Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Greg Jennings wants to reunite with Joe Philbin in Miami

At this point, if Jennings really wants to be in Miami, is it that absurd a notion to think that Jennings takes a modest contract and we still go after Mike Wallace? They do complement each other perfectly..

Draft a TE, give the reigns to Lamar Miller...and we still have 20 million in cap room and numerous draft picks to play with.

The football equivalent of what the Heat did. And if you think the notion is silly, i'd remind you that the Ravens did almost the same thing in aquiring Anquan Boldin, Lee Evans, and drafting Torrey Smith.

Just because Jennings wants to be here doesn't mean we won't have to match what other teams offer him. I doubt he takes anything to be considered a "modest" contract.

We will sign one or the other, and honestly it will probably boil down to contract terms and negotiations...I would think Ireland and Philbin are open to both options, and will draft according to how FA pans out.

Don't kid yourself, Mike Wallace is a top shelf talent. We need a player who can take the top off a defense, force them to play deep, and produce touchdowns. Mike Wallace does those things, but he's more than that.

The notion that he 'only runs go routes' is just silly.

Anyone who thinks he only runs the nine routes should watch that TD he scored against the NYG this year when he caught the slant and did the rest.

I don't understand the fascination with Mike Wallace. He isn't a complete WR. He's just a speed guy. Like a better Ginn or Gates. Sorry, but I'd rather look for that speed guy in the draft than spend all that money on a one trick pony. Jennings seems to be better value in FA.

When a team like the Steelers lets you walk, that kind of means something in my book.
There's a good point to be made here. Jennings is indeed a more complete #1 type of WR than Wallace. Wallace is a pure deep threat and a bit faster than Jennings. However, Jennings is still a deep threat nonetheless as well as a complete WR who can play multiple positions at WR. Also signing Jennings and drafting a top notch pass rusher at 12, we can still use a 2nd rounder on a starter opposite Jennings and a 3rd on a deep threat WR (to play the Wallace role), this isn't a bad idea. It also allows us to let Starks walk to free up money to add a Jared Cook or Dustin Keller at TE. :)

But if we grab Wallace, we should still grab two WRs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I of course don't want Hartline back so... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The notion that Jennings is a scrub or the fact that he isn't fast is hilarious.

Dude was a top deep threat for years and he can run every route out there. He's a complete WR and is what this offense needs, get open for Tannehill.

The notion that Jennings is a scrub or the fact that he isn't fast is hilarious.

Dude was a top deep threat for years and he can run every route out there. He's a complete WR and is what this offense needs, get open for Tannehill.

You would think Jennings is a RB or something with all the he's slow and old comments. WRs don't start slowing down until like 35.

And he will open the field too. No doubt that he will be double-teamed.

You think a good organization like Pittsburgh would just let a young playmaker in his prime walk if he really had potential going forward? It's not like the Steelers are stacked at receiver like the Packers... Heck, Hartline had more yards than Wallace in 2012.

Wallace is way overrated on this forum

Comparing Hartline and Wallace is your first mistake. And even good organizations lose talent, it's the nature of the beast.

Sounds nice but we'll need more. I hope we sign both Jennings and Cook and draft Ertz/Eifert still. Would be the makeover our offense has needed.

This is exactly where I'm at. Go TE in the 1st and WR in the 2nd. Talk about a make over on offense....

I know there's a lot of talk about letting Reggie walk, but it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, thinking of him with Jennings, beefing up our offense..

I know there's a lot of talk about letting Reggie walk, but it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, thinking of him with Jennings, beefing up our offense..
I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think of L miller in the backfield with Jennings on one side and cordarelle Patterson on the other, with Tyler efeirt in the middle. I can only pray for that to happen

I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think of L miller in the backfield with Jennings on one side and cordarelle Patterson on the other, with Tyler efeirt in the middle. I can only pray for that to happen

I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think of Reggie Bush and Lamar Miller sharing carries with Jennings and Patterson on both sides and either Cook or Keller in the middle. :) Then when we score the TD, the opposing team will face Wake, Odrick, Solia, and a 1st round pass rusher. :D

Best case scenario IMO is sign Jennings to a 4 year deal, re-sign Hartline (his chemistry is too on point with Tannehill to let go), and draft a WR with one of our 2nd round picks.

Back
Top Bottom