Slimm's 2015 Runningbacks (Seniors) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Runningbacks (Seniors)

Since he's been reported as declaring, he's the next RB on my list to evaluate.

I think you will like what you see. He is a complete back. He is obviously the focal point for IU and teams still cannot stop him. Entering today he is averaging just under 9 ypc. That is ridiculous..

I think you will like what you see. He is a complete back. He is obviously the focal point for IU and teams still cannot stop him. Entering today he is averaging just under 9 ypc. That is ridiculous..

I've heard he's an upright runner though..

Michael Dyer has left the Louisville football team and will not play in the Belk Bowl.

Michael Dyer has left the Louisville football team and will not play in the Belk Bowl.

Academically ineligible I hear.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I've heard he's an upright runner though..

Upright runner shmelt right runner, it's not a huge deal. Demarco's a great example.

Watched 2012 film on Malcolm Brown. He was running over people and always broke the first tackle. Any body else want this kid!?

Slimm- seems like RB deepest position in draft - can you see 10-12 of these guys contributing at the next level? That being said- who is your mid-late Rd high value/ sleeper?
Thanks

Slimm- seems like RB deepest position in draft - can you see 10-12 of these guys contributing at the next level? That being said- who is your mid-late Rd high value/ sleeper?
Thanks

Karlos Williams is a kid that I really like. There are no backs in this class that can match his size/speed/power ratio. He was just never quite able to develope great running instincts in college after switching from DB. I think he has the potential to be the best RB from this class 3 years from now.

I like Matt Jones, Kenny Hilliard, and Zach Laskey as bigger backs if you really just want to pound somebody or need to pick up tough yards.

Trey Williams if you're looking for a back with insane quickness and change of direction.

Michael Dyer and Marlin Lane as do-it-all type backs that can contribute. Dyer also has the potential to be the best down the road if his head was ever right. I could see several of these backs contributing in the NFL. It'll probably end up being some backs that people don't really think about that much either.

David Johnson is a physical specimen that I wish would move to wide receiver as he has the body and body language of Terrell Owens. It's like watching Terrell Owens try and play running back. That would go well at times because in the end Terrell Owens is a gifted athlete and can do crazy things in space. But other times it wouldn't go well because in the end Owens would be reading the blocking and defensive flow like a wide receiver.

Thanks for the input and info. I think MIA should double up at RB in the later RDs. They are terribly thin at the position and it seems to be one of the few positions in this draft which provides depth and value. The Gurley option at #14 is intriguing- but ultimately MIA has to rebuild in the trenches- with the lack of early talent at DT - I think I would prefer Scherff or L Collins.. White and Gurley have to be considered though..

Ight with all the talk on Gordon and Gurley... lets say we dont get them early in the draft... what are your guys top RBs you would want to get lets say in the 3/4/5 round range???

Ajahi, Telvin, Cobb, Davis, and David Johnson are the guys I'd personally be looking at in those rounds. The order in which I like them will change by the day.

But there is legit maybe 17-18 rbs that could be drafted.

But right all my hype is with Michael Turner........ I mean Josh Robinson, can prob snatch him up late 4th or 5th rnd. Would be a nice compliment to Miller.

Abdullah will be a second rnd pick IMO so I left him out, he has first rnd talent despite his small hands, that kid is incredible, because of Gordon and Gurley and the depth in this draft, I'd say Abdullah is underrated at this point. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he ended up better than Gordon and Gurley, he's that good.

This is a draft where you take 2 rbs IMO.

Ajahi, Telvin, Cobb, Davis, and David Johnson are the guys I'd personally be looking at in those rounds. The order in which I like them will change by the day.

But there is legit maybe 17-18 rbs that could be drafted.

But right all my hype is with Michael Turner........ I mean Josh Robinson, can prob snatch him up late 4th or 5th rnd. Would be a nice compliment to Miller.

Abdullah will be a second rnd pick IMO so I left him out, he has first rnd talent despite his small hands, that kid is incredible, because of Gordon and Gurley and the depth in this draft, I'd say Abdullah is underrated at this point. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he ended up better than Gordon and Gurley, he's that good.

This is a draft where you take 2 rbs IMO.

Nice.... and I agree I am not sure who i would take first yet either, its all a big mix that changes for me by the day too... lol

Cobb, Davis, and Johnson are def the names I look at mostly. Abdullah I believe could be a nice snag for some team... I think he can be good. I want to add Tyler Varga on the list too in later rounds. He was very intriguing, especially after his Senior Bowl week!!!

I am confused on your Michael Turner though?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom