Slimm's 2015 Wide Receivers (Seniors) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Wide Receivers (Seniors)

No my point was that Sammie Coates is going to absolutely destroy the combine. Parker should test well also.

Sorry, misunderstood your post. Coates looks excellent as well. Any of your top 4 would drastically upgrade our WR corp and who knows maybe 1 of them will be there in the late teens, early 20s if we somehow sneak into the playoffs.

Coates has been battling a knee injury all season and it's affected his practice. He's just now getting healthy.

Amari Cooper is the best player in college football.

I would be inclined to select him #1 overall if I had the pick.

Amari Cooper is the best player in college football.

I would be inclined to select him #1 overall if I had the pick.

If he was the best player in college football he would have made that catch on the slant towards the end of the game.

He's gonna be a really good player, but he isn't even the best WR in college football. Leonard Williams is by far the best prospect for the 2015 NFL Draft.

He was probably just point shaving

hahaha :chuckle:

Slimm I'm having an argument with a friend about Landry and Beckham. I'm trying to explain why Landry is better but nothing seems to sway him. Anything you can add to that?

Still think people are falling asleep on Jordan Taylor of Rice.

This is a BIG guy with legit 4.5 speed that has shown a hell of a knack for getting open consistently against man coverage. He's 6'5" and 210 lbs, damn near tight end size, but he moves like a wide receiver and has speed like a wide receiver.

Really good hands, catches the ball regardless of its placement. Body control, balance, strength and power after the catch. He's got a great combination.

If I were a team and I were looking at Ty Montgomery, I would put him at running back and just be done with it. It's been too long for him to still look like an ATH recruit.

He may very well be a compelling running back though. For a tailback he can catch the football pretty well. He's got power, a fantastic build and you can tell he works hard in the gym. He's got more than enough speed for that position.

I think I'm raising the white flag on him as a receiver.

Amari Cooper will be long gone when we pick. Besides ASU's Jaelen Strong, I like West Virginia WR Kevin White. He is solidly built, and can break tackles and I like the way he catches the ball and runs with it afterwards:

[video=youtube;Bcp7V1HlDzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcp7V1HlDzk[/video]

You could make a legit case that Kevin White should go over Amari Cooper, IMO.

Cooper is a dominant college receiver but he doesn't have dominant physical characteristics or traits for the NFL. By all means he should be a good player but should he be a great player at that level? I don't think so.

You could look at a Mike Evans for example and say if this guy works, then he could be dominant at the NFL level. You could probably say the same about Sammy Watkins. I don't think you can say that about Amari Cooper...but you MAY be able to say that about Kevin White.

That said if you paired Amari Cooper with one of those Hall of Fame bound type of quarterbacks then in all likelihood you've got a Reggie Wayne type of receiver that could himself be in the Hall one day.

It's funny I was looking up through this thread and I was very high on Kasen Williams heading into this year, and then he caught all of 7 balls in his first 10 games. His dramatic fall from grace reminds me a bit of Marquess Wilson.

Sh-t happens.

That said, where Marquess Wilson's fall was his own fault, I'm not sure Kasen Williams' fall is all his own fault. He had what turned out to be a pretty horrific dual injury to his lisfranc and ankle. They worked him back slowly. Ultra slowly. But I notice this last game against Arizona he caught 5 balls for a modest 39 yards and so I took a look at him in the game.

What I saw was kind of the old Kasen Williams. This is a big, strong guy with explosiveness, physicality and catching ability. He has the potential to break tackles. They worked him back easily, mainly catching screens, but he was a lot to handle on those screens. And he was jazzed up after every catch, you could tell this guy was finding it torture to not be part of the game plans week in and week out. Seemed like every play he played it like it was his his first or his last. And when his number wasn't called he still had that vicious block prowess.

This is one of those instances where I could see us fast-forwarding to whatever bowl game Washington is in and all the sudden Kasen Williams has 12 catches for 150 yards and a pair of TDs, something like that.

I always said that both Landry and Beckham were going to be outstanding pros. In fact, I loved Mettenberger and Jeremy Hill also. LSU's offense was an NFL offense in college. They're all going to be outstanding pros and have proven to be thusfar.

I always said Landry was just as good of a "football player" as Beckham was. However, the things that make Landry a special player (Huge-strong hands, toughness, competitiveness, work ethic, desire, passion, love of football) Beckham has all of that too. Except he has something Landry doesn't, which is speed. Beckham always created better separation than Landry. Landry made tougher catches in traffic... because he was always covered better due to lack of speed, and not being able to create the type of separation Beckham can create. Landry had a better understanding of defenses in college than Beckham, which is why Landry was able to move around and be featured in the slot in addition.

They're both great players. But there's a reason why Beckham was drafted higher. Speed.

RB David Johnson of UNI is a compelling prospect no matter what you do with him but if I had my druthers I would probably move him to wide receiver.

He's a compelling tailback as it stands but I think he's an even more compelling wide receiver. At 6'2" & 229 lbs with his long arms and v-cut, the man is built just like Terrell Owens. And he PLAYS like Terrell Owens as well. Watch him out on routes, his body language, agility and flexibility all spell out wide receiver. He has good hands, too. I believe his speed is in the 4.5's.

He's pretty powerful as a tailback but I think his size and strength might serve him better winning against smaller corners in press coverage.

You can keep him at tailback and he'll be pretty good. He can make hard yardage using his lengthy body to get extra yards after contact. He can certainly break arm tackles. He's fast and can spin out of trouble. With his size and strength you'll immediately trust him in backfield blocking, once he's been properly taught. But his vision and instincts aren't really great in between the tackles, and his lengthy body makes for a big target, so I don't know if he'll ever be a great tailback. Then again, when you slide him out to wide receiver suddenly you have a guy the defense doesn't know what to do with.

I think he's going to go in the 2nd to 4th round area.

Amari Cooper will be long gone when we pick. Besides ASU's Jaelen Strong, I like West Virginia WR Kevin White. He is solidly built, and can break tackles and I like the way he catches the ball and runs with it afterwards:

[video=youtube;Bcp7V1HlDzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcp7V1HlDzk[/video]

White has cooled off substantially from earlier in the season.

Cooper always was the better player and he still is. Cooper will have a much better pro career.

Back
Top Bottom