Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise

Ross is awesome & rich as hell, I dont mind him keeping the franchise as long as he doesnt ruin the logo, also if he could just do us a favor of getting rid of Jeff

are you kidding me? Jets were in the AFC champ game 2 times, what has Miami done? They still almost had a better record than us and they had dirty sanchez and who knows who theback up is as QB.

I love this quote.

Agreed, Ross seems to "get it" now. I suggest to all that are complaining and twisting printed words to actually watch the press conference and actually see him talk.

We can piss or moan all we want, but the people in charge are the people in charge, that is not going to change. This is going to be a very exciting offseason for the Dolphins and they appear to be on the right track.
He doesn't get anything. He seems to think that he's only owned the team for one year, he made excuses for the losing streak that made no sense and he said that we were competitive in every game and magically forgot that the team quit on Philbin against the Titans and Patriots.

Right this is his first real season taking action? How quickly we forget Harbaughgate! Right this is his first real season making decisions? Hey Jeff want to see South beach from my helicopter? We have our coach and he is a good one Tony was my guy all along I just had a business meeting in California so I ask Jeffy to come with me so we could just talk to Harbaugh I really didn't think it would become such a big deal. I expect a winner now let me make this clear we are not rebuilding. All quotes from his "Round Table" and last years off season press conference.

This little gem is the best!

"Great, but I asked how that is different from last year or the year before. I mean, wasn't winning the plan last year?"This is really the first time I've really gotten involved. I was handed a situation that, one, I was kind of painted to the wall. If Parcells left that was my fault. If Miami loss that was my fault. And I have a lot of respect for Bill. But I didn't put together that organization. I also felt I should learn a little bit before making any moves. Sometimes making a move for the sake of making a move is sometimes the worst move you can make. So want to sit back and really assess the situation, which I was able to do. So it was good from that standpoint."

Really like firing up your jet and flying across country to court a head coach while you still had one on the payroll? Roflmao looks like Ross gets his defense from Finheaven wen in doubt blame Parcells!

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-his-state-of-the-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

we havent landed a top free agent in 3 years? Dude what dolphins do you watch? Miami seaqarium? Karlos dansby was the most sought after lb and ross made him the highest paid lb. Brandon marshall who wasnt a free agent which we acquired thru trade was made the highest paid wr at that point. Ross even buys tickets so fans can still watch the game at home. So dont tell me ross doesnt spend money. Granted he's not a football wiz but he is a damn good business wiz.

He didn't buy tickets so fans can watch it on TV.
a) the ticket buy was most likely covered through sponsors and advertisers
b) even if he would buy tickets he would not lose a dime because the increased revenue of advertisers

Right this is his first real season taking action? How quickly we forget Harbaughgate! Right this is his first real season making decisions? Hey Jeff want to see South beach from my helicopter? We have our coach and he is a good one Tony was my guy all along I just had a business meeting in California so I ask Jeffy to come with me so we could just talk to Harbaugh I really didn't think it would become such a big deal. I expect a winner now let me make this clear we are not rebuilding. All quotes from his "Round Table" and last years off season press conference.

This little gem is the best!

"Great, but I asked how that is different from last year or the year before. I mean, wasn't winning the plan last year?"This is really the first time I've really gotten involved. I was handed a situation that, one, I was kind of painted to the wall. If Parcells left that was my fault. If Miami loss that was my fault. And I have a lot of respect for Bill. But I didn't put together that organization. I also felt I should learn a little bit before making any moves. Sometimes making a move for the sake of making a move is sometimes the worst move you can make. So want to sit back and really assess the situation, which I was able to do. So it was good from that standpoint."

Really like firing up your jet and flying across country to court a head coach while you still had one on the payroll? Roflmao looks like Ross gets his defense from Finheaven wen in doubt blame Parcells!

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-his-state-of-the-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

I have the feeling that we have too many Dolfan versions of NYJunc here. :lol:

At this point the Jets, Bills and Dolphins are running in sync to keep the Pats on top. But who knows maybe one day the Pats won't be good anymore. :bobdole:

I really could care less about what Ross has to say, he says the same stuff all the time. Im not excited about the offseason nor am I dreading it. I will wait and see because I have no choice. Not sure why anybody would be super excited about Ireland with a few more draft picks lol or some money to spend. he has had picks and money before and he wasted both.

