SHHH!!!! It's Quiet! Hi Haters. Smack! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHHH!!!! It's Quiet! Hi Haters. Smack!

You mean depth? How much you want to pay for Depth ? You want to pay a WR one million dollars just to sit on the sideline in case someone get hurts or needs a breather? Just be patient, and remember I told you this, the third receiver will emerge before the season is over with. Just Watch!

We did just sign a decent one which goes to show that even Ireland himself wasn't as confident in his own plan as you seem to be.

R & R i agree with you! A game like that wont happen again...THEY LOST!!! you can tell the age of the dolphin posts of many on here based on the ridiculous optimistic posts....

[/B]
what you mean? and I like that motto under your AV :brewskis:

What I mean as once these guys have fully grasp Sherman's offense Tannehill will have a third receiver emerge. Just like how Clay emerge last year, once Moore and Daboll got accustom. This is the samething that will happen eventually. Just like how they thought our receivers weren't ****, that thought process is now out the window. So the argument is now, we dont have a third receiver. Well, I'm here to tell you one will emerge. Take that to the bank! It's either going to be Armstrong once he's fully healthy and knows this offense, Matthews, Moore, or Clay, the season is still young.

R & R i agree with you! A game like that wont happen again...THEY LOST!!! you can tell the age of the dolphin posts of many on here based on the ridiculous optimistic posts....

And you know that for a fact ? If they perform like in week 4 in a brand new offense, doesn't logic dictate more to come? So, let me guess this straight, if they didn't perform to that level against AZ, the easy thing to say would be they "we knew it all allong, worst receivers in the league, no RG, RT suck why did we draft him. But because the opposite happen it was a fluke. So when Tannehill was audibling and getting us in the right plays for us to succeed and for this offense to produce, that's call a fluke. Because the offense just closed their eyes and voila magic. SMDH, and I'm the wrong that's consistently wrong and producing optimistic and homer-ism post, even when the post is to state the fact that WE CURRENTLY HAVE THE #1 WR TANDEM IN THE LEAGUE, and no credit wants to be given. So, we're doing the impossible from a receiving stand point, and it's considered Fluky.

Ok lets look at our targets this year.
Hartline 47
Bess 32
Fasano 23
Bush 12
Armstrong 9

Last year
Marshall 145
Bess 83
Hartline 67
Fasano 54
Bush 52
Clay 25

Neither of these look anything like Green Bays so called spreading the ball around. Hartline has been targeted more than any receiver in the NFL this year and has 1/3 more targets than the second receiver. Last year Marshall had 42 percent more of the targets than the number 2 but the ball was obviously overall more spread around than this year. Its early in the year and will change some but its obvious who our number one target is. So far the spread has been nothing close to what they have in Green Bay .

The main point Im gonna make is there is a reason that Marshall was targeted so many times. I have this wild theory. He was the best receiver on our team by far and was open the most. Just because teams consider a player the number one receiver they are not going to throw it to him over and over if he is not open or has a chance to make a play. We spread the ball around quite a bit last year , the reason Green Bay's targets are so close is because their talent is so close.

The previous year
Jennings was targeted 125 times while JAmes Jones was targeted 87 times and Driver 84. The Packers like any other team will throw to their best receiver more than anybody else. The number last year are also skewed because Jenning missed three games.

Not 100% sure your point. You are right, we look nothing like GB spreading the ball around the past two years. And what has been our record? 7-13 over that period of time. What was GBs record in 2011 when they didn't spread the ball around as much in 2012? 10-6...as compared to 15-1 when it was spread around more in 2012.

Miami's main problem this year is not that they don't have a #1 WR, it is that they don't have a legitimate 3rd WR to throw to. The Dolphins don't need another Brandon Marshall to target all the time. They have tried that and it doesn't work. Miami just needs a 3rd reliable option. Nannee and Armstrong have both been an epic failure!

Your theory on targeting Marshall so much sounds great, if it were only true. When did Miami start winning games last year? When they stopped targeting Marshall so much. Miami was 1-6 last year when targeting Marshall 9 times or more and 5-4 when targeting him less than 9 times.

Under the Ireland/Sparano regime lasting 4 seasons (2008-2011):

Miami's Overall Record: 31-33 (plus 0-1 in playoffs)

Miami's record without Brandon Marshall: 19-15 (.559 winning percentage)

Miami's record with Brandon Marshall: 12-18​ (.400 winning percentage)

Miami's PPG (Points Per Game) Offense 2008-2011 (64 games): 20.4

Miam's PPG without Brandon Marshall in 34 games: 22.0

Miami's PPG with Brandon Marshall in 30 games: 18.6

Not 100% sure your point. You are right, we look nothing like GB spreading the ball around the past two years. And what has been our record? 7-13 over that period of time. What was GBs record in 2011 when they didn't spread the ball around as much in 2012? 10-6...as compared to 15-1 when it was spread around more in 2012.

