Slimm's 2017 Defensive Ends (Underclassman) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Defensive Ends (Underclassman)

JJ Watt comparisons aside, Solomon Thomas is very talented. He looks strong and athletic enough to excel in odd or even fronts.

You forgot about Ndamukong Suh and Lawrence Taylor.

I really like Thomas. Heck, I like Stanford in general. They tend to win bets for me. I wish I could be wagering on their women's swimming team right now. I did win on their volleyball team against Texas a month or so ago. Small underdog in the title match.

He's got shocking athleticism. It's been evident throughout his college career so that amazing time is not completely unpredictable.

Thomas does need to be a bit meaner on the finish. Sometimes he gets there after some beautiful agile moves but misses the sack or tackle. In the Sun Bowl he looked extra motivated so even the finish was outstanding, including on the final play to deny the tying 2 point conversion.

I would caution that the prospects often put up superior numbers in individual sessions or pro days than at the combine itself. For all we know Thomas could have run that drill dozens of times and posted only the fastest. Several years ago I had to send in a video of my golf swing for analysis. Naturally I filmed until finding one that looked the best.

I just checked the Seahawks draft bloggers. Normally they are quickest to react to a freakish test score in one of the key categories. Nothing yet on this one. But I did note that the main blogger already has Solomon Thomas mocked to the second pick and Malik Hooker at number three. That's the first time I've seen somebody in agreement with how I see it, on ability at least. The teams may have other priorities and opinions. Garnett was first in that mock.

I had interpreted silence on Solomon Thomas to mean that people think he lasts to Miami's pick but I'm hearing it's generally accepted he goes much higher, a top 10 player.

Back
Top Bottom