Steven Ross Class Act owner | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steven Ross Class Act owner

We bought 200 tickets but we had a TON more people to buy tickets around our sections. There had to be more than 300 at the tailgate for sure...

And not to nitpick but it was a cheeseburger and not a hamburger. I actually picked up Ross glasses for him after the burger knocked them off. :)

How did Ross respond to the burger thrown? Did he laugh it off, expectant of the hostility and rivalry w/ the jet crowd?

How did Ross respond to the burger thrown? Did he laugh it off, expectant of the hostility and rivalry w/ the jet crowd?

I thought he was really upset at first but once he got his glasses back he was totally cool with it and just kept posing for pictures and signing of autographs. He was just worried about his glasses. No f***s given in regards to the burger.

I thought he was really upset at first but once he got his glasses back he was totally cool with it and just kept posing for pictures and signing of autographs. He was just worried about his glasses. No f***s given in regards to the burger.

Verry cool and more fuel for the rivalry perhaps. Hey thanks for sharing the story, it sounded like you all had a blast, congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ill admit that i was one of the big Ross bashers and finally i can eat crow.For the 1st time i can say Good Job Mr Ross Good Job.

Hey is that Rob Carpenter (:)) next to Fergy...?

Cool Picture.....

d-1

you can criticize Ross for star chasing (Manning, Harbaugh, and Fisher) and making some outlandish comments (Henne would be the best Miami QB since Marino) but I never understood other criticisms. The Fins were losing attendance when Ross became owner and he did a bunch of things to try and get local interest back in the club. Never understood people calling him a joke though. He never really, or at least not yet, played hardball with money and he doesn't get involved with football operations or make himself the face of the franchise. He goes to the locker room to be with the team after the game, and he's been sitting in the war room during the draft to learn how things work.

So? SR is the anti-Jerry Jones?

I've been with him the whole way.
I haven't been and deservingly so, he has made several stupid statements/decisions along the way, but whom am I to hold final judgement? Everyone has a chance to redeem themselves.

Well..... anyone not named Saban.
Chubbs

I've been with him the whole way.

Me too. Ive always thought he was sincere and showed integrity. He made some rookie owner mistakes, and he's not a great public speaker, but he has made the right moves and never caved into fans stupid demands.

Now we just need to get the same effort at our home games. All those empty orange seats need to get filled up for the next game.

NYC represented. That's for sure.

I respect Ross. As a gazillionaire he really doesn't need all the headaches that's he's got over this team. He could have just wrote it off and moved on but he stuck with it and now deserves lots of credit.

Great job to all those who attended in New York, you were very noticeable on tv.

If we beat the Colts, Bills and Titans and have 6 winning games in a row, I will not be amused if I see a single empty seat at the game in Miami.

Great job to all those who attended in New York, you were very noticeable on tv.

If we beat the Colts, Bills and Titans and have 6 winning games in a row, I will not be amused if I see a single empty seat at the game in Miami.

I have bad news for you. Typically, you don't see a difference in attendance until the next season. So while I think we will probably be safe from blackout danger (thanks to the 85% rule), there are still going to be some empty seats.

My guess is that the ticket office will do a lot of business in March.

I haven't been and deservingly so, he has made several stupid statements/decisions along the way, but whom am I to hold final judgement? Everyone has a chance to redeem themselves.

Well..... anyone not named Saban.
Chubbs

Most of those "Stupid statements" were completely overblown, and we, as a fanbase bought right into the
media kicking at us. We got mad right along with the media, who can't even get our RECORD right.

Back
Top Bottom