So Stephen Ross Wants Stability? How About 7-9, 7-9, 6-10, 7-9?

Stability is fine if a franchise is successful. The Miami Dolphins are clearly not. This team over the last 4 season has records of 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 (including an 0-7 start) and another 7-9 this season.Stephen Ross said the Dolphins would be a playoff team this season, they were not. Einstein Ireland said back in may that after watching game tapes of Tannehill and Robert Griffin III, that they were both similar players. Remember that? Is there ANYONE who watched both players this season who think they are similar? This is the kind of buffoon we have running an NFL franchise. So now we all know Dolphin fans, Stephen Ross wants stability and with Jeff Ireland running things there in Davie 7-9 is about what we will get next season and the season after that. Stability indeed.

we havent landed a top free agent in 3 years? Dude what dolphins do you watch? Miami seaqarium? Karlos dansby was the most sought after lb and ross made him the highest paid lb. Brandon marshall who wasnt a free agent which we acquired thru trade was made the highest paid wr at that point. Ross even buys tickets so fans can still watch the game at home. So dont tell me ross doesnt spend money. Granted he's not a football wiz but he is a damn good business wiz.

the only reason ross buys tickets ,has nothing to do with fans,its so blackouts don't affect his share of the nfl's big money t.v deals .if his team get blackouted he lose big,

Stability is fine if a franchise is successful. The Miami Dolphins are clearly not. This team over the last 4 season has records of 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 (including an 0-7 start) and another 7-9 this season.Stephen Ross said the Dolphins would be a playoff team this season, they were not. Einstein Ireland said back in may that after watching game tapes of Tannehill and Robert Griffin III, that they were both similar players. Remember that? Is there ANYONE who watched both players this season who think they are similar? This is the kind of buffoon we have running an NFL franchise. So now we all know Dolphin fans, Stephen Ross wants stability and with Jeff Ireland running things there in Davie 7-9 is about what we will get next season and the season after that. Stability indeed.

Not many people expected that we would win more than 4 games this year. In fact most NFL pundits had the dolphins as the worst team this year and us being 7-9 was a big surprise. Did you really expect playoffs this year with a new coach a extremely young team and a rookie QB?

Things could be much worse. We are in better shape than the Jets and Bills. We have a QB to build around and a coach that has a brain. While Ross may not be a great speaker anyone actually watches that interview today can see that he wants to win and now that he has put his guy in he will take responsibility for not winning next year. If you watch this you do not see a man who will keep Jeff Ireland if ihe screws up this offseasons draft and free agency and next year ends the same or worse than the 2012 season.

This is Ross's last chance, and quite frankly I would be more happy if Ross proves all the haters wrong and we do well next year (and the coming years) than the alternative.

the only reason ross buys tickets ,has nothing to do with fans,its so blackouts don't affect his share of the nfl's big money t.v deals .if his team get blackouted he lose big,

I was wondering about, financially it might make sense to buy every seat in the stadium depending on how much he makes in tv revenues

I really could care less about what Ross has to say, he says the same stuff all the time. Im not excited about the offseason nor am I dreading it. I will wait and see because I have no choice. Not sure why anybody would be super excited about Ireland with a few more draft picks lol or some money to spend. he has had picks and money before and he wasted both.

What a great post!

Ross pretty much said what we all wanted to hear.

1. Philbin and Tannehill are the coach and quarterback for the long term
2. He is sticking with Ireland to finish the plan.
3. Ireland and the team needs to win in 2013 or else
4. Draft is how you build the team, not through free agency. Though if a player is there in free agency that can really help, they will go after him
5. Money is no issue when it comes to chasing free agents

All good points and truths. Now is when fans and media spin what he said to make negative threads and articles. Predictable puppies.

I agree with what you said. Ross didn't say anything negative. He is right, we win everyone is happy.

Back
Top Bottom