senior bowl week and game thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

Now Jimmy Young, there's another guy I really like and I've talked about a lot. Has the body of a Donald Driver, and he plays the perimeter well, gets open deep and can make the over the shoulder catch. Part of the reason I haven't liked Dalton is knowing he's got a guy like Jimmy Young that ends up not being used hardly at all because Dalton is so short-armed that he always favors the slot WR Jeremy Kerley, because with Kerley he's only got to throw the ball about 15 to 20 yards thru the air as the crow flies, but to hit Jimmy Young with real genuine perimeter passes, that ball has to fly at least 25 yards thru the air.

As for Genus, like I said...take a look at him at Center and see what you think, but keep it somewhere in the back of your mind that he played DT and he moved to Center due to an abundance of DL depth, and a lack of OL recruits...and tell me what you think about moving the guy to NT.

And I'd love for you to take a look at Mistral Raymond and Jacquian Williams and tell me what you think. Raymond was honestly one of the most impressive safeties I saw this year.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Thanks. More of an art than a science, though.
well CK...art,science,hobby,extra-curicular activity,resume padding for a future job as a scout in the NFL,or whatever you wanna call it...i've learned alot from you guys,and have learned things to watch for when checking out players,and i thoroughly enjoy it...

i'd be interested in hearing how mark herzlick carried that 250 lbs at the weigh in...cause he looked fleshy to me and very sluggish...not the same specimen i saw a few years ago...

pretty sad stuff that kids dealt with

Dowling couldn't participate due to injury hoops... he's not in Mobile.

sounds like dj williams was killing cats in pass catching drills...didn't matter who he was matched up against...did ras i dowling drop out??? don't see any mention of him

also christian ballards lower half looks pretty thin to me...very skinny lower legs and calves

i like jimmy young more than his teammate kerley who doesn't do much for me

Dowling is hurt. According to his agent, whom I spoke with in Orlando last week, he's coming along pretty good...but still hurt.

Incidentally if you do look at Jacquian Williams of the Bulls keep in mind I don't have much more in mind for him than potentially a special teams guy and part time coverage linebacker.

i'd be interested in hearing how mark herzlick carried that 250 lbs at the weigh in...cause he looked fleshy to me and very sluggish...not the same specimen i saw a few years ago...

pretty sad stuff that kids dealt with

yeah Herzlich looked pretty slow today.

Believe it's the same hamstring he's had all season...

that kids stayed hurt the last 2 years...and before that when he was playing at an unbelievable level i guess before his head got big he had multiple concussions...i just really wanted to see if he could replicate what chris cook did in press last year at the senior bowl...

Man, I don't mean any offense, but it continually amazes me how incredibly opposite your opinion is of mine, on so many different subjects.

I was talking about the Fresno game last year. You would agree they looked terrible in that game? Now to this season, this year in pass pro they did not do too well and I watched a ton of Wiscy games. When I say this, I mean they were not good at creating a pocket. This is not to say they are not excellent Olinemen.
IMO, run blocking, which is their strength, is far more important in NFL than pass pro. For example, Steelers Oline does not necessarily create a pocket, but they create lanes and that's good enough. Carimi and Moffitt could do the same in NFL, but I don't see them holding their ground for clean pocket.

lol...mike mayock early in the coverage today of the senior bowl when discussing the length of the tackles on the north squad and the knee bend rolled out a "unlike the 6 ft 10 kid from canada who couldn't bend his knees if his life depended on it"

ha ha...laughed pretty hard over that one...echoed my sentiments of the shrine game look i took

JCane arrives in Mobile, Alabama Friday evening. Looking forward to it. Senior Bowl trips are a pretty good time.

DeMarcus Van Dyke
Colin McCarthy
Leonard Hankerson

'Canes.

No kidding the kid can catch... Looks like the SmurfTurf faithfull whiffed a little on the 6', 190 pounds frame though.

I think he's a slot/speed receiver in the NFL with the added dimension of return ability... different from a slot/possession receiver like Davone Bess, for example.

As I said earlier in this thread, Titus Young is a luxury pick for the Dolphins, but if he's available when the time is right, I'd take a chance. He provides some return skills and would be the vertical speed receiver the Dolphins are missing.

No kidding the kid can catch... Looks like the SmurfTurf faithfull whiffed a little on the 6', 190 pounds frame though.

I think he's a slot/speed receiver in the NFL with the added dimension of return ability... different from a slot/possession receiver like Davone Bess, for example.

Huh I like the look so far of this kid Titus Young. I add him to my watch list. I differ from you guys on Noel Devine, i think he can be a great utility weapon out of the back field how new orleans uses Reggie Bush. I think this is a good year for recievers a lot of potential depth at the position. I want big play ability out of my offensive drafted players.

Back
Top Bottom