Something to consider about the Ajayi trade: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something to consider about the Ajayi trade:

Most dominant players in the NFL complain and moan if they don’t get the ball enough. Call it a diva, I call it competitiveness. Look at dominant WR thougout the years they all do this.
Ajayi did not go public. Most of these guys like Martavious Bryant do and that’s a distraction.

I don’t think that was the issue anyways.

Ya I understand what you mean but you think that's normal after a win? That sounds about as selfish as it gets. A W is all he should care about. To him, this was apparently fantasy football (not blocking, not studying the playbook, gaining personal stats). If he was bitching after losing where he could have done something about it ,yet didn't get enough touches, I totally agree about it being the competitor in him. He was yelling at coaches. He must have been a distraction in Gases eyes with what he was doing in the locker room. I love Ajayi but he's not a dominant player after having one fantastic year. I think it's a combo of his attitude and injuries. He became entitled way too quick. The coach has to show the team it's his team. He did IMO

I want a player thats pissed off when he doesn't play well. Gase needs to learn how to control different personalities, not just dump them ala Philbin.

I've calmed down a bit now. I'll wait and see how this pans out. If this is either to make some sort of statement to the rest of the locker room, or because he thinks Ajayi held the offence back (in whcih case, why on earth didn't the other backs get time playing), presumably we should see results immediately. The Offence should go OFF against a poor Raiders Defence.

If not, I can't help but think this is some ego ****, and Gase could end up being Chip Kelly 2.0. He thinks his system is genius, its the players thats the problem.

I'm DEFINITELY not buying into the rumour Ajayi has been locker room 'cancer' because of a report from the rag. But I'll happily hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong if the Dolphins become a force this season.

All great coaches have egos. I'm obviously not calling him great but he cannot let players run the team. Ask Marvin Lewis how that's worked out for him. He had to show that it isn't Ajayi's team. It's Coach Gases team. I wouldn't count on them to be a force this season just because we got rid of Ajayi. Coach is thinking this thing through for the long run. If Belichick did this, it would be a genius move. Collins, Chandler Jones, etc..

I think he was hoping to see the explosive RB that got 200+ yards 3 times last year, it would have been dumb of him, if he did not see what he actually had with Ajayi.

Once Ajayi started again with the attitude problems, Gase was not going to stand for it, and wait to allow it to become a cancer around the other players.
still could give him carries while working in another back. he gave the other backs 12 and 13 carries respectively so why give Ajayi 85 percent of the carries.
If you want to motivate him give away some of his playing time. so now we have two backs that average a yard yess than Ajayi's bad average and both are downgrades in pass protection.
Ajayi is the not the reason we got destroyed by baltimore

So, WTF wouldn't he pass protect? He also didn't catch the ball well out of the backfield, not like some backs that can be split out to create mis- matches. Not necessarily a homer but being pissed after the Jests game about carries? Not at 51 yds, especially if you not hitting the right hole. You can't be a squeaky wheel when your not doing the things needed to win.

So, WTF wouldn't he pass protect? He also didn't catch the ball well out of the backfield, not like some backs that can be split out to create mis- matches. Not necessarily a homer but being pissed after the Jests game about carries? Not at 51 yds, especially if you not hitting the right hole. You can't be a squeaky wheel when your not doing the things needed to win.
If you look at metrics he is getting hit way before he should in backfield. The guy with the biggest deficiency in pass protection is Damien Williams. We are not going anywhere this year anyway

1. I believe Adam Gase is very smart.

2. Adam Gase saw Jay Ajayi everyday in practice for 2 years and concluded he didn't want him.

3. End of discussion.
and yet he continued to give him 80 percent of snaps and carries . What a genius

I do support Gase and I do agree that if you're not doing the work, you need to get out. I'm having a problem wrapping my head around this though...

Last year, Ajayi was left home from a game as a punishment. It seemed to work. He played lights out for most of the rest of the season. This year, Gase states that the predictable play calling is due to players not doing their homework. Sounded like multiple players, not just Ajayi. Could it be that some of the offense does not believe in Cutler and have no motivation with him at QB? Not an excuse, but maybe some of the effort not put in by the offense leans on this. Maybe Gase is sending his message that he is the boss and his say goes.

I don't know. I'm kind of all over the place right now. I'm ok that we got rid of a guy with a bad attitude but I wish, like everyone else, that we got more than a late 4th round pick. I also feel like Ajayi made out, which makes me angry. Good chance he was just traded to this year's Super Bowl champions. That's a punishment?

I'm curious you don't have to be. I follow some players to see if we ****ed up or not by trading them, kinda a hobby of mine. Nice to live in America.

Ya I understand what you mean but you think that's normal after a win? That sounds about as selfish as it gets. A W is all he should care about. To him, this was apparently fantasy football (not blocking, not studying the playbook, gaining personal stats). If he was bitching after losing where he could have done something about it ,yet didn't get enough touches, I totally agree about it being the competitor in him. He was yelling at coaches. He must have been a distraction in Gases eyes with what he was doing in the locker room. I love Ajayi but he's not a dominant player after having one fantastic year. I think it's a combo of his attitude and injuries. He became entitled way too quick. The coach has to show the team it's his team. He did IMO

Yeah I think the London thing might have got him thinking he was a megastar. I'm still disappointed we lost a good player and only got a crappy 4th.

Jay Ajayi has insisted that he receive plentiful carries in every game. He is also seen complaining/pouting on the sideline when he does now receive those carries (even when the Dolphins win/are winning)

Adam Gase traditionally runs a pass heavy offense, or has in the past but hasn't since Ajayi exploded (last year)

"Something to consider about the Ajayi trade" :

What if Adam Gase has been modifying his offense to suit Jay Ajayi per request? That must be frustrating considering:

Ajayi has looked injured/bad this year. Let's be honest with ourselves.

He has a cancer attitude in the locker room towards the coaches which is what happened at the beginning of last year.

The offense is LAST in the league!!!

If you're going to cater your offense to a running back, he can't be getting tackled behind the line of scrimmage half of his carries and not bother to try and learn his assignments in pass protection.

Now that he is gone we will truly see Gase run the offense he wants without someone on the team complaining about a lack of carries. Whilst not contributing much more than another dime a dozen RB.

Thoughts?

In Gase I trust

Obviously what JA did when he was playing was less impactful to the team than what he did when he wasn’t playing.

Here's the thing. Every coach wants players who always want to be in the game, are never satisfied with being taken out, and get pissed about not playing every snap. That's like 90% of the NFL. Now, granted, they don't all pout about it, or act out on the sidelines, but that too is not really uncommon. When a QB throws a pick, or a WR loses a catch or a LB gets subbed out, etc., etc., etc. It's an emotional game. Surely that's not the reason Gase jettisoned him.

But each year we see Gase make shock moves to get the players' attention. Clearly it didn't work with Maxwell, so he did it with Ajayi. If that doesn't work, the only guys left would be Parker and Landry. But when you axe a core part of your team ... you'd better have a plan. Right now, I don't see his plan. We're 4-3 and Ajayi has propped up our offense and given the defense enough breathing room to win those 4 games. Without him ... we may be in Jets land.

Back
Top Bottom