Miami's main problem this year is not that they don't have a #1 WR, it is that they don't have a legitimate 3rd WR to throw to. The Dolphins don't need another Brandon Marshall to target all the time. They have tried that and it doesn't work. Miami just needs a 3rd reliable option. Nannee and Armstrong have both been an epic failure!

Your theory on targeting Marshall so much sounds great, if it were only true. When did Miami start winning games last year? When they stopped targeting Marshall so much. Miami was 1-6 last year when targeting Marshall 9 times or more and 5-4 when targeting him less than 9 times.

Under the Ireland/Sparano regime lasting 4 seasons (2008-2011):

Miami's Overall Record: 31-33 (plus 0-1 in playoffs)

Miami's record without Brandon Marshall: 19-15 (.559 winning percentage)

Miami's record with Brandon Marshall: 12-18​ (.400 winning percentage)

Miami's PPG (Points Per Game) Offense 2008-2011 (64 games): 20.4

Miam's PPG without Brandon Marshall in 34 games: 22.0

Miami's PPG with Brandon Marshall in 30 games: 18.6

My point was Miami is not spreading the ball around equally this year and Green Baby didnt the prior year. Jennings has been their number one receiver and the previous year got alot more targets, not to mention his targets were down because he missed games. The 2008 season skews your whole analysis compare 2009 to 2010 and then get back to me. Miami started winning games last year cutting down on turnovers and defense playing better down the stretch. 2008 was clearly an aberration due to catching teams off guard with wild cat and good qb play without turnovers. The problem wasnt Brandon Marshall it was the guy targeting him, add Marshall to this mix this season with the new offense and there is no way our offense wouldnt be better.

We did just sign a decent one which goes to show that even Ireland himself wasn't as confident in his own plan as you seem to be.

Wether Gabney was signed or not, he still has his top two receivers playing at a high level. His Running back, his T.E. and now his QB. The third receiver option is just a bonus, no matter how it gets here. To expect the a third option to just emerge in a new offense with so many different moving parts is hard. Now, knowing Sherman like I know him, that will eventually happen. And Roy, every team has to make signings at all positions throughout the season. It's not just Ireland, that has to upgrade a position that needs upgrading. NE just resigned Deion after they cut him. This type of thing goes on for all 32 teams, just because Ireland does it doesn't make it wrong brother. Now, if one of the top two get injured you can question depth, but that goes for most teams. Someone, else will just have to step up, that's just how the league work.

Wether Gabney was signed or not, he still has his top two receivers playing at a high level. His Running back, his T.E. and now his QB. The third receiver option is just a bonus, no matter how it gets here. To expect the a third option to just emerge in a new offense with so many different moving parts is hard. Now, knowing Sherman like I know him, that will eventually happen. And Roy, every team has to make signings at all positions throughout the season. It's not just Ireland, that has to upgrade a position that needs upgrading. NE just resigned Deion after they cut him. This type of thing goes on for all 32 teams, just because Ireland does it doesn't make it wrong brother. Now, if one of the top two get injured you can question depth, but that goes for most teams. Someone, else will just have to step up, that's just how the league work.

Well not to interject but NE resigned Branch to be like the 4th receiver. They are happy with their 1-3's and they use their te's alot. All teams pick up players throughout season but we left our cupboard much more bare and the Gaffney signing was a must signing

Well not to interject but NE resigned Branch to be like the 4th receiver. They are happy with their 1-3's and they use their te's alot. All teams pick up players throughout season but we left our cupboard much more bare and the Gaffney signing was a must signing

Well that's true! But, does that signing takes away from everything else that proven to be solid. Because it seems overwhelming that since we had to sign a receiver so late in the game, everything else that has turn out positively so far is discounted.

