senior bowl week and game thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

senior bowl week and game thread

4th round is where right now i'd say titus young value lies...but he could light it up at the senior bowl and move up...everyones looking for the next mike wallace now lol...just keep in mind guys like mike wallace aren't easy to find and usually guys that size struggle getting off press and the jam etc and are more track speed guys than football players...real risky trying to locate a mike wallace...plenty of picks with similar size speed combos fail in the nfl

That's why I said don't reach for Titus Young. He's undersized, but could be a great weapon. Once again, it's a luxury pick, so I'd opt for other choices first, but if he's available and they don't like anybody else, I wouldn't be upset with them taking him. I didn't compare him to Mike Wallace because Wallace is a larger, more physical receiver. But Desean Jackon's size is comparable to Young.

That's why I said don't reach for Titus Young. He's undersized, but could be a great weapon. Once again, it's a luxury pick, so I'd opt for other choices first, but if he's available and they don't like anybody else, I wouldn't be upset with them taking him. I didn't compare him to Mike Wallace because Wallace is a larger, more physical receiver. But Desean Jackon's size is comparable to Young.

i don't consider mike wallace to be a physical wr...and i don't think young is as explosive as desean jackson

i don't consider mike wallace to be a physical wr...and i don't think young is as explosive as desean jackson

I said Wallace is more physical than Titus Young. I also don't think Young is as explosive as Jackson, which is why I called him a poor man's Jackson. Once again, I'm talking about *size* here, not any abilities.

Mike Wallace: 6'0" 199 lbs
Desean Jackson: 5'10" 175 lbs
Titus Young: 5'11" 170-175 lbs

thats news to me...i thought they were similar size and body type...i just thought wallace was a little taller

Well, I just looked up Young's height for the first time, and he's listed at 5'11. I was always under the impression he was more of a 5'8 or 5'9 guy - watching him play. Maybe my eyes deceive me; maybe he stood on a book when they were measuring his height. We should know soon enough. He also looks thinner than Wallace to me. Maybe I'm just way off on Young.

I love this time of year. The draft process is awesome. Learn more about players these next few months then any other time. I will be interested to see Locker play. I watch him live as a freshman and soph about 4 times each year and played quite well. I want to see if his talent at Wash really did hinder him or if he actually went backwards in his development. He's the kind of player I wish we had a stable QB and we could let him learn from a vet for 2or 3 years ala Rodgers or Rivers. Not saying he would turn out as good but I love his moxy.

J you don't think going O-line will help us, man I don't know if I can agree with that. If we could find another pro-bowler at G or C. It would make our offense run alot smoother. If Pouncey or Steve W from Penn State grade out that well gonna be hard not to take them. Though Miller would be sweet. Bring him in to add the pressure form the outside would be nice.

I said Wallace is more physical than Titus Young. I also don't think Young is as explosive as Jackson, which is why I called him a poor man's Jackson. Once again, I'm talking about *size* here, not any abilities.

Mike Wallace: 6'0" 199 lbs
Desean Jackson: 5'10" 175 lbs
Titus Young: 5'11" 170-175 lbs

ok lol...don't blow a gasket...anyways none of these guys are ideal nfl size so abilities absolutely have to come into play...anyways...titus young looks to me like he may have the speed and acceleration to take the top off a defense and that's something we could use...i haven't watched much of his stuff to really get a good read but from what i've seen i think his value falls somewhere in the 4th round range or so and i can see a team envisioning a mike wallace like player...of course i wasn't very high on mike wallace when he came out didn't show me much at the senior bowl week other than major top end speed..

Well, I just looked up Young's height for the first time, and he's listed at 5'11. I was always under the impression he was more of a 5'8 or 5'9 guy - watching him play. Maybe my eyes deceive me; maybe he stood on a book when they were measuring his height. We should know soon enough. He also looks thinner than Wallace to me. Maybe I'm just way off on Young.

yeah...i thought they were both 5 ft 11...or course today watch young come in at 5 ft 9 and some change...lol

I love this time of year. The draft process is awesome. Learn more about players these next few months then any other time. I will be interested to see Locker play. I watch him live as a freshman and soph about 4 times each year and played quite well. I want to see if his talent at Wash really did hinder him or if he actually went backwards in his development. He's the kind of player I wish we had a stable QB and we could let him learn from a vet for 2or 3 years ala Rodgers or Rivers. Not saying he would turn out as good but I love his moxy.

J you don't think going O-line will help us, man I don't know if I can agree with that. If we could find another pro-bowler at G or C. It would make our offense run alot smoother. If Pouncey or Steve W from Penn State grade out that well gonna be hard not to take them. Though Miller would be sweet. Bring him in to add the pressure form the outside would be nice.

Given the lack of QB, I think drafting a C/G would be like akin to sprinkling sugar on a piece of ****. I like Wisniewki a lot more than I do Pouncey. If we pass on a QB, M. Ingram is the only offensive player (likely to be there) whose selection wouldn't make me slit my wrists.

ok lol...don't blow a gasket...anyways none of these guys are ideal nfl size so abilities absolutely have to come into play...anyways...titus young looks to me like he may have the speed and acceleration to take the top off a defense and that's something we could use...i haven't watched much of his stuff to really get a good read but from what i've seen i think his value falls somewhere in the 4th round range or so and i can see a team envisioning a mike wallace like player...of course i wasn't very high on mike wallace when he came out didn't show me much at the senior bowl week other than major top end speed..

Wasn't blowing a gasket, just making sure I qualified my statement in the fact that I wasn't comparing abilities at this time, but just size differences. I agree that abilities must come into play at some point. I know that after watching a good amount of him at Boise State, he seems to be the guy that can get past his man and catch the long ball. In my opinion, he's not much more than a vertical threat which is why I don't think we should reach on him. If you wanted a more complete WR out of Boise State, I'd choose Austin Pettis. But the Dolphins already have that physical receiver in Brandon Marshall and Bess who runs great routes. It wouldn't hurt to bring in somebody like Titus Young who could just blow past his man a couple times a game and maybe even handle kick-offs or punt returns. He seems to have great hands, but as I said earlier, I think his 40-time will be the most important statistic. If he's blazing fast, someone will take a chance on him.

pettis is one of those guys who i think is a jack of all trades but master of none...the kind of guy who will stick on a roster cause he can help you so many ways but not a real physically gifted athlete...

not really a fan of his...but something makes me think he's gonna be in the league for quite a while

Given the lack of QB, I think drafting a C/G would be like akin to sprinkling sugar on a piece of ****. I like Wisniewki a lot more than I do Pouncey. If we pass on a QB, M. Ingram is the only offensive player (likely to be there) whose selection wouldn't make me slit my wrists.

Oh I understand but if no QB is left or not worthy of the pick. Is Ingram going to have more success behind a suspect line? What are your QB rankings at this time? Gabbert #1?

pettis is one of those guys who i think is a jack of all trades but master of none...the kind of guy who will stick on a roster cause he can help you so many ways but not a real physically gifted athlete...

not really a fan of his...but something makes me think he's gonna be in the league for quite a while

Reminds me of a poor man's H. Ward - not a younger H. Ward either, current (slow) H. Ward.

Oh I understand but if no QB is left or not worthy of the pick. Is Ingram going to have more success behind a suspect line? What are your QB rankings at this time? Gabbert #1?

I don't think our line is as terrible as a lot of people make it out to be. Health and continuity would go a long way. I also think that our RB's didn't do them any favors. I do think that Ingram will have success no matter where he goes. He can catch the ball out of the backfield, and he has excellent feet and vision. He's an all around offensive weapon.

And, yeah, I have:

1. Gabbert
2. Newton
3. Mallett
4. ______?

The interview process will be huge for Newton. If the powers that be decide that he's a smart kid with a good work ethic, then I think he jumps ahead of Gabbert. With the available information, though, I can't yet justify knocking Gabbert down.

Back
Top Bottom