Spielman is a bum!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman is a bum!!

Zacher87 said:
MikeO your post is moronic. If you think, in this day and age of the NFL, you can have depth at every position, you are on the drugs more than Ricky Williams is. Get off the crackpipe.
Obviously you didn't read my post because I CLEARLY STATED you can't have depth at every position. Read what I wrote before you trash me. I got no problem with people trashing my opinion, but at least be correct and factual.

I said we have no depth at some positions and too much depth at other positions! No balance.

FiN.in.RI said:
What was rick supposed to automatically do? cut the whole WR core and bring in all new WRs with the same talent? We couldnt afford another big name Wr like McCariens because we spent that money on Boston... i could go on forever but i wont..right now.

You suck man..
Thats nice resort to name calling.

Miami didn't spend money on Boston. We traded for him and re-did his contract so it was all incentives so we could cut him incase he turned into a head case like he did in San Diego!

And Vernon Carey would have been there at our spot. Minnesota didn't even want an o-linemen! Our rookie GM buckled!

FiN.in.RI said:
Didnt speilman want Anquan Boldin instead of Ediie Moore...???

Was it Eddie or someone else..

Anquan boldin dick wad! He tried!
Keep it up with the namecalling. Nice. Real class!

And no, that story has been told a million times. Spielman gave Wannstedt 3 names.

Calico, Boldin, Moore. He never ranked them or said one instead of the other. Wannstedt took Moore. Spielman never pushed for any of the 3.

MikeO said:
Obviously you didn't read my post because I CLEARLY STATED you can't have depth at every position. Read what I wrote before you trash me. I got no problem with people trashing my opinion, but at least be correct and factual.

I said we have no depth at some positions and too much depth at other positions! No balance.
ill agree to the depth thing but you cant cure that in one season BUT it MOST DEFINITELY DOESNT APPLY TO RB OR WR i think we have a more few backups at that position who really havent gotten a chance yet.

if you really wanna blame someone it should be wanny because this is only Ricks First year as being the GM,

MikeO said:
Finally the voice of reason!

Im still waiting for an answer to my question...........name 1 piece of talent aside from Chambers, over the past 4 years that Spielman has brought in and that has made an impact? NAME 1.

Dphin4me was the only one who UNDERSTOOD my point. Im NOT blaming Spielman for injuries, or Ricky, Marino, McMichael. Im blaming him for what happens now. This team wasn't built right this offseason. The FA moves sucked! The draft day decision to trade a pick to move up 1 spot was laughable!

This team is screwed now because Miami didn't prepare this offseason. Boston getting hurt sucks. That is NOBODY's fault. But it is somebodys fault that Miam has nobody behind Boston who can do a half-way decent job!

Take some midol and call Rick in the mornin.....

BlitPhinFan said:
Okay, I can see your point on the Offensive side of the ball. But this team is aging on defense and he did a tremendous job of bringing in young fresh talent for the defense. Tony Bua... have you seen the quotes about this guy? Will Poole... just plain a playmaker so far for us. There are others as well, but those so far are the true stand outs. This will be the fist time in a long time that 5 of our draft picks will actually make this squad and that was before the Boston injury.
Do remember one thing about camp. Derrius Thompson. Pay no attention to what players do in shorts.

And remember both Poole & Bua are going up against Miami's QBs.

MikeO said:
The years on the extension are meaningless. He can be fired tomorrow and it wouldn't matter.

Wannstedt needs do the coaching job of a lifetime now. If he does it he deserves to come back and we should want him back. He has been delt a bad hand......lets see him make a winner out of it!
If you read the camp reports, then you will know Wanny knows this. He has already conceded to the new OC. They have been practicing, dare I say *gasp*, 5 wide receiver sets. When was the last time we saw that from the Fins? He knows damn well that his crutch is gone. He knows damn well he can't just hand it to Ricky. He also know damn well, he is going to have to actually caoch this year. Hell he even sat in on the offensive meetings to see what was going on. He is changing and adapting, because he knows this year determines his job status in 2005.

Just sit back and relax and see what unfolds. Who knows we could be in for a shock. I have never been a huge Wanny fan. but I'll be damn if given a certain situation, I am going to write off someones survival techniques.

MikeO said:
Thats nice resort to name calling.

Miami didn't spend money on Boston. We traded for him and re-did his contract so it was all incentives so we could cut him incase he turned into a head case like he did in San Diego!

And Vernon Carey would have been there at our spot. Minnesota didn't even want an o-linemen! Our rookie GM buckled!
i deleted the other one but i think you suck right now man.. im only tellin the truth...sorry if i offended you.

