senior bowl week and game thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

a black better display some really good hips and feet if he's gonna look better than nate allen did in coverage drills last year...kendall hunter struggles on tape in pass pro...jake locker was hot garbage on tape this year...von miller explosive as all get out...needs polish not every down ready yet...

Forgot all about N. Allen. Have to retract that Black statement. I think Miller is an every down player. He can definitely work on a few things, but he can really move in space, and he can get after the QB like a mad man. A good DC finds a place for him as an every down guy. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of a much better C. Matthews Jr (as a prospect).

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Of course, Matthews wasn't seen as a guy who would be the pass rusher he is today - but speaking of their overall athletic skills and being lighter than ideal for a 3-4 WOLB.

The QB's seem interesting this year . . .Andy Dalton and Chrisian Ponder will be 2 guys I want to check out during the week, in addition to Locker and Stanzi.

I wonder if Hankerson can actually move up from a solid performance this week, but I think the combine is where he will gain or lose more than anything. He needs to run well.

he needs to get off press this week...and run well i agree...i'm a fan

Forgot all about N. Allen. Have to retract that Black statement. I think Miller is an every down player. He can definitely work on a few things, but he can really move in space, and he can get after the QB like a mad man. A good DC finds a place for him as an every down guy. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of a much better C. Matthews Jr (as a prospect).

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Of course, Matthews wasn't seen as a guy who would be the pass rusher he is today - but speaking of their overall athletic skills and being lighter than ideal for a 3-4 WOLB.

i think millers more explosive than matthews was coming out not as instinctual or aware...and needs a lot of work on maintaining contain like most explosive edge rushers...forgo run responsibilities to get up field...definitely a top 20 guy talent to me...looks like an ideal 3-4 wolb to me

i'm not knocking miller with this though...clay matthews is just a freakin rediculous football player

i think millers more explosive than matthews was coming out not as instinctual or aware...and needs a lot of work on maintaining contain like most explosive edge rushers...forgo run responsibilities to get up field...definitely a top 20 guy talent to me...looks like an ideal 3-4 wolb to me

i'm not knocking miller with this though...clay matthews is just a freakin rediculous football player

Matthews is a beast. Would trade Vontae for him easy. But, speaking purely as a prospect, I think Miller is a good deal better than Matthews was.

Matthews is a beast. Would trade Vontae for him easy. But, speaking purely as a prospect, I think Miller is a good deal better than Matthews was.

as a pure pass rusher coming out i'll go along with that...but matthews lit the combine on fire with his work in lb drills...smoothest i've ever seen...miller has the kind of hips and has played so much standing up that i think he's gonna look really good also in lb drills...

as a pure pass rusher coming out i'll go along with that...but matthews lit the combine on fire with his work in lb drills...smoothest i've ever seen...miller has the kind of hips and has played so much standing up that i think he's gonna look really good also in lb drills...

I expect the same. I'm at this point: if we don't draft a QB - which I think would be stupid - in the 1st, what gives us the best chance at success? I don't think it's O-line; I don't think it's RB (though, I wouldn't HATE the Ingram pick); I don't think it's WR (considering the talent after Green and Jones). I think our best chance at success would be adding dynamic pieces to the D. Miller - if available - would do it for me. Don't get me wrong. If we don't draft a QB, I'm saying, 'Great, we're ****ed.' But, a part of me is at least saying, 'Well, Miller and Wake off the edge should be hell for opposing QB's.' Our offense isn't going anywhere without a franchise QB. We can at least build a dominate D until our FO gets its head out of its *** and drafts a franchise QB.

I expect the same. I'm at this point: if we don't draft a QB - which I think would be stupid - in the 1st, what gives us the best chance at success? I don't think it's O-line; I don't think it's RB (though, I wouldn't HATE the Ingram pick); I don't think it's WR (considering the talent after Green and Jones). I think our best chance at success would be adding dynamic pieces to the D. Miller - if available - would do it for me. Don't get me wrong. If we don't draft a QB, I'm saying, 'Great, we're ****ed.' But, a part of me is at least saying, 'Well, Miller and Wake off the edge should be hell for opposing QB's.' Our offense isn't going anywhere without a franchise QB. We can at least build a dominate D until our FO gets its head out of its *** and drafts a franchise QB.

i hear that...god knows i'm not in love with misi as an edge rusher...i think a te like kyle rudolph would help us a lot and before its all said and done he will warrant top 20 pick...but ingram for me stays in play...miller would be on my list as well for the reasons you noted

The QB that will outshine the rest of his peers will be #14 Andy Dalton. I'm curious to see how well he plays in the senior bowl, as I'm predicting a solid outing. If he plays as well as I hope, the Dolphins will certainly be interested.

Beyond some of the obvious players, I'm really interested in Titus Young. Although he's a little small (will need to put on a bit of weight), he could definitely turn into a poor man's Desean Jackson. I'm most interested in his Senior Bowl play and his official 40-time at the Combine. I think he could become that deep threat receiver with great speed and good hands.

Beyond some of the obvious players, I'm really interested in Titus Young. Although he's a little small (will need to put on a bit of weight), he could definitely turn into a poor man's Desean Jackson. I'm most interested in his Senior Bowl play and his official 40-time at the Combine. I think he could become that deep threat receiver with great speed and good hands.

Young would be a welcome addition in the later rounds.

Young would be a welcome addition in the later rounds.

I agree. Some have him going up to the second round, which I wouldn't reach there. But if he's available in the third, I think the Dolphins are going to have a dilemma. The first round is important, but I really think the 3rd and 4th rounds are the most important for the Dolphins this year. It's going to be where they get a chance to fill some glaring holes without reaching. I admit that Titus Young is a luxury pick compared to other needs (RB, pass-catching TE, etc), but I don't think it's as risky as drafting Pat White. :)

2nd would be stupid. Unless he shows some dynamite, I think 5th is where you start looking. If he lights the world on fire, I consider him in the 4th. 3rd is too high (for me). He'll be in on what 10-15% of offensive snaps? He should have success returning kicks, which adds to his value, but I still think - with out current situation - we can't really consider him before the 5th (maybe the 4th if he really impresses).

4th round is where right now i'd say titus young value lies...but he could light it up at the senior bowl and move up...everyones looking for the next mike wallace now lol...just keep in mind guys like mike wallace aren't easy to find and usually guys that size struggle getting off press and the jam etc and are more track speed guys than football players...real risky trying to locate a mike wallace...plenty of picks with similar size speed combos fail in the nfl

what i would do is put on the tape from as wide a view as possible and see just how quickly titus young eats up a dbs cushion and does he possess blow by speed...does he run by guys who are already bailing even 10 yards off the ball at the snap...cause mike wallace does all those things...

Back
Top Bottom