SMITH BACK IN FRISCO: per nfl network. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SMITH BACK IN FRISCO: per nfl network.

He is using Miami to leverage SF. SF will now pay him a little more as a token gesture of chasing Manning. Now all we got left is the draft. I say double down on two QBs, one in the first round and one in the fith or sixth round.

He can agree to terms over the phone.

Ok, then he takes a plane back to Miami to sign the contract?

I dunno, seems not very likely to me.

But I'm hoping its true.

He is using Miami to leverage SF. SF will now pay him a little more as a token gesture of chasing Manning. Now all we got left is the draft. I say double down on two QBs, one in the first round and one in the fith or sixth round.

I don't see why drafting a QB is such a disaster. That's what a lot of people wanted in the first place, isn't it? Instead of combing through the free agent market for the questionable guys nobody really wants to commit to, why not take a shot on our own guy?

Right now I'm a lot less concerned about whiffing on these free agents and a lot more concerned about Ireland whiffing on draft day.

Come on. You don't think Condon knew exactly what he was doing in all this. With SF a possible player in the Manning sweepstakes, Smith uses that leverage to come to Miami to drive his asking price up, knowing all the time that Manning was likely going to Denver and SF would have to beg Smith to come back. With that said, the more they now can play up that Miami is interested still in signing Smith, the more SF has to pay him because they have NO backup plan. Wow, we got used again to drive up the price for somebody else (not that I wanted Smith), but when are we going to learn our lesson?

LOL @ people making Condon the bad guy in this. He's just doing his job.

It's the FO's fault for putting their face in the path of flying pies. They're the ones too stupid to know when they're getting played and why. A third grader could run circles around these dingbats in a negotiation.

It's the FO's fault for putting their face in the path of flying pies. They're the ones too stupid to know when they're getting played and why. A third grader could run circles around these dingbats in a negotiation.

yeah...i mean how do these guys not pick up on this stuff...its crazy...bring in flynn but act like you don't know his price before he even shows up and then give him a low offer and expect him to cave??? why...cause he's out to dinner with you...just makes no sense

and sure enough he goes back and starts telling teammates how miami low balled him etc and the reputation continues to build in the wrong way...can these guys do business in an ethical way for once...other than making guys the highest paid players at their positions we can't land anything...

no ones making him the bad guy, hes doing a hell of a job.i would compare it to roadrunner and wiley coyote, dolphins being the coyote with the dumbfounded look. im going to hire him for my next project.

no ones making him the bad guy, hes doing a hell of a job.i would compare it to roadrunner and wiley coyote, dolphins being the coyote with the dumbfounded look. im going to hire him for my next project.

A few people in this thread are indeed making him the bad guy. WildBill3 just advocated severing all business ties with him, which would presumably mean cutting any Dolphins players he represents.

That's a good one. The one I keep thinking of is Lucy pulling the ball out from under Charlie Brown before he kicks it. No matter how many times she does it to him, he keeps falling for it.

Back
Top Bottom