Still want these players? (ESPN's Top 8 Overrated Players) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still want these players? (ESPN's Top 8 Overrated Players)

How could you put Donald Driver on that list? I mean, you've got to be kidding me. If you want to put Anderson on that list, so be it. Clark and Shockey? Understandable... Seymour and Vrabel, fine by me however I find it ironic how you're turning on your team now that they're cheaters since 2000... Shaun Rodgers? That's okay too. But to put Donald Driver on that list? You have got to be kidding me...

Donald Driver is the man that Brett Favre goes to when he's in need of a big play. You always see Driver leading the team in yardage each game, but when it comes down to the red zone, Favre ignores Driver and instantly looks off of Jennings. Notice how normally Jennings had one or two catches it seems, but one is always a TD? Personally I think Jennings is the overrated WR, much more than Driver.

Also, he thinks Vanden Bosch is overrated? Give me a break, Joyner... Get a clue!

I dont understand what the difference is if its a coverage sack or regular sack in the end it is a sack, you still have to make the play. They dont say well you know some of those interceptions were tipped balls or off the receivers hands thats why it was a interception or that you catch interceptions off a tip ball, who the hell cares, the guy made the play. If we start taking the shine off some the players stats than nobody will have good stats. Its part of the game

The difference? Nothing... it's just a way for ESPN to hate on players.. It's like when people complain about Brady running the shotgun 5 yards from the endzone and throws a touchdown... So what? It's still a TD... I see 6 points on the board, there aren't any handicap points in football..

Anderson overrated?

Shocking...

....and "Shockeying" too

hailshula5xy3-1.jpg

Driver should not be anywhere near this list. he has been playing at an elite level consistently ever since he got to GB...This is laughable at best..

Vandenbosch or Clark also sjouldnt be on the list either IMO

Shockey is just a loud mouth but I dont think he is overrated. He just confuses the hell out of Eli.

DA.. The jury is out on him. It is too early to call him overrated or the next coming of Bernie Cosar in Cleveland..

The rest, Vrabel, Seymor, Rogers, Vrabel being the top dog are highly overrated. Id say Vrabel is one of the most overrated players in the league

really? i thought he palyed a pretty solid second half of the season, especially with not much help up front on the d-line. offense linemen were getting to our backers often this year.

i watched every Miami Dolphin game this season, and in all but a few, at some point in the second half the announcers would say, "we haven't called Joey Porter's name much today."

for the money he was paid, we saw little to no dividends paid. which is probably why Pittsburgh was glad to see him go.

Joey didn't go to the Pro Bowl....

kid,lay off the :beer1:.....

i know he didn't go to the Pro Bowl, but any list of overrated (and/or overpaid) players has to include him.

bbut thanks for calling me kid! nobody has done that in quite awhile! :up:

i watched every Miami Dolphin game this season, and in all but a few, at some point in the second half the announcers would say, "we haven't called Joey Porter's name much today."

for the money he was paid, we saw little to no dividends paid. which is probably why Pittsburgh was glad to see him go.

Im not saying he was overpaid because I think he was but the second half of the season during and after the Pitt game you have to admit he played very well and made alot of plays... Hopefully it will continue into 08 and we can produce to his contract.

oh yeah donald drive should not be on there either, driver is a great receiver

for a sport that emphasizes 'team' the pro bowl doesn't work. The best teams will have guys with amazing numbers, those guys on any other team would produce a different story.

I think Brady would not be the QB he is in NE had he been drafted by most other teams, that system is just great. Most mediocre players can succeed in NE, which is why they do not extend contracts to their own players very often.

Too be honest I agree with most of that. I mean you could argue this, and point out that. But it was pretty well encompassing of the truth.

I agree with most on that list. i would add daunte Hall. I think he's perhaps the most ovverated "elite' DB in the NFL. Almost every time he went up against another elite #1 WR these last two years, he got torched.

Shaun Rogers!!! YES!!!

He was double teamed every play, dont blame YPA on him. Thats horse $hit

Back
Top Bottom