Signs point to trading a 3rd or 4th round pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Signs point to trading a 3rd or 4th round pick

I figure this is as good a post as any to respond to seeing as how it consolidates a lot of the conversations all over this board... So, here are my two cents:

NT - Personally, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Trifecta go for someone in the 4th rnd or later to fill our need. When you look at Fergy, it reminds you that Parcells likes to grab guys for the position much later on average. I serioulsy doubt we use an earlier pick to fill this spot.

FS - So far, the Dolphins look like they have every interest in filling this spot through free agency. NOT the draft unless (once again) it's someone late into the draft like Clemons was. The attitude seems to be they want a veteran for leadership and talent both though I am perplexed as to why they keep going for run-stuffers as opposed to ball-hawkers. Doesn't make a lot sense to me but oh well. I expect them to start looking really hard at RFAs and maybe even throw out some sort of trade on Draft Day/Weekend for someone. Bethea would be fantastic imho but way to costly as it stands right now.

WR - I wouldnt be shocked about a 1st or 2nd rnd pick being used to fill our big gaping hole. I would be a bit shocked with Bryant as the whole character thing is a major concern but maybe the regime thinks differently.

OLB - This is where I think we go hog-wild in the draft. I think CK hit the mark when he suggested the Dolphins would use 3 picks on this position this year in the draft. It's a robust position this particular draft AND we arguably need 2 starters (assuming we dont bring Taylor back in as a stop gap). I really believe that 2 out of our first 3 draft picks are going to be used for this position.

All of this is purely based off of opinion and previous history with Parcells and his drafts with the Dolphins and all of the other teams he has been involved with over the years so take it with a grain of salt.

I agree, and made this point earlier on another thread. BP loves OLB's as difference makers, and it way past time this franchise had a couple. I think if Brandon Graham (WOLB)is there we get him, although they like the GT kid(SOLB) also. Because there is so much OLB talent in this draft I would also they use #2 on maybe Hughes or a SOLB. These LB's will almost certainly contribute on special teams too.

I agree, and made this point earlier on another thread. BP loves OLB's as difference makers, and it way past time this franchise had a couple. I think if Brandon Graham (WOLB)is there we get him, although they like the GT kid(SOLB) also. Because there is so much OLB talent in this draft I would also they use #2 on maybe Hughes or a SOLB. These LB's will almost certainly contribute on special teams too.

Eh? Brandon Graham would be a SOLB not a WOLB. He compares to Woodley of Pitt.

got news for ya, if those picks are traded, it will be to move down and still get the guy we want and get a 5th.

We got good players these past few years with our top four picks minus some blunders made up with some late round steals. This bunch is on the lookout for steals, not the so-called better player cus they have a higher ranking in media land.

Back
Top Bottom