Spielman is a bum!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman is a bum!!

BlitPhinFan said:
For crying out loud! We go from praising Rick's moves to this rubbish after one injury to a key player? Unfreaking believable. Look I know we are all liquored up and p*ssed off, but come on. The man has done a good job of bringing in talent. You can't address everything in one year! :shakeno:
Who has been praising RS? I thought his offseason was really weak.

You guys may not like what MikeO said but he hit the nail on the head. Miami's WR were extremely weak last year and RS added one and a talented but questionable one at that. He kept most of the guys who could not get it done last year and passed on every WR in the wr rich draft.

Then you have the worst move of the offseason. The trading of a No. 2 for a listed No. 3 QB. I always hate the trading of future picks. That is why RW cost Miami 2 No. 1, instead of a No. 1 & No. 3. Miami just had to have Seth McKinney. Now it looks like he might have traded a high No. 2 for a 5th round draft pick who played all of 5 games and only a handful since HS.

You may not like the bitching, but its still very accurate.

caneproud117 said:
You Do know that Speilman just became head of personel decisions this year right? This is the first year he's got to draft the players he wanted. How can you say he hasn't produced talent when he hasn't even had his choice of players. That was Wanny's choice of players.
DW might have made the final decision, but RS also narrowed the name for him to pick from. Yes, that means he gave DW the name of Fletcher, Kelly and many more.

RS might get off the hook a little for the past few drafts, but he blew this offseason IMO. I never liked anything he did other than get Boston.

Dphins4me said:
Who has been praising RS? I thought his offseason was really weak.

You guys may not like what MikeO said but he hit the nail on the head. Miami's WR were extremely weak last year and RS added one and a talented but questionable one at that. He kept most of the guys who could not get it done last year and passed on every WR in the wr rich draft.

Then you have the worst move of the offseason. The trading of a No. 2 for a listed No. 3 QB. I always hate the trading of future picks. That is why RW cost Miami 2 No. 1, instead of a No. 1 & No. 3. Miami just had to have Seth McKinney. Now it looks like he might have traded a high No. 2 for a 5th round draft pick who played all of 5 games and only a handful since HS.

You may not like the bitching, but its still very accurate.
Finally the voice of reason!

Im still waiting for an answer to my question...........name 1 piece of talent aside from Chambers, over the past 4 years that Spielman has brought in and that has made an impact? NAME 1.

Dphin4me was the only one who UNDERSTOOD my point. Im NOT blaming Spielman for injuries, or Ricky, Marino, McMichael. Im blaming him for what happens now. This team wasn't built right this offseason. The FA moves sucked! The draft day decision to trade a pick to move up 1 spot was laughable!

This team is screwed now because Miami didn't prepare this offseason. Boston getting hurt sucks. That is NOBODY's fault. But it is somebodys fault that Miam has nobody behind Boston who can do a half-way decent job!

Dphins4me said:
DW might have made the final decision, but RS also narrowed the name for him to pick from. Yes, that means he gave DW the name of Fletcher, Kelly and many more.

RS might get off the hook a little for the past few drafts, but he blew this offseason IMO. I never liked anything he did other than get Boston.
Well, getting James was huge. I will give him that. Good move there. But after Boston and James.......he did nothnig. Didn't upgrade the WR postion enough. Didn't upgrade the o-line enough. Didn't upgrade special teams at all. But, we are still deep at CB! So sleep well. :shakeno:

MikeO said:
Spielman gets credit for McMichael and Chambers! He gets credit for a lot of the personal moves we have made over the past 4 years. He might not have "technically" been the GM but he had a huge say.

Look, I hope I am wrong. I hope he proves me wrong. But this team didn't need Reggie Howard! What a waste of money that was.

Im not blaming him for injuries or Ricky, or McMichael. Im blaming him for not preparing this team for injuries. We could lose 2 CB's and still be fine. But one WR goes down and our season is damn near shot? Why????

The guy wasn't ready to be a GM. Maybe he will improve and prove me wrong. I hope so!
Okay, I can see your point on the Offensive side of the ball. But this team is aging on defense and he did a tremendous job of bringing in young fresh talent for the defense. Tony Bua... have you seen the quotes about this guy? Will Poole... just plain a playmaker so far for us. There are others as well, but those so far are the true stand outs. This will be the fist time in a long time that 5 of our draft picks will actually make this squad and that was before the Boston injury.

I will agree on the lack of concern for the offense, but no one could have predicted the Boston injury. Not to mention we still haven't seen how the Feely aquisition will pay out.

