senior bowl week and game thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

kiper has leshoure to the pats at the end of round 1...

not a fan of demarco murray at all...dj williams i had a 3rd round grade on til he measured in at 6 ft 1...my grades probably a 4th now got to drop him some...i had no interest in noel devine before he came in at 160...

Titus Young is in the Ted Ginn/Desean Jackson mold frame wise... but he plays the game more like Desean Jackson. Titus Young is an excellent route runner and much more of a polished receiver than Ginnger was coming out of college.

His ability to be a threat on special teams as a returner only increases his stock. I have him in the 3rd round area.

D.J. Williams could be 5'10" and I'd still take him over 85% of the TE prospects that are 6'4"+.. this kid is a terrific athlete, with fine hands and run-after-the-catch ability. His impeccable character and intelligence is going to impress a lot of talent evaluators... might be the single best interview at the Senior Bowl this week. He's always been more of an H-back and will probably have to play off-set from the line of scrimmage... the more film you watch of D.J. Williams, the more you realize this kid just "gets it".

I've never been interested in Noel Devine...

Titus Young is in the Ted Ginn/Desean Jackson mold frame wise... but he plays the game more like Desean Jackson. Titus Young is an excellent route runner and much more of a polished receiver than Ginnger was coming out of college.

His ability to be a threat on special teams as a returner only increases his stock. I have him in the 3rd round area.

D.J. Williams could be 5'10" and I'd still take him over 85% of the TE prospects that are 6'4"+.. this kid is a terrific athlete, with fine hands and run-after-the-catch ability. His impeccable character and intelligence is going to impress a lot of talent evaluators... might be the single best interview at the Senior Bowl this week. He's always been more of an H-back and will probably have to play off-set from the line of scrimmage... the more film you watch of D.J. Williams, the more you realize this kid just "gets it".

Man -- you're making me sound like I know what I'm talking about here. :)

i figured slimm would say he didn't care how tall dj williams was...lol

i think titus young is more in the poor mans jeremy maclin mode than desean jackson but whatever

looks like my eyes were pretty right on casey matthews 6 ft and 232 lbs...undersized for a 3-4

i figured slimm would say he didn't care how tall dj williams was...lol

i think titus young is more in the poor mans jeremy maclin mode than desean jackson but whatever

Jeremy Maclin was significantly bigger than Titus Young and played a little more physical. Maclin was 6' tall and a solid 200 pounds.

Young is built almost identical to prospects like Jackson and Ginn in the 5'11"- 175 pound frame.

At a legit 5'11, I can see a 3rd for Young - given his return abilities.

I still think Williams falls to the late 3rd - at best.

Do you think Devine is undraftable? I think he has a place in the NFL.

At a legit 5'11, I can see a 3rd for Young - given his return abilities.

I still think Williams falls to the late 3rd - at best.

Do you think Devine is undraftable? I think he has a place in the NFL.

There's probably a team out there that will draft Devine in the later rounds or so, but I wouldn't draft him.

Devine is dead last on my board of undersized "scat backs" eligible in this draft.... I have Kendall Hunter, Jordan Todman, Derrick Locke, Nic Grigsby, Dion Lewis, and Quizz Rodgers all ahead of him on my board... but it's been that way long before today.

Noel Devine can't run between the tackles, and he has no shot at picking up blitzes. If he has a spot in the NFL, I don't really see what it is.

Titus Young has stellar hands. He can catch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg

I do like Titus Young and he didn't measure out any different from how I expected him. Might have some character issues though, so I hear.

Looks like Delone Carter continues to win big except now he doesn't even have to show up and do anything in order to do so. He measured about 5'9.5" with a brickhouse build of 225 lbs (as I expected, one of the reasons I liked him in my previews).

Demarco Murray probably overall helped himself but I still don't see him being more than a part-timer at the next level...and not the difference-making kind.

O'Dowd is a shoe in. Guy's been guarding USC qbs for decades it seems.

Titus Young has stellar hands. He can catch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg

No kidding the kid can catch... Looks like the SmurfTurf faithfull whiffed a little on the 6', 190 pounds frame though.

I think he's a slot/speed receiver in the NFL with the added dimension of return ability... different from a slot/possession receiver like Davone Bess, for example.

Back
Top Bottom