Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet...

WISfinfan13

Enter at your own risk...
Reaction score
All over the Wisconsin talkradio shows this morning. Apparently the Favre's fly a private jet service and the piolt told the local newspaper that Favre made a comment along the lines of "I dont want to play for the Jets, but the Packers will probably do it to spite me".

Heres the link to the article-

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2008/08/07/news/news1.txt

Living in Wisconsin I have seen many of Favre's press conferences/interviews. Yesterdays press conference (his intro to the jets) he looked completely uncomfortable. And to tell you the truth it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Favre saga takes one more big twist.

Heres what I think may happen. He shows up at camp gets overwelmed learning a new system, gaining chemistry with new teamates (specifically the WRs), and hates the big city. And he once again changes his mind, retires and moves back to Mississippi.

Nothing, and I mean nothing in world would make me happier than that scenario playing out, with icing on the cake being Chad coming down to Miami and beating the Jets twice.. I think that would erase the bitter taste of 1-15

All over the Wisconsin talkradio shows this morning. Apparently the Favre's fly a private jet service and the piolt told the local newspaper that Favre made a comment along the lines of "I dont want to play for the Jets, but the Packers will probably do it to spite me".

Living in Wisconsin I have seen many of Favre's press conferences/interviews. Yesterdays press conference (his intro to the jets) he looked completely uncomfortable. And to tell you the truth it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Favre saga takes one more big twist.

Heres what I think may happen. He shows up at camp gets overwelmed learning a new system, gaining chemistry with new teamates (specifically the WRs), and hates the big city. And he once again changes his mind, retires and moves back to Mississippi.

Funny you should say that. A big Packer fan I work with was commenting this morning how deflated farve looked during his interview. All of them really. He doesn't look pumped. Unless of course he's stressed from all the events of the past few days. He logged some serious hours on that private jet of his.

we'll see how things go. But somehow I think the learning curve will take him awhile. Which bodes well for us in week 1.

I just don't think he can do that now.

He's seems to be an honerable man, he'll try and make this work.

It's no secret he had to be talked into playing for the Jets. That's been reported from the start. I don't think Brett will play as well for the Jets as he did for the Packers.

I'm here in Wisconsin with you too bro, Kenosha. I actually predicted that Favre would be traded and I think your idea is just like mine and my dad's. We both think he will just screw the Jets over and retire right before the season starts.

I just don't think he can do that now.

He's seems to be an honerable man, he'll try and make this work.

But you have to admit, it would be hilarious if he did that. Especially after we sign Pennington.

But you have to admit, it would be hilarious if he did that. Especially after we sign Pennington.

hey don't get me wrong.....anything bad that can happen to the jets I'm all for! :wink:

but, I just see Brett Favre as a classy kind of guy that will play there and play hard.

Wow.

Although, before we blow this out of proportion... There was a ridiculous rumore floating around that Jake didn't want us to draft him. Not saying the Favre source is or isn't credible. Just saying.

And we get Pennington....win/win situation!

Nothing, and I mean nothing in world would make me happier than that scenario playing out, with icing on the cake being Chad coming down to Miami and beating the Jets twice.. I think that would erase the bitter taste of 1-15

:hi5:

Say whatt you want about Brett F, but you can never call him a quitter. He will stick it out with the Jests, and probably play damn good ball just to spite the Packers.

His press conference spoke volumes to me. He really didn't give me the impression that he is where he wants to be. I really do believe he wanted to go to the Vikes. I would not be surprised if he up and retires once again.

Back
Top Bottom