Steven Ross Class Act owner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steven Ross Class Act owner

Ya know, I think Ross is getting this ownership learning curve down finally. I'm not unhappy with him; as a matter of fact I'd rather see our owner step in to prevent the signing of Orton as compared to the jest owner stepping in to compel the signing of Tebow!

PS: Fergie ain't lookin so "licious" these days.

i said all along Ross bought a bomb waiting to go off because that Fat Fraud Parcells was power playing him. I think Ross has learned there is a certain way things get conducted an it's not always about the biggest checkbook. The way he has been conducting himself is way better!

Awesome showing by Mr. Ross. I didn't really care for him much at all at first but, now he's starting to grow on me. Does anyone have a rough approx of how many Dolphin fans were out there this Sunday?

DolfansNYC bought a block of 200 tix in 2 sections, and tons of others bought tix in those sections.. We took over Metlife

Ya know, I think Ross is getting this ownership learning curve down finally. I'm not unhappy with him; as a matter of fact I'd rather see our owner step in to prevent the signing of Orton as compared to the jest owner stepping in to compel the signing of Tebow!

PS: Fergie ain't lookin so "licious" these days.

not with you on the fergielicious statement
20101212151116_fergalicious-fergie-d-011848.jpg

I'm thinking Philbin & co. are having a very positive effect on Ross. This pleases me because I truely believe he loves the Fins.

you can criticize Ross for star chasing (Manning, Harbaugh, and Fisher) and making some outlandish comments (Henne would be the best Miami QB since Marino) but I never understood other criticisms. The Fins were losing attendance when Ross became owner and he did a bunch of things to try and get local interest back in the club. Never understood people calling him a joke though. He never really, or at least not yet, played hardball with money and he doesn't get involved with football operations or make himself the face of the franchise. He goes to the locker room to be with the team after the game, and he's been sitting in the war room during the draft to learn how things work.

To me his first few years mirror Arthur Blank's first few years as owner of the Falcons in a lot of ways. Good guy, does a lot of things to get more local interest in the team, star chased (Bobby Patrino, and tried for Bill Parcells) but when that didn't work out he went for lesser known guys (Dimitroff and Smith) and things started working out.

I have a lot of respect for this.

And for once its nice to see Miami fans at jets stadium, especially while we kick there butts.

He's corporate background didn't help with the hiring process, in business when you are ready to replace a CEO you find the replacement first( he got found out, didn't expect the level of press involvement) and when you don't know the industry you hire names not new creative guys who kill for the opportunity paycheck comes second.
What I saw in Ross all along was that in spite of the mistakes, he was always trying to improve the team.

Awesome showing by Mr. Ross. I didn't really care for him much at all at first but, now he's starting to grow on me. Does anyone have a rough approx of how many Dolphin fans were out there this Sunday?

We bought 200 tickets but we had a TON more people to buy tickets around our sections. There had to be more than 300 at the tailgate for sure...

And not to nitpick but it was a cheeseburger and not a hamburger. I actually picked up Ross glasses for him after the burger knocked them off. :)

Thank you Mr. Ross for bringing our team back to winning ways. Our team rocks.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom