Something to consider about the Ajayi trade: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something to consider about the Ajayi trade:

I must be the minority that has no issue with someone being competitive, wanting the ball and sulking. Sure beats a non chalant attitude of I don’t care like Cutler. Passion > Stoic

I hope he tears it up and Philly and I don’t mean a knee either.

Gonna go out on a tiny limb here and say that's not why he was traded. Gase would never trade a player who was busting his ass on the field. If you're not putting in the work between games and don't even know which hole to run in then that alone could completely kill a play. Doesn't matter if the other 10 execute perfectly if you're running into the back of the OL.

I must be the minority that has no issue with someone being competitive, wanting the ball and sulking. Sure beats a non chalant attitude of I don’t care like Cutler. Passion > Stoic

I hope he tears it up and Philly and I don’t mean a knee either.

Nothing competitive about sulking like child when you don’t get your way...also if he wasn’t working to learn all the facets of being a productive team player, not knowing the blocking scheme and responsibilities ....not competitive or professional..... if this is truly he case good riddance...

Disagree with the op. Where are the reports that Jay is a cancer to the coaches? Anayi carried us last year to the playoffs all of a sudden he's now a bad player?
And for Gase and his wonderful passing attack offense, where is there evidence that he brought that here yet?
So Jay is the reason we are last in offense? Could the receivers dropping balls and the o line turned to crap have anything to do with it? Help me out here.

This feels like a knee jerk reaction from Gate dumping one of our best players after an embarrassing loss. Maybe they got in to it the past few days. Somebody had to take the fall. Sad to see one of only good draft picks over the past 5 years not pan out

Lots of people on this board understand the move. What most of us can't believe is that we only got a 4 round pick for him. We pretty much gave him away for nothing. That's the big issue. We used 3 picks to draft Carroo and yet all we got was a 4. Think about that for a minute. If he had to go then fine but we needed better than a 4 and of course I'm sure the FO will say they couldn't do better but I don't buy it

Ozzy rules!!

We as fans have a tendency to fall in love with players when the truth is we aren't winning with them. Ok sure we're 4-3 but a whole 1.5% of that can be attributed to the offense. Maybe we'll end up getting saquan Barkley after we likely fall to around 7-9.

Nothing competitive about sulking like child when you don’t get your way...also if he wasn’t working to learn all the facets of being a productive team player, not knowing the blocking scheme and responsibilities ....not competitive or professional..... if this is truly he case good riddance...

Most dominant players in the NFL complain and moan if they don’t get the ball enough. Call it a diva, I call it competitiveness. Look at dominant WR thougout the years they all do this.
Ajayi did not go public. Most of these guys like Martavious Bryant do and that’s a distraction.

I don’t think that was the issue anyways.

I think you bring up some good points to counter the whole "everyone is so stupid" argument.

We as fans have a tendency to fall in love with players when the truth is we aren't winning with them. Ok sure we're 4-3 but a whole 1.5% of that can be attributed to the offense. Maybe we'll end up getting saquan Barkley after we likely fall to around 7-9.

Meh. Don't get the value taking a back in the first round, especially high.
I like Zeke as a RB. 3 down guy, fast, powerful, shifty etc aka a complete back.
However, you can find stud RB's later in the draft.
Freeman, hell even his backup in Coleman, David Johnson, L.Bell, K. Hunt, Murray(prime), Howard, Gore(prime) etc are all very good to elite backs, all drafted from the 2nd round on.

And for the value the 1st round gives you, 5th year option, I feel it's better spent on guys who demand a higher salary once their rookie contract expires. Offensive Tackles, Defensive ends, Quarterbacks, wide receivers corners etc...

I'm old enough to remember having to deal with losing Warfield, Kiick and Csonka at once. After that you learn to live with the understanding that players can go due to injury trade, retirement, suspension or other reasons at any moment and you just move forward. Hell the same people who are saying the sky is falling were doing the same thing 18 months ago when Miller left.

I want a player thats pissed off when he doesn't play well. Gase needs to learn how to control different personalities, not just dump them ala Philbin.

I've calmed down a bit now. I'll wait and see how this pans out. If this is either to make some sort of statement to the rest of the locker room, or because he thinks Ajayi held the offence back (in whcih case, why on earth didn't the other backs get time playing), presumably we should see results immediately. The Offence should go OFF against a poor Raiders Defence.

If not, I can't help but think this is some ego ****, and Gase could end up being Chip Kelly 2.0. He thinks his system is genius, its the players thats the problem.

I'm DEFINITELY not buying into the rumour Ajayi has been locker room 'cancer' because of a report from the rag. But I'll happily hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong if the Dolphins become a force this season.

Gase should have played other backs if that was an issue. This theory does not pass smell test

I think he was hoping to see the explosive RB that got 200+ yards 3 times last year, it would have been dumb of him, if he did not see what he actually had with Ajayi.

Once Ajayi started again with the attitude problems, Gase was not going to stand for it, and wait to allow it to become a cancer around the other players.

Back
Top Bottom