Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Favre didnt want to be a Jet...

$25 is still more than $12, right? I'm sure he's doing ok financially and having $2 mil a year coming in for doing a couple of appearances sound slike a good way to make a living in his retirement years. Now when he quits he'll get nothing so obviously he loves playing this game and wants to continue despite what the pilot said in that HS newspaper out of Wisconsin.

The point is that money will still be on the table when Favre retires. The Packers have been talking to Favre for 3 years about a public relations contract.

Im not saying he doesnt want to play football. Im just saying if it was up to Brett he wouldnt be a Jet.

Thankfully i'm more than eight years old and have seen that no matter how bad it gets we will NEVER be as awful as the New York Jets.

I don't think you have been watching closely enough. When we were 1-15 we won at midseason, we were never close to going winless and we didn't need OT to win our only game. You guys had you HOF icon accept then give back the GM job, you were annually humiliated in the postseason when you used to make it 10 years ago, you haven't been to an AFC Title Game since '92, you haven't been close since '94, you have had 5 HCs since 2004, you hired Bill parcells NOT to coach but to run the organization. It hasn't been that awful around here since I have been following the team.

Week 1 prediction...

MIA 23 NYJ 21

3-4 sacks of Favre..take it to the bank.:up:

The point is that money will still be on the table when Favre retires. The Packers have been talking to Favre for 3 years about a public relations contract.

Im not saying he doesnt want to play football. Im just saying if it was up to Brett he wouldnt be a Jet.

It was up to him, he didn't have to accept ther trade and could have retired.

I don't think you have been watching closely enough. When we were 1-15 we won at midseason, we were never close to going winless and we didn't need OT to win our only game. You guys had you HOF icon accept then give back the GM job, you were annually humiliated in the postseason when you used to make it 10 years ago, you haven't been to an AFC Title Game since '92, you haven't been close since '94, you have had 5 HCs since 2004, you hired Bill parcells NOT to coach but to run the organization. It hasn't been that awful around here since I have been following the team.

Thank goodness your 1-15 season was better than ours :lol:

nyjunc....YOU complete me.

It doesn't matter how you got to 1-15. 1-15 is still 1-15. It's a sh*tty record any way you slice it.

It was up to him, he didn't have to accept ther trade and could have retired.

He didnt not have a choice what team he wanted to play for or he would have been a Viking.

One other thing. You are making fun of the source in this article. First off this guy is a piolt for a private company (pulling in about $100,000+ per year) who has a reputation to protect in the milwaukee area, that has worked with the Favre family for the past 16 years, and was willing to give his name.

As opposed to most "inside sources" who usually are unpaid interns making nothing, a parking grague attendant, or resptionist making 10 bucks an hour.

I understand that misery loves company, but if not for Joe Namath and a less competitive time and place, there's no refuting that you'd be the NFL's version of the Chicago Cubs.

I understand that misery loves company, but if not for Joe Namath there's no refuting that you'd be the Chicago Cubs.

and if not for a 2 year stretch in the 70s you'd be the Buffalo Bills.

nyjunc,

He didnt not have a choice what team he wanted to play for or he would have been a Viking.

One other thing. You are making fun of the source in this article. First off this guy is a piolt for a private company (pulling in about $100,000+ per year) who has a reputation to protect in the milwaukee area, that has worked with the Favre family for the past 16 years, and was willing to give his name.

As opposed to most "inside sources" who usually are unpaid interns making nothing, a parking grague attendant, or resptionist making 10 bucks an hour.

nyjunc,

Actually most inside sources are people who are involved in decision making roles w/ the teams. they leak out the info they want to leak out to manipulate the public.

Honestly I had to stop reading these posts on page 2 out of pure frustration. I don't view Favre as classy at all. IMO he is an ego maniac. I brought up him re-retiring immediately after they announced him going to the jets. I have since rethought it and changed my mind. This is why he wont retire. He carries the persona of being a rough and tumble tough guy, it would not bode well with his ego to be characterized as wimping out in new york. Just my gut instinct.

I think we are all going to learn allot about Mr Favre this season. Is he really worthy of all the accolades he receives? He has a lot to show us to prove that he is. I think the Jets are really reaching by bringing him in this late and cutting their starter to accommodate it. This is a very risky maneuver and honestly it is what plagues the Jets is decisions like this one.

How quickly can Favre adapt and gel?
Can he handle not being the biggest celebrity in town?
Is he capable of the new york market media's criticism of him?
I think this might of been the single worst place they could of sent him too, but he forced it all, now let him show everyone he can handle it.

Back to the jets side of this
What is there front office thinking???????
Firstly I have been amazed that Pennington has not been replaced sooner. So many draft picks where future qb's were available that they passed on. So they got clemens now, he certainly is no guaranteed successor to chad. Chad is a good QB, but not great, but you don't cut him until you got his replacement in place. They think bringing in Favre is going to buy them enough time for that, bad call.

What exactly does bringing in favre do for them. Lets say he gels and everything like they hope. They put themselves in cap hell to do it. ( I still am waiting to hear what kinda fuzzy math they are going to come up with to not violate the salary cap, its going to be a doozy)

OK so they got favre and they improve their record but it does not guarantee they win the division. the team to beat went undefeated last regular season. I'm not saying the frigging pests will repeat that but its certainly fair to say they are no slouches and will make it tough for the jets to take first in this division.

So bringing Brett in possibly gets them into post season play as a wild card. Not that they cant win the big game on the road but it certainly is not how you want to position yourselves to do it. I respect that they are making moves to win games but I seriously question how well this particular decision was thought out.

I'll end by saying this one last thing about all of this

If Brett can do this and the jets are truly successful from this I will eat my words and pay Brett and the jets for either being lucky as heck or a smarter cookie then myself.

What a joke this post is. Dude your Jets franchise is freakin awful...just like ours.
You guys havent been important since that fluke year with Joe Namath.:sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom