Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise

Ross dropped an S-bomb during the press conference when his phone went off. Lol.

Ross wants the playoffs. Ireland is not in danger. He is young and Ross currently believes in him. Ross values good men so he thinks Ireland is one, obviously. It is not at a point where he would say 9-7 is not ok and 10-6 is OK. You have Ireland this year. Next year's formula for firing has not played out so any such answer would be a waste of time. I was think last night about the people that call themselves real fans (not talking you here). They always say things like, I get behind the teams players and cheer for them to be successful because I am a Dolphin fan. Perhaps it is time for the real fans to get behind Ireland, and say, OK, he has made some errors and learned things and has to be better, and cheer him on to get to the next level. I hope he does great, because he is the guy in the position. Or you could spend another year of your life whining. None of us know the inputs into decisions anyway. For example, ten guys around the boardroom table might have supported the Marshall or Davis moves yet we always say it was purely Ireland. Perhaps Ross has his back a bit because Ross knows these decisions are not the product of one man sitting there in isolation. People that have been around a boardroom table affecting business will know what I'm talking about. There is a reason Ireland is still here guys.

It is no secret that I have not been a fan of Ireland's work. [Note that my criticism is of his work product, not the man himself. I posted in a different thread a few days ago that if I were to run into him on the street I would treat him with the same respect that every person deserves.] I would love to be proven wrong and see our Dolphins make a deep playoff run in 2013. I would be ecstatic to see Ireland lead our Dolphins to a Super Bowl berth. If it happens I'll be the first to stand up and say I was wrong. Unfortunately, given the history of Ireland's work product, I think the probability is low that I will be proven wrong. Only time will tell.

Jets and Bills fans have nothing to be laughing about... sometime I wonder if you're one of them... only sometimes.

Why not? We laugh about the jets for all thei blunders, don't we? as far as the other part, I've been a fan since the 72 season when I was a kid and got use to rooting for a winning team with lots of class. What has happen to our team is a disgrace. Some people on here have never seen our team win a superbowl so they like to think that a 7 and 9 season is great and that a moron like Ireland "deserves another year" cause "everything is Parcells's fault" ......sometimes I wonder if you're one of those....only sometimes!!

Ozzy rules!!

Steve Ross said he's putting together a plan for public help with stadium upgrades.

pay for it yourself MR. BILLIONAIRE

This.

Guy supports romney who was against spending and welfare...and now he wants spending and welfare...

Hell no.

Why not? We laugh about the jets for all thei blunders, don't we? as far as the other part, I've been a fan since the 72 season when I was a kid and got use to rooting for a winning team with lots of class. What has happen to our team is a disgrace. Some people on here have never seen our team win a superbowl so they like to think that a 7 and 9 season is great and that a moron like Ireland "deserves another year" cause "everything is Parcells's fault" ......sometimes I wonder if you're one of those....only sometimes!!

Ozzy rules!!

point taken on us laughing at the Bills and Jets.

Lump me in the folks who have yet to experiance a Dolphins SB win, I became a fan of the fins in 84' at the ripe age of 6yrs old (living in California with Montana as the state hero to boot)... While I've yet to experiance the joy of a SB win as a fan, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I know whats better for the franchise then the PROFESSIONALS in charge do, so with that I trust in them to do their job the best they can and hope it works out... often times we think the grass is greener on the other side. sometimes it is... sometimes it isn't.

Say what you will about Ireland, but I like to believe that he is doing the best he can to win, same with Ross, while not a football guy, he really does just want to win... So in that matter I respect those guys.

The disturbing aspect, of course, is determination to patch a terrible stadium. If Ross goes through with it I'll make sure to contact all the commissioners involved with an opposing view, and show up in person to make a statement if I have to, if they take statements from the public. I'm not saying I'd have any influence at all but I can make a case, and it's my obligation to try. You can't sit back and allow an inept group of men atop the franchise to make decisions that impact the community for decades.

point taken on us laughing at the Bills and Jets.

Lump me in the folks who have yet to experiance a Dolphins SB win, I became a fan of the fins in 84' at the ripe age of 6yrs old (living in California with Montana as the state hero to boot)... While I've yet to experiance the joy of a SB win as a fan, I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I know whats better for the franchise then the PROFESSIONALS in charge do, so with that I trust in them to do their job the best they can and hope it works out... often times we think the grass is greener on the other side. sometimes it is... sometimes it isn't.

Say what you will about Ireland, but I like to believe that he is doing the best he can to win, same with Ross, while not a football guy, he really does just want to win... So in that matter I respect those guys.

Well, we both agree that Ross wants to win. As far as let the "profesionals that know better"....I know they're pros and we're not but when it comes to the draft, you, me and anyone else on this baord would probably do no worse than what we've done since the Wanny days as far as drafting the wrong players. I know being a GM is more than just drafting players but the argument that "they know better" has been used before and it doesn't hold water with me. Look, maybe Ireland will totaly change and do everything different and have a great draft( I hope he does) but his track record is that he don't know how to get playmakers, or at least, has not tried getting very many to begin with. That's what I'm worry about. Having said that, I hope he proves me wrong and has a great offseason......as far as you never seeing us win a superbowl, as much as I want to see us win one in my adult life, I'm hoping we get one for a lot of people I know, including an older couple from our church. I'm afraid he's going to died very soon of cancer but I'm hoping his wife gets to see the Dolphins win one.It's going to be a happy day and yet sad at the same time when I think about the people that didn't get to see it.

Ozzy rules!!

I have no issues with Ross. He said what we as fans wanted to hear. I have no issues with his direction. contrary to may on here constant change is NOT good. We have been changing and rearranging for the past 5 years. Lets stick with something and see how it works!. Keeping JI is not a bad thing. I HATS Sherman but I'm not calling for Norv Turner (who I think is a GREAT OC and MUCH better then Sherman IMO) but I understand that we should and need to stick with him for a little while to see his plan.

Lets see how this thing turns out. I am excited for the 1st time in years about FA and the draft.

Silly thread question. Everyone knows that the "State of the Franchise" is Florida, and do not see much else Ross can add. LOL

Jets and Bills fans have nothing to be laughing about... sometime I wonder if you're one of them... only sometimes.

are you kidding me? Jets were in the AFC champ game 2 times, what has Miami done? They still almost had a better record than us and they had dirty sanchez and who knows who theback up is as QB.

are you kidding me? Jets were in the AFC champ game 2 times, what has Miami done? They still almost had a better record than us and they had dirty sanchez and who knows who theback up is as QB.

Good point. Jets are a class act in every way possible and should not be laughed at...

You in Los Angeles?

I've really turned the corner on Stephen Ross. He had me at "Oh ****". Lmao...

But really tho, this guy sees it all coming together. I'm excited. You negative nellies can keep twisting in the wind...

But really tho, this guy sees it all coming together. I'm excited. You negative nellies can keep twisting in the wind...

agreed, it's like all these jokers expected a new coaching staff and a brand new QB with limited starts in college to just take off and be instant SB contenders. I see the potential this coaching staff has and am excited for the future!

Agreed, Ross seems to "get it" now. I suggest to all that are complaining and twisting printed words to actually watch the press conference and actually see him talk.

We can piss or moan all we want, but the people in charge are the people in charge, that is not going to change. This is going to be a very exciting offseason for the Dolphins and they appear to be on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom