Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet...

Dealing with an unstable flip flopper like Brett Favre, a Jets fan should be very worried. He changed his mind about coming back 4 times!

The Packers where very smart, they got a 4th round pick even if Brett never plays a down for the Jets. If they were smart they would have made a condition that read, If he retires any time during this season the Jets get their 4th round pick back.

What would be even more satisfying is removed from the more forgiving gunslinger oriented WC Offense, he ends up stinking up the joint and has to be replaced by Clemens as designated starter. I don't think he'll quit unless Crotchety keeps dropping balls and the other receivers don't rise to the occasion in which instance he'll be piling up his negative career record more so than adding to his positive one.

Jay Glazer a few days ago related a Packers FO concern about Favre's lack of off-season preparation, saying that prior to the 07 season, they paid big bucks to send someone down to MS to work with him yielding obvious results, but the 2 seasons previously, there was no organized offseason regimen or plan and we know how well he did in 05 and 06. So learning and adjusting to a different offense, no offseason prep, some questionable receivers and a heart hungry for GB and The Cities could well create a suckage effect.

Yeah, I kinda got that same vibe when I was watching the press conference. He stated himself that he did not want to talk to the Jest GM, and when the reporter asked him why he said something like "well I knew once I talked to him, he would convince me to play for the Jets, and I would have to make another tough decision. He even said he wanted to play for Minnesota to spite the Packers. And I think Tampa was his second choice, so he could stay in the NFC. HE DID NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE JETS. I think the chemistry will not be there for them, and he WILL HAVE HIS WORSE SEASON AS A PRO.

JUCK THE FETS !!!

hey don't get me wrong.....anything bad that can happen to the jets I'm all for! :wink:

but, I just see Brett Favre as a classy kind of guy that will play there and play hard.
Im with you Lappy, Bret is a good guy and he wont screw any team. As much as WE hate the Jets....that feeling doesnt exist for fans or players from other teams....and the Jets showed Bret they WANTED him and with what he just went through he knows the Jets dont deserve to be done like that. I would love to see it happen though. I always thought Marino should have requested a trade to the Jets and then retire just before the start of the season...."fake Spike 2"

What would be even more satisfying is removed from the more forgiving gunslinger oriented WC Offense, he ends up stinking up the joint and has to be replaced by Clemens as designated starter. I don't think he'll quit unless Crotchety keeps dropping balls and the other receivers don't rise to the occasion in which instance he'll be piling up his negative career record more so than adding to his positive one.

Jay Glazer a few days ago related a Packers FO concern about Favre's lack of off-season preparation, saying that prior to the 07 season, they paid big bucks to send someone down to MS to work with him yielding obvious results, but the 2 seasons previously, there was no organized offseason regimen or plan and we know how well he did in 05 and 06. So learning and adjusting to a different offense, no offseason prep, some questionable receivers and a heart hungry for GB and The Cities could well create a suckage effect.

Your completely correct. The past two offseasons (after Favre's production started to drop) the Packers hired a personal trainer to live with Favre for 3 and half months to get his *** in shape.

Since that didnt happen this offseason, yet another reason to be concerned if your a Jets fan.

He was one INT away for the SuperBowl last season. Why would you let a guy like that leave?? They know he wont be as productive as last season.

Favre is a selfish, self-centered jerk who has done nothing but distract Green Bay the past 2 years with his antics. Classy? You call classy someone who changes his mind back and forth and disrupts a football team? If he would have "changed his mind" about coming back sooner it would have made all the difference in the world. Fact of the matter is he's done the same thing 2 years in a row holding a football team hostage and distracting everyone.

I for one am sick of the Favre lovefest on TV. Espn chooses someone, or a team to sack ride every year. Normally it's a Tom Brady lovefest, or a NY Yankee lovefest on ESPN. Now I have to hear about the Jets all year. I hope he has a repeat like the 2005 season.

I watched some of the Browns/Jets game last night, and after the weather delay, they showed Favre on the field yukking it up with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Clemens. I agree though that he didn't necessarily seem "thrilled" to be a Jet at the news conference. Then again, I've never seen him very "bubbly" at any of his press conferences. Even after their season last year, he was always a bit subdued at his post-game press conference. I too am sick of hearing about him. All you're going to hear this year is Chris Berman talking about Favre and the "J-E-T-S...Jets, Jets, Jets."

Shag off Jets fans actually think Favre is going to get them deep into the playoffs. Hilarious!

Im with you Lappy, Bret is a good guy and he wont screw any team. As much as WE hate the Jets....that feeling doesnt exist for fans or players from other teams....and the Jets showed Bret they WANTED him and with what he just went through he knows the Jets dont deserve to be done like that. I would love to see it happen though. I always thought Marino should have requested a trade to the Jets and then retire just before the start of the season...."fake Spike 2"

That would have been awesome!!!

eger...that clip of Parcells is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.:up:

I watched some of the Browns/Jets game last night, and after the weather delay, they showed Favre on the field yukking it up with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Clemens. I agree though that he didn't necessarily seem "thrilled" to be a Jet at the news conference. Then again, I've never seen him very "bubbly" at any of his press conferences. Even after their season last year, he was always a bit subdued at his post-game press conference. I too am sick of hearing about him. All you're going to hear this year is Chris Berman talking about Favre and the "J-E-T-S...Jets, Jets, Jets."

Shag off Jets fans actually think Favre is going to get them deep into the playoffs. Hilarious!

Someone needs to tell Berman that the year 1993 is on line 1 and they want their gimmick back. He's become more and more unwatchable! Ugh!

All over the Wisconsin talkradio shows this morning. Apparently the Favre's fly a private jet service and the piolt told the local newspaper that Favre made a comment along the lines of "I dont want to play for the Jets, but the Packers will probably do it to spite me".

Heres the link to the article-

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2008/08/07/news/news1.txt

Living in Wisconsin I have seen many of Favre's press conferences/interviews. Yesterdays press conference (his intro to the jets) he looked completely uncomfortable. And to tell you the truth it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Favre saga takes one more big twist.

Heres what I think may happen. He shows up at camp gets overwelmed learning a new system, gaining chemistry with new teamates (specifically the WRs), and hates the big city. And he once again changes his mind, retires and moves back to Mississippi.

Yeah I was thinking that to WISfinfan13, I bet with out a doubt deep down he already feels like he has already made a mistake and probably wishes he would of stayed retired..
But I do think he has to much pride to actually retire before he plays for the Jets....I think he'll stick it out now and slowly get into it again.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge the Jets were not his first choice, otherwise a deal would have been done 2 weeks ago. I do think he will suck it up and play well for the Jets now, but unless the team has success, this will probably be his last year.

The source is a pilot and he told his story to the watertown Daily Times- is that a free newspaper?:lol::lol:

I could understand his hesitation, because before this offseason Brett Favre was treated like a God by Green Bay and it's fans and it's media. He was untouchable and almost above criticism. To go from that situation to playing for a New York team and dealing with the New York media is going to be quite a shock. Wait until he throws one of those patented Brett Favre 3-4 INT clunker games in New York.

Back
Top Bottom