senior bowl week and game thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

I'm a big fan of Vincent Brown... He's in a group of about 10 receivers in this class who I think has #2 wide receiver potential in the NFL.

CK you're a USF guy, what's your read on Dontavia Bogan as a receiver prospect?

Is Bogan in Mobile?!?

Dontavia is and has been a better WR to me than Carlton Mitchell was. He doesn't have Mitchell's size but he can get open deep and make big plays, and has more natural receiver running skills and catching skills. The problem with USF players is they're all so effing dumb, for the most part (some exceptions, like Stephen Nicholas). Inconsistency for a USF player is just flatly assumed. For Bogan, that means inconsistent hands, routes that are not uniform. I think he has the skills to make a roster as a #4 or #5, if he can make the special teams squad, but he's going to have to get so much more consistent to be a starter. There's nothing about him physically or from a skill set perspective that makes me say "not a chance in hell" for ending up starting and catching passes...and I'm pretty free with that designation (the "not a chance in hell" one).

something about nate solder that i'm not liking all that much...can't put my finger on it but i like costanza and carimi more...

Castonzo and Sherrod are my favorites but Carimi is sticking his nose right in there with them because he played with so much better balance this year as opposed to last year, and he really stood up well to some quality rushers. Solder, I just haven't seen what everyone else sees in him I guess.

Castonzo and Sherrod are my favorites but Carimi is sticking his nose right in there with them because he played with so much better balance this year as opposed to last year, and he really stood up well to some quality rushers. Solder, I just haven't seen what everyone else sees in him I guess.

i think carimis more a right tackle in the pros but i like him...probably be a little nervous about him on the left side...will be interesting to see how von miller fares against these 3 off the edge in the game...i know that

Kevin Kowalski I did some preseason work on, never checked back in with him in 2010 though. My read on him was that he was good moving forward and back, good initial pop off the ball and good setting up in pass pro and he could show good hands on those blocks. I wasn't impressed with his leg drive or ability to sustain after initial contact. He was a tragedy in space. I didn't like his back or pad level (too high) on the move, his hands were always at his waist, he kept gathering himself to try and lay hits at the next level which slowed him down so much he was never effective whatsoever, didn't have the foot quickness to sustain, ineffective cut blocker because he lacks body control.

It wouldn't surprise me if in 2010 he looked a lot better than 2009, though. I just didn't catch up with him.

Is Bogan in Mobile?!?

Dontavia is and has been a better WR to me than Carlton Mitchell was. He doesn't have Mitchell's size but he can get open deep and make big plays, and has more natural receiver running skills and catching skills. The problem with USF players is they're all so effing dumb, for the most part (some exceptions, like Stephen Nicholas). Inconsistency for a USF player is just flatly assumed. For Bogan, that means inconsistent hands, routes that are not uniform. I think he has the skills to make a roster as a #4 or #5, if he can make the special teams squad, but he's going to have to get so much more consistent to be a starter. There's nothing about him physically or from a skill set perspective that makes me say "not a chance in hell" for ending up starting and catching passes...and I'm pretty free with that designation (the "not a chance in hell" one).

Not in Mobile, just curious what you thought about him and I remember you making the comment about being a USF season ticket holder.

Bogan and Sampson Genus are two guys that I was about to do some film work on... what's your take on Genus as a center prospect?

i think carimis more a right tackle in the pros but i like him...probably be a little nervous about him on the left side...will be interesting to see how von miller fares against these 3 off the edge in the game...i know that

I once would have agreed but the Carimi I saw on several occasions this year could probably play on the left side. He's come a long way since Chris Carter roasted him in the Bowl game to end the 2009 season.

I once would have agreed but the Carimi I saw on several occasions this year could probably play on the left side. He's come a long way since Chris Carter roasted him in the Bowl game to end the 2009 season.

The whole Wiscy line looked terrible. I am very suspicious of Carimi and Moffit in pass pro.

Not in Mobile, just curious what you thought about him and I remember you making the comment about being a USF season ticket holder.

Bogan and Sampson Genus are two guys that I was about to do some film work on... what's your take on Genus as a center prospect?

I know Simon likes Genus but personally I do not. It's just difficult for me to imagine a player THAT square, and THAT slow...making it at the next level. Has the widest butt I've ever seen in football. Don't mistake me, he's very powerful and he uses his hands well, and I can see why Simon comes away looking at those things and liking him...but I think his mobility is bad to the point of career killing. BUT, Genus started out his career on the defensive side of the ball as a nose...and it truly would NOT surprise me at all if he moved back there in the pros, and was an out-of-nowhere guy like San Diego's Ogemdi Nwagbuo at that position. Just a though, when you evaluate him keep that in mind, and tell me what you think.

There are two guys that it seems to me like most people grade well enough to take a look at, they are Sampson Genus and Terrell McClain. Or maybe just McClain, I guess Genus isn't all that popular. But, other than Genus potentially moving back to the defensive side of the ball at Nose Tackle, the three guys I would highlight as a guy that goes to every single USF home game and has been for 5+ years...would be WR Dontavia Bogan (#81), LB Jacquian Williams (#57), and DS Mistral Raymond (#16).

Mistral Raymond would probably have the highest grade for me out of all the guys, I just don't know how fast he's going to time. Here's what I do know about him though...that mother ****er HITS people, he's the leader of the defense, he plays SMART (which for all his reputation, Nate Allen did not play smart), and he's versatile. He played safety for a while, then as needed he moved to corner back and covered people like like Jon Baldwin.