Gaffney can be very important here it's just the cd position that is killing us

Well that's true! But, does that signing takes away from everything else that proven to be solid. Because it seems overwhelming that since we had to sign a receiver so late in the game, everything else that has turn out positively so far is discounted.

well just this offseason here are my positives. Resigned Wake and Solai to fairly team friendly contracts. Drafted a possible franchise qb and a solid T propect.
Negatives- Traded pro bowl receiver for much less than he traded for him and did nothing to replace him on roster
Traded starting corner for solid draft pick but also left team rail thhin with fringe nfl players playing major minutes.
Drafted positions like Te and RB that were much less of a need than wr,
HAd an abyssmal free agent signing class. Hicks sucks and too much money, threw money at Garrard then cut. Dumpster dived with Naannee and he is gone.
Overpaid Murtha 1.9 million. Overpaid Richard MArshall. Went dumpster diving with Gary Guyton and eric Steinbach. Signed Chad Johnson only to have him cut
early . Signed some scrub S i cant remember.

What's really sad is if Hartline has an average day today the chest thumping will be out of control on here. Being right about what we post on a fan message board is just so exhilarating to some posters. Everyone forgets even guys we all consider true #1's don't blow up every week. It will just be too fun to be right about Hartline for a week for many to resist.

What's really sad is if Hartline has an average day today the chest thumping will be out of control on here. Being right about what we post on a fan message board is just so exhilarating to some posters. Everyone forgets even guys we all consider true #1's don't blow up every week. It will just be too fun to be right about Hartline for a week for many to resist.

Threads like these are just asking for it.

well just this offseason here are my positives. Resigned Wake and Solai to fairly team friendly contracts. Drafted a possible franchise qb and a solid T propect.
Negatives- Traded pro bowl receiver for much less than he traded for him and did nothing to replace him on roster
Traded starting corner for solid draft pick but also left team rail thhin with fringe nfl players playing major minutes.
Drafted positions like Te and RB that were much less of a need than wr,
HAd an abyssmal free agent signing class. Hicks sucks and too much money, threw money at Garrard then cut. Dumpster dived with Naannee and he is gone.
Overpaid Murtha 1.9 million. Overpaid Richard MArshall. Went dumpster diving with Gary Guyton and eric Steinbach. Signed Chad Johnson only to have him cut
early . Signed some scrub S i cant remember.

Traded pro bowl receiver for much less than he traded for him and did nothing to replace him on roster- (Hartline and Bess have more than picked up the slack, and they have resided on this roster for 3 and 4 years respectively.)

Traded starting corner for solid draft pick but also left team rail thhin with fringe nfl players playing major minutes. (2nd and 6th For Vontae, I would do that everyday of the week, currently playing like **** Indy, but the potential is there for him. Come, April, the last thing on our my mind is going to be Vontae Davis.)

Drafted positions like Te and RB that were much less of a need than wr, (Lamar Miller and Micheal Egnew were rated higher on Ireland's board, than the receivers that were left, and he got a 3rd round receiver in the 7th in Rishard Matthews by sticking to his board) And he actually drafted two Receivers in they both are currently on NFL rosters.

HAd an abyssmal free agent signing class. Hicks sucks and too much money, threw money at Garrard then cut. Dumpster dived with Naannee and he is gone. (David Garrard was the starter before a freak accident. How much do you think QB cost? They don't come cheap, no matter how bad you think he sucked. Garrard was one year remove from a Pro-Bowl. Sherman and Philbin know more about quarterbacks than you can imagine, and they NAMED in the STARTER!, All the F.A. signings were cheap, and were guaranteed nothing, except to come in and compete. They were no better than the guys we already had on the roster so good bye. There's a reason you are allowe to 90 players during the off-season. And sorry not all of them will make it. And if those F.A. Contracts were sooo bad, why are we projected to have 50-60 million in cap space. Naane, was brought for camp, the Hartline injury gaved him an opportunity which he blew, now we have moved on, this type of thing happens with every team in at all positions)

early . Signed some scrub S i cant remember.[/QUOTE] (The draft hadn't happened before the Murtha signing, backup Tackles don't come cheap, we he got hurt again we moved on, again, this **** happens to every single damn team D, not just the Dolphins. We already have to high price Linebacks in Burnett and Dansby you wanted a third? Has Koa Missi not played well so far this year? So why does that Guyton signing even matter? Chad Johnson CUT himself. Good, for the coach to not stand for domestic violence, cursing at press conferences, and making threats to the commissioner. Eric Steinbach was given a chance to see if he had anything left, that had zero impact on this team. Now, Richard Marshall was not overpaid, he got a fair contract based on his past performance. Now, if you want to tell me he shouldn't of been signed in the first place because he has shown that he can play constitently then fine.) And the scrub he signed was Tyrell Johnson, and he was signed to compete, the same way Ireland told Clark if we signed him it would be to compete. And Guess what ? Right both Clemons and Reshad Jones are slowing become of the better safety duo's in the league. So again, he was right on all fronts)

Back
Top Bottom