been able to pull in this off season that is worth anything is Richard Marshall.

And personally I would caution against the assumption that he was a successful signing...until after we see him in action. I thought he should have been signed to play safety and that making him our starting corner is a mistake.
I'd have to go back over the list of free agent possibles before i'd really say yeah we missed on so and so. I give jeff credit for dumping ronnie brown and ricky williams when he did, instead of offering them more money. (yeah so last year but still...)

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

you clearly did not see him play the other night, look better than anything we currently have on the roster.
And there are qbs out there who have looked better than aaron rogers. I guess preseason is where the men are seperated from the boys. esp preseason games 1 and 2.

Didn't Burnett look terrible last preseason? He turned out to be pretty damn decent after a crappy preseason showing.

Here is another one for you guys instead of signing a veteran proven G in Jake Scott or a playmaking WR in Braylon Edwards. Ireland decided to go with an injury plagued Eric Steinbach who has yet to do anything but miss practices & prove he can't challenge at the RG spot. As for Hicks starting the Fins are back to step one with Jerry now seeing time with the 1s, Hicks not only did not practice today, but he was absent from practice, no sign of the guy.

And guys Im not asking the guy to go out and spend Millions ala the Redskins on the Dolphins just make the wise decision that will help this team. We've seen this in the past with the Cowboys cast offs, this way of thinking is exactly what got us Colombo last year & look how that ended up.

This.

We had a chance to sign one of two low risk signings that could potentially help our team. One was a receiver and the other was a lineman coming off injuries. Naturally, we went with the lineman. And now the lineman is injured and hasnt been able to practice fully.

Ireland had all the evidence in front of him. Edwards and Steinbach practiced together. Despite the evidence right in front of him, he made the wrong call. This situation is hardly unique for us the past few years. Id find the argument of "it was a low level signing, not that big of a deal" a hell of alot more convincing had Ireland not screwed up big signings. Id find the argument of "we didnt have any cap!" alot more convincing had Ireland not screwed up the cap in the first place.
Good teams use every single chance to improve their team. Miami doesnt then plays it off like its no biggie. And fans eat it up....until we have another losing season and its time for mental gymnastics about how its not our front offices fault.

We have a serious lack of quality depth on this roster right now and that is all on Jeff Ireland. The Carolina game proved that our backup LBers are garbage. We have zero pass rush without Wake. The guy even said we have a team full of 3s, 4s, and 5s at the WR position. He's the one that assembled that unit.

I'm not an Ireland fan and at this point I'm never going to be. The guy should have been fired last season with Sparano. The guy is marginal when it comes to the draft, good at finding undrafted players (and as CK pointed out, that's not really all that great of a thing to be good at), and horrible at finding quality free agents.

I am not going to bag on Jeffy for what he did or didn't do, but I will say after watching very limited portions of their workouts on Hard Knocks signing Stienbach made me :ponder:

Not even a single game in the regular season played and "Jeff Ireland is a failure.....unbelievable. I think we've added good depth......we'll need that for late in the season. If we stay relatively healthy and can force a few more turnovers than last year, we may actually surprise many people. This thread is ridiculous.

Have u seen the cap situation? No way we could afford Winston or Edwards .. Best to find acorns now and bolster the roster for when we are relevant again, which is hopefully in 2 years.

If they couldn't afford Edwards, why bring him in?

The free agent pool this year was atrocious...? Im effing glad we didnt spend in this years market.

Listen I've been a huge Ireland supporter in the past, but this year the guy has done a horrible job in free agency.

It was Philbin who said he wanted to build thru the draft.......hence low key free agency.

Here is another one for you guys instead of signing a veteran proven G in Jake Scott or a playmaking WR in Braylon Edwards. Ireland decided to go with an injury plagued Eric Steinbach who has yet to do anything but miss practices & prove he can't challenge at the RG spot. As for Hicks starting the Fins are back to step one with Jerry now seeing time with the 1s, Hicks not only did not practice today, but he was absent from practice, no sign of the guy.

And guys Im not asking the guy to go out and spend Millions ala the Redskins on the Dolphins just make the wise decision that will help this team. We've seen this in the past with the Cowboys cast offs, this way of thinking is exactly what got us Colombo last year & look how that ended up.

Colombo was Sparano's guy, he liked him in Dallas and wanted him in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom