senior bowl week and game thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

I'm not a fan of Bess. No big play ability. I'd like better at that spot.

O'Dowd is a shoe in. Guy's been guarding USC qbs for decades it seems.

O'Dowd is a little overhyped in my opinion... I don't think he's going to be a fit for every team. Plays high and struggles to get leverage, especially against quicker, barrell-chested nose tackle prospects like Sione Fua, who absolutely destroyed him earlier in the season on October 9th.

O'Dowd looks like the 3rd best offensive lineman on USC's starting 5 behind Matt Kalil and Tyron Smith to me.

Plays high and struggles to get leverage, especially against quicker, barrell-chested nose tackle prospects like Sione Fua,

Good point, and I wanted to post a question about this. What's a good height these day for a C, G. I would think 6-3 max for leverage reasons.

Good point, and I wanted to post a question about this. What's a good height these day for a C, G. I would think 6-3 max for leverage reasons.

I'm not sure how much height actually comes into play. Maurkice Pouncey does quite well and he's in the 6'4"--6'5" range...

It has more to do with technique, arm length, and playing with an exceptional base underneath you. If your stance gets narrow because you're trying to recover due to short arms, or a mistake you made in technique right off the snap... you're going to get pushed around no matter how tall you are.

I've always thought Rodney Hudson projected as well on the pivot as any center prospect in this draft, even though he's been playing left guard.... mainly due to the fact that I think he's the best technician along the interior offensive line out of all these prospects, and his intelligence and understanding of angles is as good as I've seen recently.

CK would probably tell you how poor offensive line play has become at the collegiate level nowdays.... it's not often you run across a kid like Hudson anymore.

isn't hudson undersized though at like 280 lbs...sounds like a ryan kalil type to me at center

ahhh...just saw he weighed 291 this morning...still a bit undersized

i wonder how many of these kids drank a gallon of water before they weighed in this morning...i'm convinced earl thomas did before he weighed in at the combine

isn't hudson undersized though at like 280 lbs...sounds like a ryan kalil type to me at center

Hudson weighed in at 291 pounds today, and his arms are 1/4" longer than O'Dowd's (who's 2 inches taller)...

But yes, Hudson could be slightly undersized for the guard position in the NFL, which is why I think he'd make a great center. Size isn't an issue at center like it is at guard, it's more about technique, intelligence, and making line calls, etc.

The Dallas Cowboys won 3 superbowls with Mark Stepnoski at center, who was 250 pounds. Dwight Stephenson was 255 pounds.

Size is more of an issue at guard than center... However, I don't doubt that Hudson could play guard in the NFL either... he's just that good technique wise from his toes to his ears.

i'd like a center thats at least 300 lbs if i had the choice and at least 6 ft 2...especially if he's gonna deal with the massive noses we see

I'll take a 290 pound center who's the better technician over another 10 pounds and sloppy technique. That 300 pounder isn't going to move Vince Wilfork or Haloti Ngata anyway.

Ryan Bartholomew is another center I like who I've always thought was underrated... Ryan Pugh is another one.

Stefen Wisniewski had a lot of trouble matching up with the power and size of Alabama's defensive front.. which is what he's going to see in the NFL. Not a 1st rounder in my opinion..

i understand the point about a technician...i think kalil and hudson are those kind of guys...

i thought pouncey did pretty good work against darius in the bama game...but i don't think he's as talented as his brother who's in the nfl...and likely facing a long term recovery from a broken lower leg or ankle right now

i understand the point about a technician...i think kalil and hudson are those kind of guys...

i thought pouncey did pretty good work against darius in the bama game...but i don't think he's as talented as his brother who's in the nfl...and likely facing a long term recovery from a broken lower leg or ankle right now

I've never given Mike Pouncey serious consideration as a center prospect... he's a guard through and through... and a pretty damn good one in my opinion.

Mike is a wrist snapper, which is why he always has so many errant snaps.. he's not an arm snapper.

Nobody on Florida's offensive line could get movement on Marcell Dareus when they needed it, especially in goal line situations.

I think Mike is going to be best as a pulling guard in the NFL... he never really got the movement on the guy in front of him at center for the mesh point to function properly in the veer the way Maurkice did.

watching the one on one reps right now...titus young looks GOOD pettis better than i expected also...jake lockers accuracy scattershot even in these one on one drills

vincent brown intriguing...

kendall hunter explosive in lb/s rb drills...herzlich beaten like a drum on a vertical...looked slow

titus youngs got some attitude...if the balls not catchable he looks like he's some kind of annoyed...lol

2 beautiful throws from locker in 11 on 11 drills one deep in to vincent brown that was a thing of beauty...looks more comfortable on the move to me but a hell of a throw right there...

whats peoples take on vincent brown??? nice size hands combo

Back
Top Bottom