Maybe not Boston so much but we needed to put money elsewhere.. ----- Chambers/ogun/OLINE/DRAFT PICKS..!! --- We were low on money as it was and we had to restructure about 30 contracts to actually shop around.. Its not ricks fault wanny spent 3/4 of the bank on Defense.

Our rookie GM buckled by taking the player he wanted to take? Hmmmm that doesnt sound tlike buckled to me it sounds like he was a little anxious but I will not hold that against a man..

Hey Muck.. its time for you to do your job.. since when is it ok to publicly put down members because they make an unpopular post?

Its time to warn these people.. you included!!

Prime Time said:
This posted wasted 3 mins of my life.

allred65 said:
Blah, blah, blah, blah....

Muck said:
I agree. I got one line in and quit.

BlitPhinFan said:
For crying out loud! We go from praising Rick's moves to this rubbish

ohall said:
I'm convinced you're out of your mind. Sorry.
Oliver...

NYPhinFan said:
What a total waste of space...

Agua said:

Zacher87 said:
MikeO your post is moronic.... Get off the crackpipe.

FiN.in.RI said:
i deleted the other one but i think you suck right now man.. im only tellin the truth...sorry if i offended you.

Maybe not Boston so much but we needed to put money elsewhere.. ----- Chambers/ogun/OLINE/DRAFT PICKS..!! --- We were low on money as it was and we had to restructure about 30 contracts to actually shop around.. Its not ricks fault wanny spent 3/4 of the bank on Defense.

Our rookie GM buckled by taking the player he wanted to take? Hmmmm that doesnt sound tlike buckled to me it sounds like he was a little anxious but I will not hold that against a man..
You didn't offend me. Just showed you can't carry a conversation about football without resorting to namecalling. We are all fans of the same team, all want a common goal. But you want to just trash others who disagree. Just a lack of class!

Miami wasn't low on money, get rid of that myth. They had cap space. They handed out cap space to Reggie Howard and Antuan Edwards. WHY? Freeman is starting at S taking over for Marion. We could have re-signed T-Buck on the cheap and had no need for Howard. The money was spent in the wrong areas and it was spent poorly.

MikeO said:

There was also talk that at least three-four teams had contacted Minnesota about trading up to the spot, with the objective of selecting Carey in mind.

Trust me, Speilman didn't prematurely pull the trigger on a deal just for sh!ts and giggles.

Dphins4me said:
Do remember one thing about camp. Derrius Thompson. Pay no attention to what players do in shorts.

And remember both Poole & Bua are going up against Miami's QBs.
Yep, I follow you here. But the fact that Poole was still making plays against the Texans in practice, stripping the ball recovering the fumble. And Bua making a hit that actually cracked the Texan's fullback shoulder pads. your right. They are just going againsr Miami's QB's. Like I said read the camp reports. These two have done nothing but impress their team, coach and opposing practice teams coach and players. They are S**T.

All I can say is have fun in depressionville. I for one see that this defense is gonna be good for years to come, if this keeps up. Do I want to address the offense? Heck yeah! But the defense is what is getting old. One thing at a time.

MikeO said:
Keep it up with the namecalling. Nice. Real class!

And no, that story has been told a million times. Spielman gave Wannstedt 3 names.

Calico, Boldin, Moore. He never ranked them or said one instead of the other. Wannstedt took Moore. Spielman never pushed for any of the 3.

Yes he did!!!

Here's one quote:

As an aside, as the Dolphins neared their first pick in the 2003 draft Spielman suggested wide-receivers Anquan Boldin and Tyrone Calico only to be overruled by Wannstedt who wanted and ultimately chose linebacker Eddie Moore. Boldin made the Pro-Bowl, Calico had some nice contributions, and Moore capably cash paychecks. So in the end the Dolphins made a good call with Spielman.

And another:

Jan. 19, 2004

How involved Dan Marino, the Dolphins’ new senior vice president of football operations, will be in personnel decisions is a wait-and-see proposition, but it stands to reason that Marino should have strong opinions on positions he knows well, such as quarterback, wide receiver and possibly cornerback. But don’t expect Marino’s presence to cause a big rift in the organization, since we hear general manager Rick Spielman is the type of person who desires feedback and input. With the analytical Spielman in the fold, the Dolphins expanded their scouting reports on players from 1,000 words per player to 2,500 words. However, the big question with Spielman is: How good will his decision-making be now that he’s in charge? To his credit, we hear he was not in favor of drafting CB Jamar Fletcher in the first round in 2001 and liked WRs Tyrone Calico and Anquan Boldin nearly as much as LB Eddie Moore, the team’s top draft pick in 2003.

And finally I'm sorry but I'll take the Big O's word over Mike O's word on this since he is very close to the team. And that's what he has been saying since these two were picked first.

Back
Top Bottom