Steven Ross Class Act owner | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steven Ross Class Act owner

If I was a multi billionaire and somebody threw a hamburger at me he would regret that decision, maybe not right at that moment but at some point in the near future.

Just wanted to let everyone know, that Mr. Ross stopped by the DolfansNYC tailgate along w/ Fergie and some of the Dolphins cheerleaders, and they were taking pictures and talking to as many fans as possible. And some lowlife jets fans hit Mr. Ross with a hanburger
Here is me on the left of Fergie, and Mr Ross behind her.

I dont think any other owner in the NFL would do the same

View attachment 9374

Woody does that every week at Jet games. Not trying to make this a competition just refuting your "I dont think any other owner in the NFL would do the same" comment.

woodyjohnson-1.jpg

Woody does that every week at Jet games. Not trying to make this a competition just refuting your "I dont think any other owner in the NFL would do the same" comment.

woodyjohnson-1.jpg

Have any Jets fans thrown a hamburger at him yet?

Because they probably will if Sanchez is starting your next home game.

Have any Jets fans thrown a hamburger at him yet?

Because they probably will if Sanchez is starting your next home game.

I think just hot dogs.

I don't know if the burger story is true, if so it's the act of a single idiot. It doesn't bring down the whole fanbase though I think we have more than enough idiots. football fans(sports fans) in general are are mostly idiots.

Well I saw him in the parking lot this week, and security wouldn't let any1 get near him... And then there is also a huge difference between doing it an a home game and an away game

Most of those "Stupid statements" were completely overblown, and we, as a fanbase bought right into the
media kicking at us. We got mad right along with the media, who can't even get our RECORD right.
Lol, there is no way to spin "Henne will be the new Dan Marino". Had nothing to do with the Media, the guys talks crazy at times. Plain and Simple :)

Lol, there is no way to spin "Henne will be the new Dan Marino". Had nothing to do with the Media, the guys talks crazy at times. Plain and Simple :)

That was just puppy exuberance. It was dumb as were some of his other early moves graceless but at this point Ross is mounting that ownership learning curve pretty nicely IMO after the initial missteps.

Putting that further in perspective Chubbs, would you rather have an owner with the business acumen and general sense who'll step in to quash an Orton trade and $8mil signing or one who's even more headline hungry, but for the wrong reasons who would compel his football people to burn a 3rd for Tebow? How about a pompous owner who over many years has barely sniffed the playoffs, yet considers himself an effective GM instead of hiring football people? Hell, what about "The Garbageman"?? So long as there were arses in the seats, he was perfectly happy to maintain a level that was a notch or two above mediocre and the status quo. Yeah, Ross screwed up with Tony before the light went off and before he actually hired a HC with the potential to be the best since Don, but you know, if oblivious Wayne still owned the team, the chances are good that Tony would still be fist pumping on our sidelines.

All the foregoing aside, it's Ross's money so it's his prerogative; If we truly are on the right track and it's not a mirage like in 08, if the team builds it, they will come and the seats will fill up. Whether you or I like Ross or not will not matter nor likely affect our commitment to attend home games.

That was just puppy exuberance. It was dumb as were some of his other early moves graceless but at this point Ross is mounting that ownership learning curve pretty nicely IMO after the initial missteps.

Putting that further in perspective Chubbs, would you rather have an owner with the business acumen and general sense who'll step in to quash an Orton trade and $8mil signing or one who's even more headline hungry, but for the wrong reasons who would compel his football people to burn a 3rd for Tebow? How about a pompous owner who over many years has barely sniffed the playoffs, yet considers himself an effective GM instead of hiring football people? Hell, what about "The Garbageman"?? So long as there were arses in the seats, he was perfectly happy to maintain a level that was a notch or two above mediocre and the status quo. Yeah, Ross screwed up with Tony before the light went off and before he actually hired a HC with the potential to be the best since Don, but you know, if oblivious Wayne still owned the team, the chances are good that Tony would still be fist pumping on our sidelines.

All the foregoing aside, it's Ross's money so it's his prerogative; If we truly are on the right track and it's not a mirage like in 08, if the team builds it, they will come and the seats will fill up. Whether you or I like Ross or not will not matter nor likely affect our commitment to attend home games.
I know and as my earlier comment in the thread, he has begun to redeem himself...... but there were definitely some hairy moment in the beginning.

Speaking of Woody, one thing you have to give Ross a lot of credit for is not bringing in Tebow. We were in a much more desperate situation QB wise than the Jets and Tebow would have been an extremely easy solution to our ticket sales woes, at least in the short term.

Kudos Mr. Ross.

see the Henne/Marino comment gets overblown. I remember when he made it, at the time people on the board loved the comment as Henne still looked promising.

Hell, what about "The Garbageman"?? So long as there were arses in the seats, he was perfectly happy to maintain a level that was a notch or two above mediocre and the status quo. Yeah, Ross screwed up with Tony before the light went off and before he actually hired a HC with the potential to be the best since Don, but you know, if oblivious Wayne still owned the team, the chances are good that Tony would still be fist pumping on our sidelines.
I think Ross is doing much better as of late, but I don't see how anyone doesn't rate higher than "the Garbageman." Every move he made was the wrong one, for years! He didn't even get lucky and stumble into success. On the contrary, he took a popular but underachieving team and turned them into basement-dwelling also-rans. He'll go down as the worst owner the team's ever had (and if there ever is a worse owner, I don't see how the franchise survives).

Ross has a long, long way to go before he reaches Wayne-like levels of ineptitude, but his decision to extend Sparano and bring him back for 2011 cost the team an entire season and a whole 'nother year of wasted time. We'll see if his decisions post-Sparano redeem him.

Back
Top Bottom