Stadium upgrade could bring MLS to Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stadium upgrade could bring MLS to Miami

Miami once had a MLS team and it failed, what makes things different this time around?

Yea lets bring an MLS team to Miami, U know that league that folded both teams in Florida about a decade ago. That league that is still in red with over 2/3 of the league losing money.
I mean we got an owner that cant maintain his own stadium so why not add a team that will be ran even worse to the mix.

Makes sense after all Tampa stuck the Rowdys in Al Lang Stadium which is a rundown minor league baseball stadium so hey lets add soccer to JimmyProplayerSunlifeMargaritaville Stadium that oughta sucker the tax payers for a vote!

On the bright side if MLS is in our stadium we might find a decent kicker out if it!

Were the Fusion even a successful team on the field?

It's a no brainer to have a MLS team down here. Obviously winning will mean the most . . . but a successful soccer team will draw fans crazy. I still remember the Fusion at Lockhart stadium . . . loved going to those games.

Lol....dude...I used to go to Lockhart and watch the Ft Lauderdale Strikers...back when the NASL was around. The place rocked...saw Brian Kidd, Jan Van Beveren, Teofilo Cobias.....Id love to see a team back in Miami.

Lol....dude...I used to go to Lockhart and watch the Ft Lauderdale Strikers...back when the NASL was around. The place rocked...saw Brian Kidd, Jan Van Beveren, Teofilo Cobias.....Id love to see a team back in Miami.

I have no problem with having a team back in Miami I just dont want to hear the bs that giving taxpayer money to help renovate Ross's stadium brings a soccer team here which would bring in so much revenue to Miami.

I have no problem with having a team back in Miami I just dont want to hear the bs that giving taxpayer money to help renovate Ross's stadium brings a soccer team here which would bring in so much revenue to Miami.

I would be willing to bet with damage to the playing surface and reconfiguring the stadium it might actually cost money!

I would be willing to bet with damage to the playing surface and reconfiguring the stadium it might actually cost money!

I think somebody is cookin the books . I mean it takes like 400 million every 5 years to maintain this stadium really lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the stadium renovation a legitimate possibility? I heard from an unreliable source it was being left to a voter's referendum with speculation that it wasn't very likely to get approved, so I don't really know one way or another, although any momentum seems to be petering out.

Is the stadium renovation a legitimate possibility? I heard from an unreliable source it was being left to a voter's referendum with speculation that it wasn't very likely to get approved, so I don't really know one way or another, although any momentum seems to be petering out.

I think the whole sports teams asking for handouts is getting old in this community. I think the community would be more behind it, if it felt they were more of a partner then just giving away funds again

Wait, aren't the stadium renovations supposed to erase the problems created when the stadium was designed to hold a soccer field? Like the seats being too far from the football sideline?

Back
Top Bottom