so are we ready to shed millions? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so are we ready to shed millions?

Currently thete are 3 players on our roster that other teams game plan for and it would take at least a 1st round pick to replace their performance. Suh, Laundry and RT. You don't trade those players maybe if your the Pats you trade for them like a Bradon Cooks. Wake and Jones are 2 orher stars past their prime. Other than that pretty much everyone else based on performance is replacable year to year until they can prove otherwise.

Why in the **** do people want to cut Wake so badly? Jesus it's dumbfounding to me. 10 sacks DE's just fall of trees I guess.

There are so many other moves that make sense, Timmons, Thomas, James and even Pouncey.
I totally agree. Start there.

So you're cutting Suh and Tannehill but then you're getting a veteran QB for 20mill?
why are you cutting Carroo when he doesn't even cost anything? and you're giving our slot WR 16mill?

Ozzy rules!!
And cutting Grant who came on strong at the end of the season. Gray as well who is our best TE

Gase loves Pouncey. I don’t think he loves James. I doubt Suh and Tannehill restructure. When you restructure, it almost always means you have to give the player more guaranteed money. Do we really want to give these guys more money?
Question is why. He is expensive and unreliable. I think Gase is to experience a coach to keep a guy like this because you like him.

I saw this. Where does that put us now?

After cutting Jawuan James, Julius Thomas, and Lawrence Timmons, we are about $14M under the cap.

We can save some money by signing Landry to a long-term deal and removing the franchise tag.

After cutting Jawuan James, Julius Thomas, and Lawrence Timmons, we are about $14M under the cap.

We can save some money by signing Landry to a long-term deal and removing the franchise tag.

Or save $16M by trading him.

Or save $16M by trading him.

If the Landry situation was really a salary cap fire drill, they could easily pay him a big signing bonus and a small guaranteed salary for 2018 to defer $10M+....much like we saw with the Aponte deals. Too bad Tannenbaum is financially illiterate.

If the Landry situation was really a salary cap fire drill, they could easily pay him a big signing bonus and a small guaranteed salary for 2018 to defer $10M+....much like we saw with the Aponte deals. Too bad Tannenbaum is financially illiterate.

Are we sure Tannenbaum is the one who handles the intricacies of the cap?

Hey man, it's football, if a guy is ballin he's gonna get paid or leave the team... remember the hawks savage D? They broke up as players received their pay day, quite the norm. The Pats have a system that defies logic but success can break barriers.

Landry wants what he can get, good for him. A team will swoon him or they won't . If no takers he'll be ours at a more realistic pay. Supply vs demand and i can't blame him for trying .

Back
Top Bottom