I would LOVE to know what you think of Mistral Raymond, because I've seen precisely nobody talking about him, and I'm just left wondering why. He can't be that slow if he's covering Jon Baldwin one on one deep down the field (which he has).

The whole Wiscy line looked terrible. I am very suspicious of Carimi and Moffit in pass pro.

Man, I don't mean any offense, but it continually amazes me how incredibly opposite your opinion is of mine, on so many different subjects.

wisconsin has a sophomore center that when i was keying carimi and moffitt i couldn't take my eyes off of in the rose bowl game...peter konz 6 ft 5 313

look out for this kid next year

I know Simon likes Genus but personally I do not. It's just difficult for me to imagine a player THAT square, and THAT slow...making it at the next level. Has the widest butt I've ever seen in football. Don't mistake me, he's very powerful and he uses his hands well, and I can see why Simon comes away looking at those things and liking him...but I think his mobility is bad to the point of career killing. BUT, Genus started out his career on the defensive side of the ball as a nose...and it truly would NOT surprise me at all if he moved back there in the pros, and was an out-of-nowhere guy like San Diego's Ogemdi Nwagbuo at that position. Just a though, when you evaluate him keep that in mind, and tell me what you think.

There are two guys that it seems to me like most people grade well enough to take a look at, they are Sampson Genus and Terrell McClain. Or maybe just McClain, I guess Genus isn't all that popular. But, other than Genus potentially moving back to the defensive side of the ball at Nose Tackle, the three guys I would highlight as a guy that goes to every single USF home game and has been for 5+ years...would be WR Dontavia Bogan (#81), LB Jacquian Williams (#57), and DS Mistral Raymond (#16).

Mistral Raymond would probably have the highest grade for me out of all the guys, I just don't know how fast he's going to time. Here's what I do know about him though...that mother ****er HITS people, he's the leader of the defense, he plays SMART (which for all his reputation, Nate Allen did not play smart), and he's versatile. He played safety for a while, then as needed he moved to corner back and covered people like like Jon Baldwin.

I would LOVE to know what you think of Mistral Raymond, because I've seen precisely nobody talking about him, and I'm just left wondering why. He can't be that slow if he's covering Jon Baldwin one on one deep down the field (which he has).

Genus and Dontavia Bogan both participated in a new All-Star Game this year that took place in Tempe, Arizona yesterday... along with guys like Jimmy Young, Jeff Anderson, Jeremiah Masoli, Anthony Gaiter, etc... with coaches Hal Mumme and Mike Leach taking part.

The weird thing is that there were no stat keepers present to keep track of any statistics accumulated in the game. The only thing they have is the final score of the game... weird stuff.

However, Hal Mumme was extremely impressed with Genus and made him one of his team captains.... and Bogan was a little inconsistent according to Mumme.

I was trying to find out how Jeff Anderson and Anthony Gaiter performed (2 kids who I've always liked and done a lot of work on) in this game, in addition to Jimmy Young, yet there's nothing... absolutely nothing on any of these guys.

Mannnn,you guys have this stuff down to a science..TedSlimm,CK,hoops,and some of you others...i consider myself a pretty smart guy on football,and i know what&who i like,but you guys just got it going on on this...i learn so much from alot of you...

Genus and Dontavia Bogan both participated in a new All-Star Game this year that took place in Tempe, Arizona yesterday... along with guys like Jimmy Young, Jeff Anderson, Jeremiah Masoli, Anthony Gaiter, etc... with coaches Hal Mumme and Mike Leach taking part.

The weird thing is that there were no stat keepers present to keep track of any statistics accumulated in the game. The only thing they have is the final score of the game... weird stuff.

However, Hal Mumme was extremely impressed with Genus and made him one of his team captains.... and Bogan was a little inconsistent according to Mumme.

I was trying to find out how Jeff Anderson and Anthony Gaiter performed (2 kids who I've always liked and done a lot of work on) in this game, in addition to Jimmy Young, yet there's nothing... absolutely nothing on any of these guys.

Now Jimmy Young, there's another guy I really like and I've talked about a lot. Has the body of a Donald Driver, and he plays the perimeter well, gets open deep and can make the over the shoulder catch. Part of the reason I haven't liked Dalton is knowing he's got a guy like Jimmy Young that ends up not being used hardly at all because Dalton is so short-armed that he always favors the slot WR Jeremy Kerley, because with Kerley he's only got to throw the ball about 15 to 20 yards thru the air as the crow flies, but to hit Jimmy Young with real genuine perimeter passes, that ball has to fly at least 25 yards thru the air.

As for Genus, like I said...take a look at him at Center and see what you think, but keep it somewhere in the back of your mind that he played DT and he moved to Center due to an abundance of DL depth, and a lack of OL recruits...and tell me what you think about moving the guy to NT.

And I'd love for you to take a look at Mistral Raymond and Jacquian Williams and tell me what you think. Raymond was honestly one of the most impressive safeties I saw this year.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Mannnn,you guys have this stuff down to a science..TedSlimm,CK,hoops,and some of you others...i consider myself a pretty smart guy on football,and i know what&who i like,but you guys just got it going on on this...i learn so much from alot of you...

Thanks. More of an art than a science, though.

sounds like dj williams was killing cats in pass catching drills...didn't matter who he was matched up against...did ras i dowling drop out??? don't see any mention of him

also christian ballards lower half looks pretty thin to me...very skinny lower legs and calves

i like jimmy young more than his teammate kerley who doesn't do much for me

Back
Top Bottom