SHHH!!!! It's Quiet! Hi Haters. Smack! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHHH!!!! It's Quiet! Hi Haters. Smack!

One funny side note. Most consider Ozzie Newsome, from Balt, as one of the best GM's in the NFL, if not the best. The player he had rated as the highest, in his history of being a GM, was J Russell. :)

One funny side note. Most consider Ozzie Newsome, from Balt, as one of the best GM's in the NFL, if not the best. The player he had rated as the highest, in his history of being a GM, was J Russell. :)

I remember a few years ago Miami and Baltimore were two of the more starved teams for wr help, they got Boldin and we went with Marshall. Fast forward 3 years and they have a solid group of receivers and Miami is back to being one of the more starved teams at the position.

I remember a few years ago Miami and Baltimore were two of the more starved teams for wr help, they got Boldin and we went with Marshall. Fast forward 3 years and they have a solid group of receivers and Miami is back to being one of the more starved teams at the position.

Yeah, and Flacco appears to have developed. Lucky or good?

Allow me to retort.... 1-3

if you're going to start with this I told you so BS maybe you should wait until we've actually done something as a team. I'm guessing you were of of the ones making the same kind of posts about Sparano too. SPARANO IS A GREAT COACH GUYS, YOU'LL SEE, I'M GONNA BE RIGHT.

I'm not doing I told you so BS. I'm doing our players aren't as bad as everyone in the entire universe want it us to be. And to make a point this GM is not as bad as everyone wants to make him out to be as well. Our record does not tell the whole story. But, again you have a point, you are what your record says you are. But, with a New Head coach, new schemes on both side of the ball, to have played as decent as we have, is a sign on good players. My further point is our players are young and emerging, we have the talent to compete with most teams. Now, we just have to start finding ways to stop turning the ball over.

I'm not doing I told you so BS. I'm doing our players aren't as bad as everyone in the entire universe want it us to be. And to make a point this GM is not as bad as everyone wants to make him out to be as well. Our record does not tell the whole story. But, again you have a point, you are what your record says you are. But, with a New Head coach, new schemes on both side of the ball, to have played as decent as we have, is a sign on good players. My further point is our players are young and emerging, we have the talent to compete with most teams. Now, we just have to start finding ways to stop turning the ball over.

There is some truth in what you say but at wr and cb we have very little talent outside of the starters and those are positions that require actual backups

I like you, well as ,much as I know of you its called debate. I dont agree with all you say but thats what we are here for. Im not an Ireland hater I just dont think he is among the better Gms

But D, I never said he was among the better one's. The theory that he is one of the worst in the league, just don't bare out to me. But again, only time will tell. I guess this roster has 12 games left to see who's right.

There is some truth in what you say but at wr and cb we have very little talent outside of the starters and those are positions that require actual backups

Yeah, we needed another good wr and cb even BEFORE we got rid of Marshall and Davis at least for some depth.

Signing Richard Marshall was a solid move as a decent inside cb and he gave us depth in the entire secondary. It was a step forward but then we took 2 steps backwards by trading Davis.

But D, I never said he was among the better one's. The theory that he is one of the worst in the league, just don't bare out to me. But again, only time will tell. I guess this roster has 12 games left to see who's right.

Well take this offseason. i thought it was one of his better drafts but he ignore Wr in draft which seemed quite stupid when you are drafting your 3rd rb and Te and are not addressing a position that you will need every play. He had all season to try to address wr after he traded Marshall and he did basically nothing, There were solid values at receiver that could have improved this team but he went dumpster diving. His free agency with exceptions of players already here was quite horrible. How many of these guys are even on the team still

Well take this offseason. i thought it was one of his better drafts but he ignore Wr in draft which seemed quite stupid when you are drafting your 3rd rb and Te and are not addressing a position that you will need every play. He had all season to try to address wr after he traded Marshall and he did basically nothing, There were solid values at receiver that could have improved this team but he went dumpster diving. His free agency with exceptions of players already here was quite horrible. How many of these guys are even on the team still

Ask any GM, when you start drafting on needs as oppose to best available players you will have problems. After the Marshall trade, Hartline was destine to be #1 and Best #2. And right now Ireland was right. They are THE #1 TANDEM IN THE LEAGUE. Again, his #1 receiver currently lead the league in yardage. So please explain to me where was he wrong. Ill repeat the receivers he stuck to his gun with, and when everyone was crying about making desperation moves for a WR, he didn't budge, and NOW THEY LEAD THE LEAGUE AS A TANDEM. How can we keep beating this dead horse about lacking of receiving option. Now, all we need is a third option to emerge, which I guaranteed you will happen shortly. The fact is his Top 2 Receivers are performing like we all would want our top 2 receivers to perform. Why can't we move on to the next topic. Everybody was crying how our Receiver would suck, but so far they have proven to be wrong, but yet I'm the wrong one for saying that's not the case, and they are now proven to be wrong. I guess if the coin was flip and they were in the bottom of the league, people would be on here popping bottles and setting off fireworks because they were right all along.

It doesn't matter if they are still here because it validates his draft choices even more. All the F.A. were sign to one year veteran minimum deals and they had to compete for a roster spot, and they couldn't beat it out Ireland draft selections, so that's a good thing. Good teams no longer rely on F.A. It's all about developing your young talent. Period, end of story.

Ask any GM, when you start drafting on needs as oppose to best available players you will have problems. After the Marshall trade, Hartline was destine to be #1 and Best #2. And right now Ireland was right. They are THE #1 TANDEM IN THE LEAGUE. Addressing the WR position right seems pointless. Again, his #1 receiver currently lead the league in yardage. So please explain to me where was he wrong. Ill repeat the receivers he stuck to his gun with, and when everyone was crying about making desperation moves for a WR, he didn't budge, and NOW THEY LEAD THE LEAGUE AS A TANDEM. How can we keep beating this dead horse about lacking of receiving option. Now, all we need is a third option to emerge, which I guaranteed you will happen shortly. The fact is his Top 2 Receivers are performing like we all would want our top 2 receivers to perform. Why can't we move on to the next topic. Everybody was crying how our Receiver would suck, but so far they have proven to be wrong, but yet I'm the wrong one for saying that's not the case, and they are now proven to be wrong. I guess if the coin was flip and they were in the bottom of the league, people would be on here popping bottles and setting off fireworks because they were right all along.

It doesn't matter if they are still here because it validates his draft choices even more. All the F.A. were sign to one year veteran minimum deals and they had to compete for a roster spot, and they couldn't beat it out Ireland draft selections, so that's a good thing. Good teams no longer rely on F.A. It's all about developing your young talent. Period, end of story.

You've never heard of 4 or even 5 wr sets? You've never heard of injuries? Legadu Nanee? Who's out there when Hartline needs a breather after he catches a 60 yard bomb?

This team is just in a rebuilding process. Let's leave it at that!

You've never heard of 4 or even 5 wr sets? You've never heard of injuries? Legadu Nanee? Who's out there when Hartline needs a breather after he catches a 60 yard bomb?

You mean depth? How much you want to pay for Depth ? You want to pay a WR one million dollars just to sit on the sideline in case someone get hurts or needs a breather? Just be patient, and remember I told you this, the third receiver will emerge before the season is over with. Just Watch!

How many passes you think your 4th and 5th Receiver catches? Do you know you can get a 5 Receiver set without having 5 receivers on the field. How many teams do you think have 4 and 5 great receivers in this salary cap age. As a matter of fact how many great teams normally have more than 3 good WR. The Norm is two have 2 real good receivers. One Good One Rb and One Good TE. We have all that covered right now, and that's why we are currently in the top 10 in the NFL in offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean depth? How much you want to pay for Depth ? You want to pay a WR one million dollars just to sit on the sideline in case someone get hurts or needs a breather? Just be patient, and remember I told you this, the third receiver will emerge before the season is over with. Just Watch!

what you mean? and I like that motto under your AV :brewskis:

Back
Top Bottom