Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise

If Ross does not dabble in free agency, the stadium will be even more empty.

chZHT-1.gif

The Reggie Bush trade and even the signing of Kevin Burnett have worked out nicely I would say.

Reggie and Burnett were hardly "major free agent signings" . . . though both have been solid players for us. I was just pointing out that one person got mad because a poster said its been 3 years since we signed a major free agent and went on to quote Dansby and Marshall as guys we signed . . . guys we signed 3 years ago.

The Reggie Bush trade and even the signing of Kevin Burnett have worked out nicely I would say.

those dont fall under "top free agents". When we are talking about top free agents, we are talking about Elite players.

If Ross does not dabble in free agency, the stadium will be even more empty.

If this team doesn't sign a big name free agent WR, the stadium will be an absolute ghost town, IMO. This is one case where the reality of business will be good for the product on the field.

I can see it now of Finheaven...we will have Tweet after Tweet about receivers and TE's going to other teams...and we will be livid.

ROSS SAYS WE WILL CONTINUE TO BUILT THRU THE DRAFT ...IN OTHER WORDS WAIT FOR TOMMY BRADY TO GET OLDER!!!!!!:ponder:

The only question, who will be this year's Legedu Naanee?

I have said it since the season ended. I can live without Jennings, Wallace or Bowe. HOWEVER, re-sign Hartline, get an athletic TE, draft a vertical receiving threat in the 2nd round. However, this takes the Fins to get involved in FA.

Ross pretty much said what we all wanted to hear.

1. Philbin and Tannehill are the coach and quarterback for the long term
2. He is sticking with Ireland to finish the plan.
3. Ireland and the team needs to win in 2013 or else
4. Draft is how you build the team, not through free agency. Though if a player is there in free agency that can really help, they will go after him
5. Money is no issue when it comes to chasing free agents

All good points and truths. Now is when fans and media spin what he said to make negative threads and articles. Predictable puppies.[/QUOTE
Post of the thread

Where in public did Ross put Ireland on notice that it is win or go? I didn't see the press conference. Can you provide a link?

No link to the video yet, Dolphins.com said they will have it up later. Ross was asked what the goal of 2013 was and his response was "win". He also made a comment about that Jeff needs to "deliver the personnel that will make us a winning franchise". With Ireland not under contract at this point for 2014, it was very obvious that Ross was saying Jeff needs to field a winning team or else in 2013.

Back
Top Bottom