So Reggie Bush will sign with the Jets I bet... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Reggie Bush will sign with the Jets I bet...

ill take reggie back. just saying. i know 1000 yard back to back running backs (and i know he came just shy of it) dont grow on trees, but running backs like AP and AF grown on magical four leaf clovers. we have miller in our back pocket to get some carries too....and yeah blagh thomas too. the worry about miller coming out of college was his shoulder issues, the worry when we got bush was durability, we have em both splitting carries maybe we can keep em healthy, who knows even the guy out of ND (cant remember name and i have a million tabs open already) might come in to be a stud back to replace thomas. honestly i wish we had the debt and strength to be able to draft lattimore out of sc late....i hate the game****s, but someone is gonna pick him up that can afford to bench him for a season, sadly i dunno that we can use a draft position on a player that'll be ready in 2014 (or if we're rebuilding maybe we can)

You know it right? It seemed to me that for some reason Philbin and co. (Ireland behind it?) did not Bush to get his 1000 yds. rushing today. 8 carries??? Really?? The guy needs 40 yds for a significant achievement and you decide not to give him a shot at it? For what reason? The game was clearly over before it started, so why not give him the ball at least 15 times for christ sakes.

I just do not get it. I think Ireland was behind it, passing the message down to Philbin, so his agent will not ask for more money because of the 1000 yd season. Shame on them.

Whatever the case, Bush is clearly pissed about it, and I think this seals it. He will NEVER want to play for the Dolphins again. He probably will not even listen to their low ball offers.

My guess is he surely signs with the Jets, 3 year deal, and the Jets beat the Dolphins 2x next season on 2 great games from Reggie. Book it! :crazy:

The Jets won't have the cap space. Bush ends up in Green Bay or Seattle.

You know it right? It seemed to me that for some reason Philbin and co. (Ireland behind it?) did not Bush to get his 1000 yds. rushing today. 8 carries??? Really?? The guy needs 40 yds for a significant achievement and you decide not to give him a shot at it? For what reason? The game was clearly over before it started, so why not give him the ball at least 15 times for christ sakes.

I just do not get it. I think Ireland was behind it, passing the message down to Philbin, so his agent will not ask for more money because of the 1000 yd season. Shame on them.

Whatever the case, Bush is clearly pissed about it, and I think this seals it. He will NEVER want to play for the Dolphins again. He probably will not even listen to their low ball offers.

My guess is he surely signs with the Jets, 3 year deal, and the Jets beat the Dolphins 2x next season on 2 great games from Reggie. Book it! :crazy:

:bobdole: the Jets have NO cap space!

Did you watch the game? Reggie had like 7 carries for 8 yards at one point. The OL was being dominated, the team was behind, and the running game was ineffective.

What a BuzzKill you turned out to be!! How dare you interject a dose of reality!

So..... I bet he wont.

Nobody wants to go play for that circus unless they are all about money and grossly overpaid. Problem is the Jests cant afford to overpay anyone. They already did that so much that they have found themselves in cap hell. Look for another fun filled losing season from the Jests next year.

What a BuzzKill you turned out to be!! How dare you interject a dose of reality!

I find it funny that most of you have selective reality.

Bush was literally avoided after going 2 for 3 yards. 2 runs.....!!! Until Bush was back Miller went 4 for 11. Nothing to write home about. But what about reality?

Tannehill was at one point 1 of 5 for 15 yards and 1 sack and 1 INT. By your definition of reality Tannehill should be yanked right there and then, shouldn't he?

My personal opinion is: of course you don't yank him. But I also don't think I should necessarily fault Bush to go 7 rushes for 8 yards especially when our other running back does not do much better. Reality is: you are successful with consistency. Constant switching at the RB position or QB position is a major contributing factor for failure. You have your primary back just like you have your primary QB.

Considering that our entire offense (including QB) stunk yesterday the only suggestion for the lack of Bush's carries I have is that it was monetary: I am almost positive that Bush has a contract with a bonus for reaching certain yardages. Most RBs do. Keeping him under 1000 yards probably saved the Dolphins a bonus pay, and strengthen their position (low balling) when negotiating a new contract. Since the yardage was kept under 1000 yards artificially I think it is a pretty ****ty act by the Dolphins. Now if I add to the fact that Tannehill was kept in the game I am probably pretty much more pissed of with the coaching staff than I am with the team.

Now before all you Tannehill-man-crush guys get all fuzzed up over that: I would have taken Tannehill out not for his play but to protect him. When he got up all wobbly and literally walked a zick-zack back to the bench I would never have sent him back out. That was dangerous and irresponsible to Tannehill and the investment the Dolphins have undertaken with picking him at #8.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Bush, but I won't lose any sleep over it, if he walks.

Most Exciting Offensive Player Currently on Team. Think of the very few Offensive Highlights from this Year? Reggie! They should have let him get to 1,000 man.

Back
Top Bottom