Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami

I would certainly would love to see Jennings in a Miami Dolphins uniform! Show the man the money!

This sounds like what Karlos Dansby did, he always knew he was going to be a Dolphin.

If Ireland is really serious about adding playmakers to the offense and making this offseason count, then he will Sign Jennings (Or Wallace), re-sign Hartline, AND draft a WR in round 1 or 2.

I'd like to see them resign Hartline get Jennings & draft a wr on day 1 or 2.

This will be Wallace's 2nd contract, he is the type of player you want to draft not bring in.
He got those gaudy stats in the Steelers O with Big Ben scrambling around and then heaving it deep. Those stats probably won't come with him if he signs here. I watch all the steelers games, there is a reeason they gave the big money to their other WR and not Wallace.

If Ireland is really serious about adding playmakers to the offense and making this offseason count, then he will Sign Jennings (Or Wallace), re-sign Hartline, AND draft a WR in round 1 or 2.

Freaking A.

You think a good organization like Pittsburgh would just let a young playmaker in his prime walk if he really had potential going forward? It's not like the Steelers are stacked at receiver like the Packers... Heck, Hartline had more yards than Wallace in 2012.

Wallace is way overrated on this forum

Teams lets talented players that they cant afford go all the time. How can you not know this?

I don't understand the fascination with Mike Wallace. He isn't a complete WR. He's just a speed guy. Like a better Ginn or Gates. Sorry, but I'd rather look for that speed guy in the draft than spend all that money on a one trick pony. Jennings seems to be better value in FA.

When a team like the Steelers lets you walk, that kind of means something in my book.

THE REASON THE STEELERS LET HIM WALK , is because they have a WR (that they just gave a big contract to (BROWN) and they dont need 2 wrs doin the same thing ,i mean they both play the same poss , and do almost the same route running (going deeeep) and they really couldnt afford to pay BOTH GUYS BIG MONEY. its not that they didnt wont to keep Wallace , its that Wallace wanted to get paid , and pitts just couldnt put upthe big money for both WRs.

If they sign Jennings or Wallace (or Bowe) AND re-sign Hartline, I can all but guarantee you they will not take a WR in round 1 or, most likely, the first 2nd rounder either.

this offseason is about upgrading the wr position. bringing in a talent like jennings is #1, Hartline is a f/a and if he's looking for #1 money and does not accept a hometown discount, see ya. raw size and speed can be had in this draft, and if we are able to draft patterson at 12 then Ertz with our 2nd, im all for not showing hartline the money.

He says he wants to be here... that tells me nothing. What if he wants to be here but has to be paid $10mil/yr?

Did he go on and say "I'm willing to play for Miami for a big discount because that's how much I want to play for the Fins!!" No he said nothing like that, he wants to play here AND get paid as much as possible.

So, it doesn't really mean anything to us, from our point of view, at this point. Just sayin', don't get your hopes up just cause he vocalized that he wants to play here. All things equal, I'd say a lot of players would like to play in Miami.

At this point, if Jennings really wants to be in Miami, is it that absurd a notion to think that Jennings takes a modest contract and we still go after Mike Wallace? They do complement each other perfectly..

Draft a TE, give the reigns to Lamar Miller...and we still have 20 million in cap room and numerous draft picks to play with.

The football equivalent of what the Heat did. And if you think the notion is silly, i'd remind you that the Ravens did almost the same thing in aquiring Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and drafting Torrey Smith.

Bring in Jennings, draft Quinton Patton in the 2nd, and let Hartline walk. Yeah, he had 1000 yards, with 1/4 of those and his ONLY td in the Arizona game. He had about 750 over the next 14 games and zero tds. I'd rather spend the money on corners like Cox or Grimes and then let Matthews play on the outside with Jennings. Then Bess and Patton in the slots.

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

Markus Wheaton = Mike Wallace

why pay someone bank when you can get them for cheap?

Jennings, Bailey, Wheaton, Hartline, Matthews

trade Bess

There's a lot of smoke here but I've also seen a couple of people who claim to be in the rumor circle who said that it's the 'worst kept secret' in the NFL that Jennings is going to be signing with Miami.

Green Bay have already told him he isnt staying, if the Packers didn't mind (and why would they) it wouldn't surprise me if Jennings had already worked out in Miami or even held contract talks. I know its technically against the rules but if the Packers dont mind why wouldn't the Dolphins get in early?

Sign Jennings, keep Hartline, draft Woods and Swope ... a WR core of Jennings, Hartline, Woods, Bess, Swope and Matthews could put points on anyone. Sign Finley, keep Fasano, draft a tackle and our offense is sorted.

Finfan54 ...I absolutely love your draft I don't know if it's realistic but I still love it; if we have a draft like that we are on our way.

Back
Top Bottom