This is his first year of TRUELY calling all the player aquisitions. And from what I have seen from the draft and Boston(before the injury) he has done one hell of a job. Mark my words... this will not be the last time you hear the names: Tony Bua and Will Poole.

Well, IF Miami has a bad year. Then Rick ain't gonna be around next year. So, whatever you think of him or his moves and his draft really mean nothnig. He and Dave got a 1-year deal here. They changed their titles on their business cards, but if this season ends in a flop then both are gone. You will have a new head coach/GM here before ya know it.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Yeah Mike. Spielman is a bum because Boston is out now.

Dude, you are clueless.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that ever since Phinzone came over here there crappy attitude came with them? We were better before the merge.
Now that is just plain ridiculous to say, why alienate some Fins fans by making comments like that?....we are ALL Dolphin fans. I enjoy coming here to read what other Fins fans have to say and respect what everyone has to say whether I agree with it or not. Many of the people that you are calling out were never posters at Phinzone to begin with.....we need to try and stick together as a whole and not segregate into different groups due to the unfortunate circumstances the team is facing

MikeO said:
Well, IF Miami has a bad year. Then Rick ain't gonna be around next year. So, whatever you think of him or his moves and his draft really mean nothnig. He and Dave got a 1-year deal here. They changed their titles on their business cards, but if this season ends in a flop then both are gone. You will have a new head coach/GM here before ya know it.
Actually Wanny got a 2 year extension, not 1. Now that is a decision I can say was not to my liking. But will still hold judgement until after the season is done.

MikeO said:
Finally the voice of reason!

Im still waiting for an answer to my question...........name 1 piece of talent aside from Chambers, over the past 4 years that Spielman has brought in and that has made an impact? NAME 1.
wanny brought in chambers. wanny was the gm the past 3 years not rick. this is ricks first year as a GM and you can tell how different this offeseasson has been from when dw was the gm.

Dphin4me was the only one who UNDERSTOOD my point. Im NOT blaming Spielman for injuries, or Ricky, Marino, McMichael. Im blaming him for what happens now. This team wasn't built right this offseason. The FA moves sucked! The draft day decision to trade a pick to move up 1 spot was laughable!
everyone understood your point, its just that everyone laughed at you for saying such dumb things based on weak/little to no evidence to support what you call your opinion.

It may have been weird to move up one spot but we still go tthe man we wanted - a future oline anchor.

This team is screwed now because Miami didn't prepare this offseason. Boston getting hurt sucks. That is NOBODY's fault. But it is somebodys fault that Miam has nobody behind Boston who can do a half-way decent job!
What was rick supposed to automatically do? cut the whole WR core and bring in all new WRs with the same talent? We couldnt afford another big name Wr like McCariens because we spent that money on Boston... i could go on forever but i wont..right now.

You suck man..

I disagree. I think Speilman will be here and given a little longer no matter what happens with Wannsteadt. Thats just my oppinion, but I do beleive Spiel will be back next year, guess we will have to wait and see though wont we ?

FinsFan74 said:
Now that is just plain ridiculous to say, why alienate some Fins fans by making comments like that?....we are ALL Dolphin fans. I enjoy coming here to read what other Fins fans have to say and respect what everyone has to say whether I agree with it or not. Many of the people that you are calling out were never posters at Phinzone to begin with.....we need to try and stick together as a whole and not segregate into different groups due to the unfortunate circumstances the team is facing
Agree 100%

BlitPhinFan said:
Actually Wanny got a 2 year extension, not 1. Now that is a decision I can say was not to my liking. But will still hold judgement until after the season is done.
The years on the extension are meaningless. He can be fired tomorrow and it wouldn't matter.

Wannstedt needs do the coaching job of a lifetime now. If he does it he deserves to come back and we should want him back. He has been delt a bad hand......lets see him make a winner out of it!

MikeO your post is moronic. If you think, in this day and age of the NFL, you can have depth at every position, you are on the drugs more than Ricky Williams is. Get off the crackpipe.

dolphindan1970 said:
I disagree. I think Speilman will be here and given a little longer no matter what happens with Wannsteadt. Thats just my oppinion, but I do beleive Spiel will be back next year, guess we will have to wait and see though wont we ?
Well, if Wannstedt is gone and Miami hires a big-name head coach. That coach will want GM power. So that is why I say there is a good chance he could be gone with Dave.

We will see though. That is a long ways away.

Back
Top Bottom