Summary Of Mock Drafts For The Dolphins First Round Pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Summary Of Mock Drafts For The Dolphins First Round Pick

If I’m Grier I’m taking Brian Thomas if he’s there! Especially now that Buffalo is desperate for a receiver. Thomas is a game changer. Reek and Waddle showed instances of injury last year and we had no size receivers to go up and get the one v one balls.
I would giggle My ass off If we did this. I drempt we drafted him like 3 nights ago and thought it was weird, I woke up and was like, no way that happens.

I really like Thomas as a player too, id be cool with it.

I still believe our best bet is to trade down, assuming we have a trade partner, and pick up 1-2 more picks. An infusion of younger cheap contracts is much needed. We could probably use 1 draft pick in each area: OG (maybe 2), OT, DT, DE, CB, S, WR, LB, in no specific order. I would also consider a QB in the later rounds for development. Release White and go with Skylar as backup.

This should be a continuing aspect of our drafting policies!

I believe Miami is waiting until after June 1, when more money is available, to get the Tua contract done.

But the fact that it isn't yet does raise speculation heading into the draft.

Although I'm not buying the quarterback pick, it does feel like almost anything is on the table. Offensive line and defensive tackle are the biggest areas of need IMO.

Depth at safety, a tight end to challenge Smith, and possibly a bigger back makes sense.

Pass rusher and corner are always on the table.
I suspect our current two backup QB's may have some limited trade value if we are looking for a better backup QB.

Ohh yeah, I agree, if we could trade down with each of our original picks this year I'd be down.

This draft class is prob the best draft in 3 to 4 years, maybe longer. The more picks the better.

I'm watching the Chargers very closely, im almost positive they trade down, Harbough has been recruiting/interviewing this years draft class for the last 4 years. On paper he should have a HUGE advantage in this draft, almost unprecedented in NFL history when you factor in how NIL changed the way college coaches went from recruiting players to basically offering them contracts. Harbough had to be studying so many of these guys, trying to get them to transfer to Michigan, hes probabaly got dossiers an inch thick on most these prospects.

If he has a dossier an inch thick on a potential player, we probably don't want to have anything to do with that guy. Let Harbough have them, right up to the time a warrant is served for their arrest. - LOL

Now ESPN has Barton to Pittsburgh in this one, and Miami taking a DT. I cannot believe Barton goes this high, and that doesn't seem like a Pitt kind of pick either, but I guess we will see:

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

Graham Barton, C, Duke

Although wide receiver was a thought here after the Steelers traded Diontae Johnson, Pittsburgh's history of finding talented wideouts beyond the first round and the position's depth in this class made me go another direction. Barton is among the most versatile linemen available, having played left tackle his final three seasons at Duke after playing center as a true freshman. I view him as an interior player in the NFL and a center for the Steelers, as he is arguably the most impressive run-blocker in the class. His versatility, core power and handwork all stood out to me when watching tape.

i

21. Miami Dolphins

Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas

The Dolphins just watched Christian Wilkins depart in free agency, but Murphy has some traces of Wilkins in his game as a disruptive interior defender. Murphy had a great season in 2023 with five sacks, but the stats are far from the full story of his impact. He has a unique ability to torque and hold up against the run, and he makes life easier for the players around him.
From a distance it seems like Graham Barton's stock is rising and Jackson Powers-Johnson's stock is declining.

If Miami doesn’t go OT first round & guard 2nd round it would be in my opinion a colossal mistake. The main reason Miami didn’t advance beyond the first round was because our OL is made up of the perennial all injured squad.

Invest in young , talented and injury free OL. Tua, Mostert & Achane will feast.

Back
Top Bottom