Sporano: CHANGES? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporano: CHANGES?

I watched the today's press conference, where did Sparano say all this?

I am hoping Henning retires and we get Weis considering it is a BP connection, then Pasqo whatever his name is gets fired and Bowles probably would take over though so not sure how different they really are.

Exactly what has Charlie Weis done to earn his reputation as a supposed offensive genius? He called plays for an offense with Tom Brady in it. Big deal.

Dan Henning will never be fired, so if he does indeed retire (or "retire" as the case may be) we'll probably promote from within. The two obvious candidate are Karl Dorrell and David Lee. I'm inclined to think that Karl Dorrell would get the promotion, as it's clear something needs to change with the WRs, while offensive schematic continuity going into 2010 is important.

Pasqualoni is probably safe for 2010, though adjustments are clearly needed schematically. On the personnel side, we need improved play from the cornerbacks, a new free safety, and serious attention given to the linebacker position. The good news is that this is a great free agency period for defensive players; Nick Collins, Barrett Ruud, Elvis Dumervil, Karlos Dansby, Ryan Clark, Antoine Bethea, and DeMeco Ryans are all scheduled to be UFAs as of right now, though a couple of those guys could get franchised. Dumervil, Bethea, and Ryans are all likely candidates for the franchise tag.

There isn't really a Mike Maser-type coach this year, a guy who stands out as obviously being a weak link. Henning makes some boneheaded calls, but for the most part he gets the most out of an untalented offense. Pasqualoni will probably be back. The assistant coaches have done pretty well relative to the level of talent they're coaching, Dorrell and Saxon in particular. ILB coach George Edwards might have to fall on the sword, but I doubt it.

Anyone expecting a bloodletting on the coaching staff is probably going to be disappointed.

Aslong as Henning and Pasqualoni are gone im ok.

I am more upset at PP than anything. There is a talent issue but the D was totally off the mark first half vs. Texans in an embarrasing way. They picked up the blitz. No disguises to the blitz. Too soft in zone. We lay off the blitz exactly when they wanted us too and played into their hands. And quit frankly our effort was attrocious.

Yes, we played with pride the last 30 minutes but that does not win you games..playing full tilt only half of a game. I think this D has lost confidence in him and this here fan has too. I would welcome a change at DC.

I am more upset at PP than anything. There is a talent issue but the D was totally off the mark first half vs. Texans in an embarrasing way. They picked up the blitz. No disguises to the blitz. Too soft in zone. We lay off the blitz exactly when they wanted us too and played into their hands. And quit frankly our effort was attrocious.

Yes, we played with pride the last 30 minutes but that does not win you games..playing full tilt only half of a game. I think this D has lost confidence in him and this here fan has too. I would welcome a change at DC.

Paul P. makes Wanny look like a genius. Can't get any more Vanilla than this.

I dont think Henning will be gone unless he retires.

I'm with you, I don't think they would fire him because he's part of the "circle" but I do think he retires willingly or they ask him to step down.

they need to go after established oc and dc

I have read an heard that Crennel has spent a lot of time around the Dolphins facility this season visiting with his good friend BP. I do expect Pags to be gone, and I wouldn't be upset to see Bowles get a chance, but I see him getting interviews again for HC and if he doesn't get one he will probably get a DC job in Miami or elsewhere.

I would like to see Crennel in as the DC, he may not be a good HC, but is a very innovative DC and does well with the talent he has in front of him.

Henning is going nowhere unless he retires and if he does I believe they will promote Lee.

I think PP is a gonner for sure ... but if we don't get an infusion of lb's, a cover safety, and a stud nt, it won't matter.

A verteran number 1 wide out would be nice to, btw.

I think PP is a gonner for sure ... but if we don't get an infusion of lb's, a cover safety, and a stud nt, it won't matter.

Im fine with a Daniels Solia platoon at NT while letting a practice squad 5-7th rounder developt. I dont think a stud NT is necessary, and chances are neither does BP.

Every team is going to have some sort of weakness, it's so hard to fill in everything. I think the NT, WR, and LBs will be adressed, I'm putting money on Wilson staying or being replaced with whoever is out there because he is garbage so sending ANYONE would be better than him.

Im fine with a Daniels Solia platoon at NT while letting a practice squad 5-7th rounder developt. I dont think a stud NT is necessary, and chances are neither does BP.
That position is the piece that makes a 3-4 work, got to have one.
Whether or not we do is another thing.

I think DH retires. He was retired when he came, more or less as a
favor to BP. I hope he's replaced from within, but please, no Weis.

As to PP, I can't find where he actually coached professionally,
other than writing a book, what has he done?
So to me he's basically been coaching D with us, so he may get
cut some slack. But if he's gone, I'd prefer Romeo Crennel.

I would rather see Henning fired than allowed to retire and walk out of the facility unscaithed with his piss poor game plans... PISSqualoni, should have been fired after last year.

That position is the piece that makes a 3-4 work, got to have one.
Whether or not we do is another thing.

I think DH retires. He was retired when he came, more or less as a
favor to BP. I hope he's replaced from within, but please, no Weis.

As to PP, I can't find where he actually coached professionally,
other than writing a book, what has he done?
So to me he's basically been coaching D with us, so he may get
cut some slack. But if he's gone, I'd prefer Romeo Crennel.

Before luring his way into Miami he was the Cowboys Linebackers coach

Back
Top Bottom