Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet...

Dealing with an unstable flip flopper like Brett Favre, a Jets fan should be very worried. He changed his mind about coming back 4 times!

The Packers where very smart, they got a 4th round pick even if Brett never plays a down for the Jets. If they were smart they would have made a condition that read, If he retires any time during this season the Jets get their 4th round pick back.

I believe the jets are protected and will get picks back if he doesn't play beyond this year. they are mid to low rd picks but they are picks. I'm not sure if they get anything back if he did decide to retire now but that only happens to dolphin GMs:lol:

Shag off Jets fans actually think Favre is going to get them deep into the playoffs. Hilarious!

Not as funny as dolphin fans thinking Parcells is a great GM or that this latest coach is going to be the answer just like Saban and Cameron:lol:

I agree though that he didn't necessarily seem "thrilled" to be a Jet at the news conference. Then again, I've never seen him very "bubbly" at any of his press conferences. Even after their season last year, he was always a bit subdued at his post-game press conference.

That's because he's doped up on the pain killers:lol:

Another good point. In Green Bay Brett Favre is a GOD! He threw an inception that cost them a trip to the superbowl. In Green Bay that was Favre trying to make plays (Or "Brett being Brett"). In New York, Brett would have had to go into protective custody.

I believe the jets are protected and will get picks back if he doesn't play beyond this year. they are mid to low rd picks but they are picks. I'm not sure if they get anything back if he did decide to retire now but that only happens to dolphin GMs:lol:

Not as funny as dolphin fans thinking Parcells is a great GM or that this latest coach is going to be the answer just like Saban and Cameron:lol:

Yeah we should have stuck with Cameron and Mueller! Parcells isn't better than them!

All over the Wisconsin talkradio shows this morning. Apparently the Favre's fly a private jet service and the piolt told the local newspaper that Favre made a comment along the lines of "I dont want to play for the Jets, but the Packers will probably do it to spite me".

Heres the link to the article-

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2008/08/07/news/news1.txt

Living in Wisconsin I have seen many of Favre's press conferences/interviews. Yesterdays press conference (his intro to the jets) he looked completely uncomfortable. And to tell you the truth it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Favre saga takes one more big twist.

Heres what I think may happen. He shows up at camp gets overwelmed learning a new system, gaining chemistry with new teamates (specifically the WRs), and hates the big city. And he once again changes his mind, retires and moves back to Mississippi.

i dont blame him... who would want to be a Jet.. you can tell these is disappointment in his voice in the media conferences last night

All over the Wisconsin talkradio shows this morning. Apparently the Favre's fly a private jet service and the piolt told the local newspaper that Favre made a comment along the lines of "I dont want to play for the Jets, but the Packers will probably do it to spite me".

Heres the link to the article-

http://www.wdtimes.com/articles/2008/08/07/news/news1.txt

Living in Wisconsin I have seen many of Favre's press conferences/interviews. Yesterdays press conference (his intro to the jets) he looked completely uncomfortable. And to tell you the truth it wouldnt suprise me at all if the Favre saga takes one more big twist.

Heres what I think may happen. He shows up at camp gets overwelmed learning a new system, gaining chemistry with new teamates (specifically the WRs), and hates the big city. And he once again changes his mind, retires and moves back to Mississippi.

It would surprise me if this happened. You;re absolutely right, he didn;t seem comfortable being at the Jet conference.

It would surprise me if this happened. You;re absolutely right, he didn;t seem comfortable being at the Jet conference.

Is he EVER seem comfortable in front of a microphone? The man turned down $20-25 dollars to keep playing, he's not just in it just to cash a check like the guy in your signature.

Remember in Mr. Deeds when Adam Sandler is flying to New York and because he's a Patriots fan he makes some comment like "The Dolphins are over rated and the Jets suck" and then the pilot is like "but sir you own the Jets". This situation reminds me of that. Favre hates them but ended up tied to them anyway.

Remember in Mr. Deeds when Adam Sandler is flying to New York and because he's a Patriots fan he makes some comment like "The Dolphins are over rated and the Jets suck" and then the pilot is like "but sir you own the Jets". This situation reminds me of that. Favre hates them but ended up tied to them anyway.

Sandler is a big Jet fan, he did that as a goof. I know you guys are just looking to bash the move b/c the Jets made it but remember that he turend down $20-25 mil to come back and play.

Sandler is a big Jet fan, he did that as a goof. I know you guys are just looking to bash the move b/c the Jets made it but remember that he turend down $20-25 mil to come back and play.

I think it was a great move for the Jets, to me it doesn't seem to be a move that could HURT them, i mean getting Brett Favre even as he is now does not make them worse. Honestly i dont think they'll make the playoffs or the Super Bowl so they give up what a third rounder for him? There's nothing wrong with that.

Or a Jets fan thinking the same thing about ManGina :lol:

At least our current coach looks like he has hair on his balls. :up:

Who would ever want to be a Jet? You have to give up all self respect and any chance of winning. Only thing the Jets are good for are blooper reels and suck suck sucking.

Who would ever want to be a Jet? You have to give up all self respect and any chance of winning. Only thing the Jets are good for are blooper reels and suck suck sucking.

The bermuda triangle of the NFL

Jets-Cincinnati-Arizona

Where a career goes to DISAPPEAR

I think it was a great move for the Jets, to me it doesn't seem to be a move that could HURT them, i mean getting Brett Favre even as he is now does not make them worse. Honestly i dont think they'll make the playoffs or the Super Bowl so they give up what a third rounder for him? There's nothing wrong with that.

To be honest I wanted to stick w/ Chad, I thought we'd be a playoff contender w/ him. We have been an every other year team and w/ the improvements we made I thought we'd be a playoff caliber team. I still think we'll be playoff contenders as long as Brett is decent, if he plays like last year then who knows?

Back
Top Bottom