Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross: State of the Franchise

When they asked him what the plan is for 2013 and he said win, that was a clear shot across the bow of Jeff Ireland's tenure, IMO.

Ross clearly has the brain worms.

Ross pretty much said what we all wanted to hear.

1. Philbin and Tannehill are the coach and quarterback for the long term
2. He is sticking with Ireland to finish the plan.
3. Ireland and the team needs to win in 2013 or else
4. Draft is how you build the team, not through free agency. Though if a player is there in free agency that can really help, they will go after him
5. Money is no issue when it comes to chasing free agents

All good points and truths. Now is when fans and media spin what he said to make negative threads and articles. Predictable puppies.

Nublar always phrasing things fairly... thanks!

Ross pretty much said what we all wanted to hear.

1. Philbin and Tannehill are the coach and quarterback for the long term
2. He is sticking with Ireland to finish the plan.
3. Ireland and the team needs to win in 2013 or else
4. Draft is how you build the team, not through free agency. Though if a player is there in free agency that can really help, they will go after him
5. Money is no issue when it comes to chasing free agents

All good points and truths. Now is when fans and media spin what he said to make negative threads and articles. Predictable puppies.

We have 1 post of substance in this entire thread. Good job FH :up:

When they asked him what the plan is for 2013 and he said win, that was a clear shot across the bow of Jeff Ireland's tenure, IMO.

i thought he said we were suppose to win last year?? is there an experitation date on this "suppose" to win approach?

Steve Ross said he's putting together a plan for public help with stadium upgrades.

pay for it yourself MR. BILLIONAIRE

omg.... He actually said that???? We are doomed....

Um if he was willing to spend money, than why doesnt he pay for the upgrades himself than? Why is he trying to milk money from the poor middle class to pay for his stadium upgrades, if he is willing to spend money, than why havent we landed a top free agent in 3 years.
My take is, he is not willing to spend money, which is why we have the worst wr corps in the nfl.

we havent landed a top free agent in 3 years? Dude what dolphins do you watch? Miami seaqarium? Karlos dansby was the most sought after lb and ross made him the highest paid lb. Brandon marshall who wasnt a free agent which we acquired thru trade was made the highest paid wr at that point. Ross even buys tickets so fans can still watch the game at home. So dont tell me ross doesnt spend money. Granted he's not a football wiz but he is a damn good business wiz.

While some are twisting Ross' words about wanting the focus to be on building through the draft as him saying the team won't sign any free agents, there is one thing we can definitely end today. The whole talk/speculation about Ireland's job status this year. While it was clear to some, including myself, as far back as late November/early December that he was going to be retained, some people as late as today were still talking like there was a chance he was going to be let go. Hopefully those few finally have come to terms that Ireland is here for 2013. End of story. Period.

I really like that Ross put Ireland on notcie today that it is win or go in 2013. Let Ireland finish his plan and see it through and if it doesn't work out, change directions. Ross is a smart man.

we havent landed a top free agent in 3 years? Dude what dolphins do you watch? Miami seaqarium? Karlos dansby was the most sought after lb and ross made him the highest paid lb. Brandon marshall who wasnt a free agent which we acquired thru trade was made the highest paid wr at that point. Ross even buys tickets so fans can still watch the game at home. So dont tell me ross doesnt spend money. Granted he's not a football wiz but he is a damn good business wiz.

Well he did say "3 years" and technically . . . those 2 deals happened "3 years ago" . . . so he isn't off at all.

I like the comment about the Pats can't be good forever. Awesome. Methodical approach. That will work.

Wait for the rest of the pack to come back down to us? God help us, with that attitude we're never making the playoffs again.

i thought he said we were suppose to win last year?? is there an experitation date on this "suppose" to win approach?

This is a fair point, but the moves made by the team last season were clearly to set us up for this year, IMO. Last off-season, we traded away two top players for future draft picks, drafted and then started a rookie QB, etc.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part but I think Jeff was given assurances that he would be safe in 2012 but 2013 would need to be a significant improvement. That's really about the only way I can read the moves made by the organization for them to make any sense.

lmao, ross dont buy squat. Team sponsors take care of the bill, car dealerships ect.. Not once has ross paid for anything. that is a known fact by everyone here.

I really like that Ross put Ireland on notcie today that it is win or go in 2013. Let Ireland finish his plan and see it through and if it doesn't work out, change directions. Ross is a smart man.

Where in public did Ross put Ireland on notice that it is win or go? I didn't see the press conference. Can you provide a link?

Back
Top Bottom